Unpopular opinions on motorsport

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I never disliked him immensely like many her anyway... simply that he did not drive for the team I support.

True, you mainly used the discussions to push your anti senna agenda. That agenda was only because Prost went to Ferrari and got his arsed wipped with some carma thrown in.

Folgore7

Debutant
Mar 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
AC Milan
True, you mainly used the discussions to push your anti senna agenda. That agenda was only because Prost went to Ferrari and got his arsed wipped with some carma thrown in.

Not true old friend.... I disliked senna because he drove for Honda.
And the cry industry that never ends over him..... would there be one if he had been German, Italian or French? ... I wonder.

Wall - Karma indeed.

Last edited:

Simple Jack

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Webber, Ricciardo, NE Patriots
All of you who complain about the lack of noise of an F1 car, should be slapped, and should be denied from watching or being in the presence of an F1 race.

The volume of the noise is fine.
I thought this until I went to the GP this year (didn't go last year). The live experience of seeing an F1 car has been killed. Couple that with the fact they're noticeably slower in the corners (which was their most impressive aspect previously imo) means there's no real enticement factor to go for me. I took my GF who was keen to go for the first time and I was so disappointed about what she got to see (she enjoyed it though).

The most impressive part of the GP for me was the new medical car. That thing ******* flies :eek:

Simple Jack

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
So Simple Jack doesn't like the current F1 cars, but his GF did? Well, I reckon we should turf Simple Jack for Simple Jackie.

What does he rest of the Motor Board think?
I didn't say I don't like the current cars. I actually reckon the technology is excellent and is more what F1 should be than primitive NA internal combustion engines only, I just wouldn't cross the street to see them live anymore where previously it was a great experience.

She only liked it because she had nothing to compare it to.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Im a bit meh. I have always been a fan of the big, loud different engine notes of the late 80s to early 90s. I love the technology these days but the sound of the cars are underwhelming.

Simple Jack

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
And that's exactly why, no matter how much "the fans" complain, F1 will never die!
Don't know about that. Bernie is doing his best. Putting it behind paywalls everywhere and having pretty much no internet presence isn't exactly conducive to enticing younger viewers. The current Rolex wearers are going to die off and the future Rolex wearers will have had no interest from a young age.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I can't resist no more!

How overrated is foxtel anyway???

******* ****heap!

For a couple of years now. The race threads would have a consistent presence of certain posters dumping a lot of poo about how bad 10 is and how great it was going to be on foxtel. It'd actually annoy because I couldn't care less and don't want to know, and knew foxtel wasn't worth it anyway.

I don't have foxtel, but I have easy access to it, and China was the first opportunity I had to experience it's "benefits". What a pile of **** it was, and people are justified in being annoyed that's it's not on fta.

I get to my aunt's house about an hour before the race to see what's going on. I was so underwhelmed that I just flicked over to the footy anyway!

Then I turn back 0-15 mins beforehand to watch Brundle's famous gridwalk ("How good would it be to have that???? **** C10"). That was a steaming pile of **** too. Brundle gallivanting like a douche. Talking **** to Edwin Moses who had no idea what was going on. Talking to Mr Douchebag Horner himself. Wow! $60 for that? How good is it???

In fact. For all the **** Bernie gets, he was right when being interviewed on that gridwalk. Brundle does talk a lot of ****.

Then the race starts. Not long after the start, I press red for the features. The track mapping was ****house. The live timing is overrated. There was another camera that I forgot about because it's irrelevant. I did spend a good portion of time on the in car camera. That was ok.

The problem was. If you're using them. How do you follow the race? You lose track of it. It's like you're watching another program. Even though it's the race. You can't follow it like you would during the normal broadcast.

As for those complain about commercials (Never mind that's it's been like that for 35 years) Ok, it's ad free. But guess what? Even without commercials, I ended up flicking over to see what was happening in the footy anyway!

Then there's the post race coverage. What a pile of garbage that was. Johnny Herbert using 3D to tell me about Hamilton's positing at the start. Whoopee-do! There's no point to the post race coverage. Do you know what's it's like? It's like when a party has died down, and there's half/dozen of you chatting for a couple of hours. They're normally good chats. But then after that, when there's 3 of you left, saying the same stuff you've said before. You're all tired and really struggling. That's what the post race coverage is.

I'm not paying $60 a month for dumbarse, knobhead Crofty to be the commentator.

$60 a month at a 50/50 chance of avoiding an std with street hooker is better value.

If you're that committed to watch all that ****. You should actually make the effort to get a job within the motorsport industry. You'll find ****loads of gossips which not even the foxtel broadcast will provide.

Foxtel? LOL!

Ted's notebook! Oh man! Ted's notebook! I can't wait to get foxtel!

Like I said. If you're committed enough to watch all that ****. You should get a job in motorsport.
Don't like Foxtel. Cool. Got it. Understood. Move on.

Back