Super Rugby 2015 Super Rugby discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodwin, JOC, AAC are three better options to Hunt off the top of my head.

Plus why would the Wallabies miss Hunt at 12 when he was going to play 15??

Plus your forgetting the scrum which is THE biggest issue facing the Wallabies heading towards the RWC. But hey it the 12 that's the issue instead:rolleyes:

Your logic as always is flawed

AAK at 12 dear gosh! The bloke can't pass lets put him at 12! Godwin fair enough, the others meh. JOC is a winger at test level.

The scrum is fine if we don't pick too many hacks, which we did last year.

Every good side has a great 12/13 we have two rubbish ones...

Toomua is far from rubbish. Defensively he is a monster and he's a very solid secondary play-making option. He isn't a 10 at Test level in terms of being the primary ball-handler but as someone who can jump into 10 when the nominal fly-half is out of the way, he is certainly effective.

If Toomua is our 12, he will be far from our weak link. Lock is the main position of concern for me. If we can get Kane Douglas back for the RWC which I hear is a possibility than that helps but if not, we're in trouble there. In terms of props, we have two good first choice guys in Kepu and Slipper but we desperately need good replacements (Scott Sio is one of my ideal bench guys for the RWC, probably with Greg Holmes if I had my way but he won't get picked). We can't keep going with Alexander, just like we can't keep going with Horwill at the RWC.

AAK at 12 dear gosh! The bloke can't pass lets put him at 12! Godwin fair enough, the others meh. JOC is a winger at test level.

Beale is the NSW 12 so there is yet another option. Hunt was never an option at 12, but keep believing that if you must.

The scrum is fine if we don't pick too many hacks, which we did last year.

Yes because thats the key problem there:rolleyes:

Every good side has a great 12/13 we have two rubbish ones...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But not the coaches fault except when it iso_O:rolleyes:

Really good game tonight. Rebels were very plucky and dominated solid stretches of that game but the Tahs' class and experience got them over the line. That was way too many cliches in one sentence but it's true, NSW's older heads and tried and true combinations got them over the line.

A lot of great signs for Melbourne though. Mitch Inman, Jack Debreczini, Lopeti Timani and Luke Jones were all very good. I like Timani very much. If he can show he can be a contributor in the lineout, I'd happily have him in the RWC squad.

Really good game tonight. Rebels were very plucky and dominated solid stretches of that game but the Tahs' class and experience got them over the line. That was way too many cliches in one sentence but it's true, NSW's older heads and tried and true combinations got them over the line.

A lot of great signs for Melbourne though. Mitch Inman, Jack Debreczini, Lopeti Timani and Luke Jones were all very good. I like Timani very much. If he can show he can be a contributor in the lineout, I'd happily have him in the RWC squad.

Really thought that the rebels were done by having little ball in the first half. In the end the tahs had a 60/40 share of the ball.
the tahs kicking game was far superior.
Tahs were the better teamfor most of the game and the rebels had the chance to steal it in the last 10 mins but couldn't get any ball after the missed penalty goal.

Still sort of new to rugby, played as a junior as a forward. Still not up with all the finer points of the game, but this year I have loved how competitive the Rebels are, we are no longer the easy beats.

Still sort of new to rugby, played as a junior as a forward. Still not up with all the finer points of the game, but this year I have loved how competitive the Rebels are, we are no longer the easy beats.

Just watch a few more games, the rules will come. The one good thing is the commentators do explain the penalties which is a good thing. Rebels will win a few games, they will be better next season.

Just watch a few more games, the rules will come. The one good thing is the commentators do explain the penalties which is a good thing. Rebels will win a few games, they will be better next season.
Yeah they are very good at times I get frustrated as with a call because I don't fully understand the rule but they do a great job of explaining it. Thinking of getting a rebels membership this year.

Yeah they are very good at times I get frustrated as with a call because I don't fully understand the rule but they do a great job of explaining it. Thinking of getting a rebels membership this year.

Yes, getting a membership is, tehre are even 3 game memberships so start with that and then go from there. Even as a rugby fan I get frustrated, even I don't understand the scrum! It is an absolute lottery!

Yes, getting a membership is, tehre are even 3 game memberships so start with that and then go from there. Even as a rugby fan I get frustrated, even I don't understand the scrum! It is an absolute lottery!
Yeah it can be hard I never had a clue when I was in the scrum. Three games is enough for me at the minute. It is a great atmosphere at ammi park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it can be hard I never had a clue when I was in the scrum. Three games is enough for me at the minute. It is a great atmosphere at ammi park

Thats what I would do, get the 3 game package and see if you love it. Usually go for $50 give and take, although I haven't looked a memberships lately!

Richard Graham is completely inept. How that spud got the job is beyond me. ******* pathetic.

Just spent millions signing Hunt, Thomson, and O'Connor, plus it's the last year with Horwill and Genia - yet the Reds keep the ******* * coach and think it's a good investment? What a joke. It's like blowing all your money on expensive furniture but living in a tent instead of a house.

I'm raging so hard at the performance on Saturday. First and last time I'll be going to a Reds game this season I think.

Graham must go.

After all we went through here in WA with him at the helm, we were pretty surprised when the Reds picked him up.
Must be laughing now!

It's pretty obviously that Jim Carmichael just gave the job to his mate Graham, rather than look around for someone suitable. ******* joke.

Must be laughing now!
Well, some people are over here, that's true. I'm actually a bit worried, that in a world cup year, he's got a talented team performing so badly, it's no coincidence that Will Genia and James Horwill are not the players they once were. Horwill I'm not too worried about, but I certainly think a full-firing Genia is essential to the Wallabies. Richie Graham's effect is a worry for all of Australian rugby now, not just Queensland unfortunately. :(

Well, some people are over here, that's true. I'm actually a bit worried, that in a world cup year, he's got a talented team performing so badly, it's no coincidence that Will Genia and James Horwill are not the players they once were. Horwill I'm not too worried about, but I certainly think a full-firing Genia is essential to the Wallabies. Richie Graham's effect is a worry for all of Australian rugby now, not just Queensland unfortunately. :(
I completely agree and have had the same thoughts. I was positive that the Waratahs thrashing was the nail in Graham's coffin, but apparently not.

Like you said, he's starting the downfall of not just Queensland rugby, but Australian rugby.

I must say, when Graham got the job in QLD I was forced to think it was a mates looking after mates kind of deal. From what I saw, he hadn't done all that much at the Force to warrant taking over a recent championship side at the Reds. And what a disaster of a deal it's been so far.

The kind of political, mate's rates deal that rugby really needs to get over to progress as an elite sport here in this country.

At this rate, I'll be mighty surprised if he isn't turfed out by mid-season. In which case, I'd be promoting Nick Stiles to the head coaching position.

To be fair to Graham he has their best player injured (Cooper), their most prized recruit (Hunt) suspended, and he is using real B graders in those positions, then the captain (Horwill gets injured first game). Even the Tahs would struggle in these circumstances. Give him this season and see how he comes back after these two return.

The Reds should never have let go of Ben Lucas or they should have recruited a proper replacement. They've been found out not having a genuine back up 10.

And the blame for that has to be Graham's.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the sack if the Brumbies give them another thrashing this week. And that seems a pretty decent bet.

The way each side is playing, Brumbies should dismantle them but I wouldn't count out the Reds putting in an empassioned display a la their game against the Force. Even an average coach can get a team up for a big game after playing so badly the week before. What makes them good is if they can keep them consistently showing up week in, week out without the impetus of an awful loss the week before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back