Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Beds Are Burning, voted the #3 Australian song of all time by the APRA, is incredibly boring and overrated. I don't mind the Oils as a rule, but detest this song.

I don't mind it, but it's not even close to my top twenty Oils songs.

I suspect part of the reason is because it gets played all the time.

No idea if this is unpopular or not, but after checking out some Coachella performances over the weekend I've come to the conclusion that Alt-j are up there as one of the most boring, insipid and uninspiring bands I've ever heard.

Last edited:
No idea if this is unpopular or not, but after checking out some Coachella performances over the weekend I've come to the conclusion that Alt-j are up there are as one of the most boring, insipid and uninspiring band I've ever heard.

Who?

They are kind of a nothing band. You know, "UK indie pop" stuff.

With that inspiring description its no wonder I hadn't heard of them.

I hope not to hear them in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea if this is unpopular or not, but after checking out some Coachella performances over the weekend I've come to the conclusion that Alt-j are up there as one of the most boring, insipid and uninspiring bands I've ever heard.
Their live show has been questioned over the last year or so

Maybe unpopular, maybe not, but I think Era Vulgaris is the best QOTSA album

As a big QOTSA fan, I wouldn't say it's their best, but it's underrated.

I'll be controversial and say that 'Songs for the Deaf' is QOTSA's worst album (even then, it's still pretty great). Just doesn't have the same replay value for me as their other LPs do.

Apart from the odd song if it was on a radio or something I've never really bothered to listen to the White Stripes. I just assume they are like the Black Keys.

Well they both have An awesome guitarist and a s**t drummer

The bloke from the black keys must go through a kit a week. He smashes the **** out of those things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back