bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
The tipping comp has proven that we have some knowledgeable mma fans on board. So hopefully we can bounce ideas off each other and make a few dollars :)

Personally think there is money to be made in the UFC for sports fans.

would like to know if any odds stand out for you

YES

2972699-0407562214-you12.jpg

UFC 168

Dollaway v Bisping - Dollaway for the win @2.34
and
Mighty Mouse & Kaufman to win @1.59

*sportsbet odds*

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lol - I just spotted this thread now. I put a multi on last sunday for CB & Mighty Mouse.

I figure Bisping's not gonna do to CB what Machida did, and CB is generally very Durable, with a vastly improved stand up game (despite his brief showing against Machida.... sshhhh). All he needs is 1 takedown per round to shut Bisping down with his wrestling.

Good idea for a thread.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
I tend not to bet too often as I have a habit of getting greedy. Why settle for a three way parlay that will pay 10-1 odds when I can add two more fighters and make it 35-1?! :p

I think Dolloway is a live underdog this weekend but would still favour Bisping. Bisping's had one fight since badly messing up his eye and looked bad, though that was against Rockhold though which is appearing more forgivable by the day. CB's looked good of late outside of the Machida fight but I don't think his striking is on the level of Bisping and although his wrestling is good, the count has always had good defensive wrestling and footwork to keep guys off of him.

Haven't seen the odds for this weekend's card, but would include Cote, Johnson and Almeida in any parlays.

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Didn't see this before today's card. GT and me could have put on 11 fight multis and got them. Of course, I didn't bet at all. :(

I tend not to bet too often as I have a habit of getting greedy. Why settle for a three way parlay that will pay 10-1 odds when I can add two more fighters and make it 35-1?! :p
Put any bets on for 186? Being greedy would have worked out well for you this time.

I've only bet on MMA once and I too was guilty of being greedy. Put some money on Bader to beat Davis, but not on it's own, in a multi and one of the other fights didn't work out.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
F.Werdum is $4.20 v Cain....Now that is something to get on.

Werdum has looked like a killer since coming back to the UFC, but I honestly think Cain is the baddest man on the planet and will work him over. I think there will be large patches where Cain holds him up against the fence and beats on him (ala the 2nd and 4rd Dos Santos fights). I'm really looking forward to seeing how the exchanges on the feet go and to see if Cain dares take him down should Werdum start to take control of the stand up. My head says Cain takes it, but at $4.20 Werdum is ridiculous value. :thumbsu:

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
You'd have to favour Cain to win. I think Werdum is worth a bet at those odds with the injuries and layoff that Cain's had though. If he hadn't been injured and wasn't fighting for the first time in over 1 1/2 years I wouldn't give Werdum much chance.

Does everyone else hate the way Americans do the odds, with odds being stuff like +150 and -200? The fractional UK method isn't as bad but it's still a bit annoying. The decimal method makes so much more sense and is easier to work with.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
That is VERY good value for Werdum. I might have to jump on it shortly.

It was only a small bet - but I chucked a few coins on DJ to win by TKO or Sub (No decision). This made the fight actually entertaining to watch.. Literally right up until the last second.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Mark hunt out to $2.56 and Whitaker is $2.24...Surely 1 home fighter will win.

Also $2.50 to go 1.5 rounds or more

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
I wouldn't bet on either of them. Tavares I see as a similar type of fighter to Whitaker but bigger, stronger and probably quicker, while Miocic will have a big speed and wrestling edge on Hunt. If I had to lean towards one of them, I'd probably say Hunt has a better chance becauase of his one shot power.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I wouldn't bet on either of them. Tavares I see as a similar type of fighter to Whitaker but bigger, stronger and probably quicker, while Miocic will have a big speed and wrestling edge on Hunt. If I had to lean towards one of them, I'd probably say Hunt has a better chance becauase of his one shot power.

Think the round betting is cash money though

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Think the round betting is cash money though

Is that just for the main event? That's still an iffy call for mine. I see Miocic using his speed and reach to keep Hunt at bay and will either stop him late or win a decision, but I remember Struve TKOing him, so could see Hunt landing a bomb early and finishing it quick.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Indeed, very lucky as it were, GT. I'm just lucky I wasn't aware of it until well after the event had wrapped up and I read about the dubious judges decision. As for the luck - I was due, so i'll take the good with the bad. Bought the PS4. Went to watch something on it, discovered you can't watch stuff on PS4's, so I plugged the PS3 back in. YLOD. :(

In simple terms - my luck ran out and the PS3 fried after being on for 10 mins. :cry:

Last edited:

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Vitor out to $4.45

DC & Rumble @ $1.90 each head to head

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Rothwell out to $2.71 and Hendo out to $2.86

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Rothwell and Hendo are value at those odds as both guys have the type of power to end fights with one strike, but I wouldn't bet on either. Things really seem to be coming together for Mitrione since moving to the Blackzillians and I think he'll have too much speed for Rothwell in their fight. Speed will be the biggest advantage for Boetsch too against Hendo I think. He's surprisingly quick of hand and foot for a stocky guy and I think he picks at Hendo from the outside with kicks and takes a decision.

I pointed out in the main thread that I like Medeiros to pull (what I assume is) the upset against Porier. I might have a bit on him if the odds are suitably big.

Back