Toast Amon and DBJ extend contracts

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrific.

Amon was the hype of the pre-season and I'm glad we've tied him up.

Also I think Byrne-Jones has a lot of Pittard about him. I was impressed with his performance in a trial game a few weeks ago, hopefully he can continue that good form tonight against South.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/contracted-players.627140/

Thanks to Forzaport for continuing to update the list.

2 Kane Mitchell
5 Matthew Broadbent
11 John Butcher
17 Tom Clurey
18 Kane Cornes
22 Mason Shaw
24 Jarman Impey
26 Andrew Moore

28 Jay Schulz
31 Mitch Harvey
34 Jarrad Redden
41 Brendon Ah Chee
43 Johann Wagner (the recruit rookie)
44 Tom Logan (rookie)
46 Sam Gray (rookie)
47 Sam Russell (rookie)
48 Nathan Krakouer (rookie)

want the bolds done ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh..... if they've got the talent and want to stay then we may as well sign them up before they start getting offers from other clubs.

Yeah, from what I've seen of DBJ his endeavour can be hit and miss and on exposed form he's looking like a dime-a-dozen flanker.

He will improve given it's his second year, I just don't think it would've hurt to go carrot-stick with him.

Yeah, from what I've seen of DBJ his endeavour can be hit and miss and on exposed form he's looking like a dime-a-dozen flanker.

He will improve given it's his second year, I just don't think it would've hurt to go carrot-stick with him.
I somewhat agree with this.

Has a long way to go still and hope he can greatly improve his game given there's definitely something about his young form that suggests so.

Amon signing is great though. Can't wait for his debut.

These were my original thoughts as well, however, sometimes backing in a kid drafted at 50 odd and saying "we believe in you" can be equally beneficial.

I just found this a little odd due to the fact it's going to be quite competitive for list spots this year.

not bad, amon is developing nicely and dbj is potentially that lockdown small defender, as impey can move up the ground, or even a tagging role once kane retires type. i think stability for these younger blokes, knowing they are wanted and belong can only help their develoment.

now the big one is wines, i know its not this year but it would be nice to lock him away, keep the temptation from big vic clubs willing to spend big on dangerfield but will probably miss out away. lock him up with a 5 year extension please, do it before some club offers him 1.4 million a year.... bloody hell he would be worth every cent. outside of crow 32, port 16 is the next huge target for these big vic clubs with $$$$$ to spend, carlton, collingwood, geezus even richmond might want to break the bank for him, lets put that away now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep very happy. Amon has a lot of talent and if he can bring it out regularly over the enxt few years, he could be another Gray/Westhoff steal.

Happy for the young blokes, but I almost see this as a sign that neither of them will play much football this year, yet Ken still sees them as contributing players for the team in the long run. Would love to see Amon get a few games this year and bring some flair to the side and I also think that both of the guys will benefit from having that contract pressure taken off of them for a while, knowing that their immediate and near future is here at Port Adelaide.

Congrats to the boys!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back