Competition Logo 'Europeanisation' Competition | #13 - North Melbourne Kangaroos

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Welcome to 'Logo Europeanisation Competition' #13

This week's club is the North Melbourne Kangaroos. Entry will be closed on the 8th of May and a poll will be created running for 4 days to decide the winner.

The idea is to recreate a club's logo in the style of a European football club. Starting with the AFL, we will cycle through each of the 18 clubs, chosen by the previous round's winner.

Terms
- Try to stick to original art only - no recolours (current real life logos can be used as inspiration and elements from logos can be taken in moderation)
- No limit to the number of entries one person may enter provided they vary enough
- Stick the aesthetic of European football logos (see below), straying too far may see your entry disqualified

Some examples of the European style can be seen here:
http://www.sportslogos.net/leagues/list_by_category/31/European_Football/logos/
http://www.footballasfootball.com/
(THESE CRITERIA AREN'T REQUIRED BUT COULD BE USED AS HELPFUL GUIDELINES) Logos of this style are typically based on a flat shield or roundel, and can often feature stars on top of the logo representing championships. Monograms also often find their way onto European emblems.

Previous Winners

Last edited:

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
LlyC4uh.png

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
The "North Melbourne" part needs to match the curve of the circle, otherwise it doesn't look quite right. I'd also fix up the top of the "N" in"Kangaroos" as its only indented because the original logo cuts into said word

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
The "North Melbourne" part needs to match the curve of the circle, otherwise it doesn't look quite right. I'd also fix up the top of the "N" in"Kangaroos" as its only indented because the original logo cuts into said word
And the stripes need to continue under the grey ring in the logo.

And the stripes need to continue under the grey ring in the logo.
Will fix it next time i am on my computer :)

Back