Famous SUNS fans

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Besides everyone on here who have we got? I know mick fanning and cathy freeman like the suns. Are there any others?

TARGETMAN

Team Captain
Apr 18, 2014
sunny gold coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
sydney roosters.
020614 003.jpg

something special coming...............help needed v st kilda

Are you needing short people to hold the sign?

Will they be on fire?

TARGETMAN

Team Captain
Apr 18, 2014
sunny gold coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
sydney roosters.
round 1 St Kilda. we need as much red and yellow around the northern end, Lets make this area the noisiest area in afl. Lets get some simple chants going, and muffle the opposition out. the new target looks good and if anyone wants to a go during the game they can.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
round 1 St Kilda. we need as much red and yellow around the northern end, Lets make this area the noisiest area in afl. Lets get some simple chants going, and muffle the opposition out. the new target looks good and if anyone wants to a go during the game they can.

Haha we did that in 2013 vs Melbourne. Although it was a success, it was later frowned upon by certain members of the club

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Thank God Mick Fanning didn't get eaten by that Great White at J-Bay!!!! We would have been down one famous supporter.

Be good if our boys could show as much fight as Mick - punching that shark a couple of times may have just saved his life!

And the Shark's perspective...

CKUw52jWIAAU1Wb.jpg

Last edited:

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bernard Tomic in the rooms with the boys after the Carlton game last year. According to his scarf, he was a 2016 corporate member.

4jBbvxw.jpg

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To be fair, she may have just been saying that because she was talking to the local Gold Coast media. It's better for both of their careers if they are based in Sydney and obviously Jesinta will support whichever team Buddy is playing for. However, I do believe she was a Suns fan (along with her family) before she started dating Buddy so maybe one day there's a chance...

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
To be fair, she may have just been saying that because she was talking to the local Gold Coast media. It's better for both of their careers if they are based in Sydney and obviously Jesinta will support whichever team Buddy is playing for. However, I do believe she was a Suns fan (along with her family) before she started dating Buddy so maybe one day there's a chance...

I'm sure the Swans would love that - they can have him for the 6 'good' years of his 9 year contract and we can pay him $1m per year for the last 3 years when he running around on a zimmer framer to be eligible for his big pay cheque... we do have a history of paying +30 yo players $1m a year...

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm sure the Swans would love that - they can have him for the 6 'good' years of his 9 year contract and we can pay him $1m per year for the last 3 years when he running around on a zimmer framer to be eligible for his big pay cheque... we do have a history of paying +30 yo players $1m a year...
It won't happen after the Malceski debacle. However, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Mr and Mrs Franklin settle on the GC after their careers are over and Franklin Jr ends up going through the Suns' academy system...

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Courtney Hancock is one, as is Tom Tate. As is Anna Bligh

Ron Clarke was one when he was alive.

surely Amanda Abate and Sally Pearson are suns fans?! What about gc radio presenters like Spida?

Does Amy Shark and Malcolm Turnbull count? Both seen with suns gear on

Last edited:
Back