Opinion 2014-15 Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Condolences to kiwiroo. Your boys played a hell of a tournament and have big things to come imho

hey mate thanks for that.I couldn't sum it up any better than Brendon McCullum did post match. Aussie were just too good. especially their fast bowling.
and while we are disappointed in having our bad game of the tournament in the final, Im very proud of what they have achieved.
Especially when you put it in context of where we were 2 years ago. We were ranked 8th in both test and one day cricket. We were even ranked behind England In ODI cricket !
I think the final also pointed out we need a bit more Trans Tasman cricket. Regular stuff too. We'll improve heaps if we get to play you guys more often & on Aussie pitches.

Bring on the footy now !

KiwiRoo avatar bet for a week?

I bet Aussie will win.....

sorry Kangaroos, dropped my phone on Saturday (honest !) and now it looks like a car windscreen on a frosty morning ! So haven't logged on until I got to work this morning

to be fair you would have had to give me some pretty juicy odds for a bet !
Just because I talk funny (well according to you lot) doesn't mean I'm stupid !

Can't agree with this mate. The bloke is an absolute flog campaigner of the highest order who literally does nothing to back his chat up. At least with the likes of Johnson and Warner they talk s**t but they back it up with their performances at crucial times and they rarely completely crumble under pressure to the extent Watson does. I'll never forget the moment I realised i seriously hated him because it was just so ridiculously pathetic:

See everyone says he's mouthy yet I never see him mouth.

If you're talking after wicket celebrations, so what? every bowler does that.

He's quiet at the crease/slips unless someone has a go at him after which he will throw a few quiet words their way, he's not a loud mouth arrogant bastard like Johnson or Warner so I'm unsure why everyone always says he's mouthy.

That was a rather enjoyable night.

I don't mind the kiwis but the fact their high scorer was a safa (England likes this) didn't exactly endear him/them to me.

If I have another non-Aussie mention how boring it was etc I'll spew. We were the best team over the tournament, not helped by a farcical draw that could've impaired us had someone like England played out of their skins.

5th cup for country, 5th cup for club. That's how I'd like to remember 2015.

That was a rather enjoyable night.

I don't mind the kiwis but the fact their high scorer was a safa (England likes this) didn't exactly endear him/them to me.

If I have another non-Aussie mention how boring it was etc I'll spew. We were the best team over the tournament, not helped by a farcical draw that could've impaired us had someone like England played out of their skins.

5th cup for country, 5th cup for club. That's how I'd like to remember 2015.

Get used to it. Thousands of South Africans have emigrated to NZ in the last 10-15 years. Some of them will be good at cricket and represent NZ, and good luck to them. They've chosen to make NZ their home and have every right to play for their new country

Not like the Aussies haven't had players born outside Australia represent them. Does Kepler Wessels or Clarrie Grimmet ring any bells ?

Get used to it. Thousands of South Africans have emigrated to NZ in the last 10-15 years. Some of them will be good at cricket and represent NZ, and good luck to them. They've chosen to make NZ their home and have every right to play for their new country

Not like the Aussies haven't had players born outside Australia represent them. Does Kepler Wessels or Clarrie Grimmet ring any bells ?

I'm used to it mate. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Kepler did it when there was no alternative and high-tailed it straight home when he could.

Don't want to turn this into a bigger topic as I respected the way you guys played and conducted yourselves in defect and went in genuinely fearful last night.

Starc favoured to come back and deliver his brand of promising non-wicket taking.

McGrath defends Smith's impish 4 over concession at the MCG.

The NSW human centipede is alive and well.

Dude, I agree that Smith not trying to kill the Indian tail was poor.

And the NSW human centipede is a true and observed phenomena.

But your first line suggests you don't know dick. Or maybe that you do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one I dont get is Ronchi. I dont think you should be allowed to play for 2 countries

Q's-

1. Starc's ball the 'ball of the decade'?

2. Warnie asking about them getting pissed post game....storm in tea cup or serious reflection of our misunderstandings of the mess that alcohol makes?

Don't what 1 was having only seen the game live at this stage. The McCullum dismissal?

Re (2) - storm in beer stein. Cue feigned media outrage roundtable before throwing to alcohol product advertisement.

Yep McCullum ball...crucial wicket, sucked him in with first lot of balls then BANG!...the lounge room erupts aka...

R242014PetrieCelebration.gif

The one I dont get is Ronchi. I dont think you should be allowed to play for 2 countries

I'm used to it mate. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Kepler did it when there was no alternative and high-tailed it straight home when he could.

Don't want to turn this into a bigger topic as I respected the way you guys played and conducted yourselves in defect and went in genuinely fearful last night.

Mate the worlds changed. Elliot has lived in NZ for a long time and its not like he moved because he couldn't break into the South African side. He moved here with other members of his family for a new life . Why shouldn't he be able to play ?
I don't have a problem with that whatsoever.

I do agree that Ronchi playing for both countries is wrong though even though its a long time between games. That doesn't smell so good. Even if he was born here

Q's-

1. Starc's ball the 'ball of the decade'?

2. Warnie asking about them getting pissed post game....storm in tea cup or serious reflection of our misunderstandings of the mess that alcohol makes?
1. Right up there so far.
2. Says more about the bogan Warnie is than much else. The politically correct police will take the worst case but it's Warnie.

I can hear the culture cringe brigade just warming up.

We fielded a team of players representing the country of their birth who simply played the game hard - and very well when it mattered.

Meanwhile I see other countries import players to the point they have almost nothing homegrown, have performance enhancing controversies, racially abuse opponents without repercussion (hi Harbajan), sledge then cry to grandmummy when things go bad (hi England), fake foot injuries to force draws (hi 's**t bloke' Broad), rig games etc.

So no filtered glasses on here. We've done nothing wrong. World Champions 2015, I like it. A lot.

I can hear the culture cringe brigade just warming up.

We fielded a team of players representing the country of their birth who simply played the game hard - and very well when it mattered.

Meanwhile I see other countries import players to the point they have almost nothing homegrown, have performance enhancing controversies, racially abuse opponents without repercussion (hi Harbajan), sledge then cry to grandmummy when things go bad (hi England), fake foot injuries to force draws (hi 's**t bloke' Broad), rig games etc.

So no filtered glasses on here. We've done nothing wrong. World Champions 2015, I like it. A lot.
But we're arrogant Australians with big mouths, tub guts and no class. Led by a petulant man child who announced his retirement to steal the glory and attention. BOO! [/sarcasm]

Has society really become that politically correct that Warne deserves all the backlash he's getting about his drinking references? FFS.
They're cricketers, not f***ing rocket scientists. Drink til you piss your pants, boys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back