Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless, doesn't mean he doesn't have what it takes to win a flag. He very clearly does. A single behind and it's a ludicrous and factually incorrect suggestion...

True, but my point is he hasn't had to do the hard yards and develop a list over a number of years. He's inherited good lists and made them better.

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
True, but my point is he hasn't had to do the hard yards and develop a list over a number of years. He's inherited good lists and made them better.

Right, though my original post you quoted was in response to a poster saying he didn't have what it takes to win a flag, not so much how he'd go with our list.

Marc Shmurf 3

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2006
In Carlton's Midfield
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melb Victory, Storm, Juve
This will go well beyond the first few rounds of the year. Both parties are happy to wait, however the longer it goes on, and if Kreuzer starts to perform, more $$$ will come his way. With the amount of money that has been thrown his way right now, if he stays I will love him forever. He is a loyal man from my dealings with him...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...g-contract-talks/story-fni5f5nx-1227214996193

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
This will go well beyond the first few rounds of the year. Both parties are happy to wait, however the longer it goes on, and if Kreuzer starts to perform, more $$$ will come his way. With the amount of money that has been thrown his way right now, if he stays I will love him forever. He is a loyal man from my dealings with him...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...g-contract-talks/story-fni5f5nx-1227214996193
Where is the money coming from? GWS? Dogs? Swans?

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
This might seem like a dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway... If a player is a restricted free agent, can they accept an offer from their club that is lower than what others offer?

Hypothetical example: Kreuz wants $475k per season, but the club can only afford $415k. No contract is signed before the free agency period comes up. Carlton offers $450k as the highest it can afford, but other clubs have already put offers in, the highest being $685k. Does it all come down the Kreuzer's choice? I.e. he can accept Carlton's offer and it's "too bad, so sad" for all the other clubs? And secondly, can a club that wasn't the highest bidder (say, Hawthorn bids $550k in the above example) be the one that the player chooses to go to (subject to club matching the offer for a restricted FA)?

Sometimes this free agency stuff does my head in!

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
This might seem like a dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway... If a player is a restricted free agent, can they accept an offer from their club that is lower than what others offer?

Hypothetical example: Kreuz wants $475k per season, but the club can only afford $415k. No contract is signed before the free agency period comes up. Carlton offers $450k as the highest it can afford, but other clubs have already put offers in, the highest being $685k. Does it all come down the Kreuzer's choice? I.e. he can accept Carlton's offer and it's "too bad, so sad" for all the other clubs? And secondly, can a club that wasn't the highest bidder (say, Hawthorn bids $550k in the above example) be the one that the player chooses to go to?

Kruezer can field offers from any team - however if he wishes to accept one - then he nominates that offer - and then the club can choose to match it or not.

It will never get to that last stage though, because by the time a player has chosen they want to take an offer from another club - they have chosen to leave, and would know how much we were willing to offer.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

Hypothetical example: Kreuz wants $475k per season, but the club can only afford $415k. No contract is signed before the free agency period comes up. Carlton offers $450k as the highest it can afford, but other clubs have already put offers in, the highest being $685k. Does it all come down the Kreuzer's choice? I.e. he can accept Carlton's offer and it's "too bad, so sad" for all the other clubs? And secondly, can a club that wasn't the highest bidder (say, Hawthorn bids $550k in the above example) be the one that the player chooses to go to (subject to club matching the offer for a restricted FA)?

Here you go ShanDog

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

Players who are in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for restricted free agency the first time they are out of contract, if they have served at least eight years with the club.

For example, a player who is contracted after his seventh year for one, two, three, four or five years will be eligible for restricted free agency when next out of contract having completed either eight, nine, 10, 11 or 12 seasons respectively.

A top 25 per cent player is eligible for unrestricted free agency when next out of contract, provided a player can never be an unrestricted free agent until completing at least 10 years’ service at one club.

For example, a player who signs a one-year contract after his eighth season is not eligible for unrestricted free agency until he has completed at least 10 years’ service.

Restricted free agents have the right to move to a club of their choice, subject to the current club’s right of first refusal over their services. That is, if the current club can ‘match’ the offer from a suitor club, the player must stay or enter the draft. The tabled offer includes only football payments and Additional Service Agreements (ASA) amounts.

Sam Rowe, Michael Jamieson and new recruits Kristian Jaksch and Blaine Boekhorst will share the key defensive roles, while Cameron Wood and Warnock will push Kreuzer for the rucking spot.

The Kreuzer article is telling us that Boekhorst will be sharing a key defensive post...........he may be taking over our previous CHB, in Armfield.

Beer n Skittles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Rampage
The Kreuzer article is telling us that Boekhorst will be sharing a key defensive post...........he may be taking over our previous CHB, in Armfield.
Can't spell Jamison either. Bloody Ralph
upload_2015-2-11_14-37-45.jpeg

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
That's what he'd be doing with us though. The foundations are now there.
Rubbish. St Kilda and Fremantle have had vastly superior lists to us when Lyon took over.

Both sides had gun key forwards in Riewoldt and Pavlich plus reliable defenders more than capable of doing the job. Jamo has been our pivot down back and we all know about his injury worries.

Our midfield is probably the only somewhat established area of the ground, and even that is still something that needs major work in the depth department.

We're going to lose two guys in Judd and Carrazzo soon who have been huge for our midfield in the past six years or so. That's going to be a huge loss for the club. These are the guys that in the past have freed up Murphy and Gibbs and have always lead from the front, especially Judd. We've all seen how Murphy can struggle with the opposition focusing on him at every stoppage.

We've got Hendo up forward, but he doesn't come close to what Pavlich and Riewoldt were when Lyon came in, he might get there, but he's not there yet.

The reality is that the team has been incredibly ordinary since 2011 (2013 finals campaign was okay, but we played Richmond...) and Malthouse knows this. The list has undergone significant changes, so I think it's quite ridiculous to think that Lyon can come in and have us playing in a granny within two to three years like the Saints and Dockers did.

Plus some of you may not care so much about the entertainment factor, but I find it incredibly hard in any sport to barrack for a team that is horribly bad to watch. Ross Lyon teams make for horrible viewing.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Rubbish. St Kilda and Fremantle have had vastly superior lists to us when Lyon took over.

Both sides had gun key forwards in Riewoldt and Pavlich plus reliable defenders more than capable of doing the job. Jamo has been our pivot down back and we all know about his injury worries.

Our midfield is probably the only somewhat established area of the ground, and even that is still something that needs major work in the depth department.

We're going to lose two guys in Judd and Carrazzo soon who have been huge for our midfield in the past six years or so. That's going to be a huge loss for the club. These are the guys that in the past have freed up Murphy and Gibbs and have always lead from the front, especially Judd. We've all seen how Murphy can struggle with the opposition focusing on him at every stoppage.

We've got Hendo up forward, but he doesn't come close to what Pavlich and Riewoldt were when Lyon came in, he might get there, but he's not there yet.

The reality is that the team has been incredibly ordinary since 2011 (2013 finals campaign was okay, but we played Richmond...) and Malthouse knows this. The list has undergone significant changes, so I think it's quite ridiculous to think that Lyon can come in and have us playing in a granny within two to three years like the Saints and Dockers did.

Plus some of you may not care so much about the entertainment factor, but I find it incredibly hard in any sport to barrack for a team that is horribly bad to watch. Ross Lyon teams make for horrible viewing.
Go look up the word 'foundation'.

I didn't say we had St Kilda or Fremantle's lists.

Would rather win a premiership playing ugly than not winning one playing good looking footy.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Go look up the word 'foundation'.

I didn't say we had St Kilda or Fremantle's lists.

Would rather win a premiership playing ugly than not winning one playing good looking footy.
I know what a foundation is. St Kilda and Fremantle had foundations. Gun key forwards, youthful midfields (and veterans still with years left), and anchors in defence.

What we have is a list that has been changed significantly since our major finals success in 2011 (if you can even call it that). I'd like to see some signs of stability down back and up forward along with some steady improvement before even saying we have a foundation for a flag.

Beer n Skittles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Rampage
I know what a foundation is. St Kilda and Fremantle had foundations. Gun key forwards, youthful midfields (and veterans still with years left), and anchors in defence.

What we have is a list that has been changed significantly since our major finals success in 2011 (if you can even call it that). I'd like to see some signs of stability down back and up forward along with some steady improvement before even saying we have a foundation for a flag.
It's easy to see the quality on a list in hindsight. In 2009 Freo kicked 1 point in a half of footy and finished 14th. Won an elim final in 2010. Back down to 11th in 2011. Carlton's last 3 years are actually very similar.

I'm not saying Lyon could do the same thing with Carlton's list, but IMO he deserves plenty of credit for what he's done at Freo.

GWS, Suns, Lions, Cats, Saints and Doggies have all expressed major interest.
dont expect dogs to be seriously interested in him
minno still got a year and the club sees Campbell as the future 1 ruckman
unless we get him and turn him into a forward but unlikely due to boyd also doing ruck stints this year.

Sorry for jumping onto ya board
also can we have foster back? Haha

unless we get him and turn him into a forward but unlikely due to boyd also doing ruck stints this year.

Drop back in 12 months :thumbsu:

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC

We are his foster parents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back