Subi Lions Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the info LJ. Whats the odds on George Hampson winning a Sandover? His stats are amazing. Wasnt he playing a wing/HBF role last year?

He played mostly midfield last year as well, was averaging a little over 26 touches per game and came first in the best and fairest. Was one of the few shining lights we had last year.

As for the Sandover he'd be top three at least at the moment, perhaps even leading. Last game against East Perth he had 24 disposals and kicked five goals from the midfield. That certainly would have made some of the hierarchy at West Coast take notice considering it was against a fair few of their players thanks to the alignment that is now in place. If he keeps going the way he has so far this season he might be a smoky to be a mature-age recruit in the coming AFL drafts.

Last edited:
He played mostly midfield last year as well, was averaging a little over 26 touches per game and came third in the best and fairest. Was one of the few shining lights we had last year.

As for the Sandover he'd be top three at least at the moment, perhaps even leading. Last game against East Perth he had 24 disposals and kicked five goals from the midfield. That certainly would have made some of the hierarchy at West Coast take notice considering it was against a fair few of their players thanks to the alignment that is now in place. If he keeps going the way he has so far this season he might be a smoky to be a mature-age recruit in the coming AFL drafts.

Bemused as to why this young man has not been given an opportunity. Actually came 3rd in 2012 along with the rising star and won Subiaco's league b&f (outridge medal) last year. Was really the only shining light in what was a bleak year for the club.

Subiaco great and former south melbourne footballer Austin Robertson has weighed in on the debate in a recent article posted on the Subiaco website.

Bemused as to why this young man has not been given an opportunity. Actually came 3rd in 2012 along with the rising star and won Subiaco's league b&f (outridge medal) last year. Was really the only shining light in what was a bleak year for the club.

Subiaco great and former south melbourne footballer Austin Robertson has weighed in on the debate in a recent article posted on the Subiaco website.
Agreed, I tagged the article on the WC boards and no-one responded to my questions about whether or not he should be drafted (shakes fist). I would consider having a look at him for the RD. All of Subi's teams are doing really well this year, are there any Colts prospects for the draft this year?

Hey all

Sorry for invading just inquiring about the progress of the Esperance boys at Subiaco in 2014 eg: Kerr, Wheeler and Davey. Unfortunately not living in WA anymore I don't get a lot of info about the WAFL here. I noticed that Wheeler played a reserves game a few rounds back, was he dropped?

I hear there was also a debutant a couple of weeks back who came from Esperance?

RIP Reg Hampson, a genuine great of the footy club debuted in 1959, fabulous footballer thru the 60s father of Damian.

Not always highly disciplined off field, I think he was once selected in the State side despite playing in the seconds for having a drink or two, probably at the Wembley.

Loved a swim at Scarboro, a regular. Great bloke.

Last edited:
RIP Reg Hampson, a genuine great of the footy club debuted in 1959, fabulous footballer thru the 60s father of Damian.

Not always highly disciplined off field, I think he was once selected in the State side despite playing in the seconds for having a drink or two, probably at the Wembley.

Loved a swim at Scarboro, a regular. Grat bloke.
Is George Hampson related to Reg at all?

Yeh Subi :) congrats to all involved. Unfortunate that the 2's couldn't get the job done but the seniors final was the one they wanted I presume.

Congrats to my own former junior premiership team mate Clancy Wheeler. Got that well deserved premiership medal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Subi.

Rumble is almost as big a big legend in my eyes as Shane Parker.

Not too sure how much longer you will have the Deluca boys, nails are softer !!!.

Hard to believe but Rumble has seven premierships in his WAFL career. He has five WAFL League premierships (only Subiaco player to have done so), two Reserves premierships and has also played in two losing League GF's.

He's had quite a remarkable career. A lot of players are desperate to play in one flag, let alone seven.

Hey guys, whats the go with George Hampson playing for East Freo this year? I read an article saying that he "had to get away from the coach". I had no idea until today that he'd moved!

This came from Ljp86 in the 2015 WAFL Player Movements thread http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2015-player-movements.1081679/page-2

George Hampson has quit Subiaco, citing an increasing rift between he and the club's football department, including coach Jarrad Schofield. East Fremantle are leading the race to sign Hampson with West Perth and South Fremantle also in the mix.

Couple of people with associations at Subi mentioned that he wasn't willing to pull his weight at a pre season camp which was effectively the straw that broke the camel's back. Made him unpopular amongst his team mates who already had indifferences with him.

Got what he would of wanted out of Subi with a flag than decided enough is enough maybe.

This came from Ljp86 in the 2015 WAFL Player Movements thread http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2015-player-movements.1081679/page-2

Couple of people with associations at Subi mentioned that he wasn't willing to pull his weight at a pre season camp which was effectively the straw that broke the camel's back. Made him unpopular amongst his team mates who already had indifferences with him.

Got what he would of wanted out of Subi with a flag than decided enough is enough maybe.
Just read the thread, thanks mate. Disappointing from Hampson. Seems Subi hasnt really missed a beat after dismantling Souths on the weekend. Although we did have that heavy loss to the Royals so maybe it won't be all smooth sailing this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back