Jesse hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll probably regret this call when he's dominating the competition (hawks included) in a few years time, but I would love for this guy to lead the Dees to their next premiership. Yes it's very early to be making these calls, but isn't that part of what footy is about? Celebrating the good times when you are on top, and looking forward to those times when you're rebuilding.

Demon fans have every right to go totally coco ####ing bananas over this kid after a performance like that tonight.

4th bloody game !!!! Name one 6'4 plus CHF or FF ever (since Coleman) who has shown that by his 4th game....in the wet..on a quality opponent.

He just looks like one of the rare recruits who are very comfortable mixing in with League players.

Brayshaw looks the goods as well....very good signs from him as well tonight.

And lets put a capital H on his name....#### thats annoying.

Unbelievable that GC didn't use there mini draft pick on him considering how good he was at the time and there need for a tall. Quality tall>>> quality mid
We were always going to take Jack Martin but I agree with you. At the time I was hoping against hope we'd somehow snag Hogan. Tom Lynch and Jesse Hogan in the same forward line, two contested marking beasts - ohh what could have been. Damn you Scott Clayton!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4th bloody game !!!! Name one 6'4 plus CHF or FF ever (since Coleman) who has shown that by his 4th game....in the wet..on a quality opponent.
I'm not sure if it was wet, but Franklin's 2nd game delivered 3.2 and a Brownlow vote when he was 18

When Franklin was Hogan's age he kicked 73.62 for the year. I still find that staggering.

Unbelievable that GC didn't use there mini draft pick on him considering how good he was at the time and there need for a tall. Quality tall>>> quality mid
Settle down champ. You are already deciding Hogan will have a greater impact at Melbourne then Martin will at GC. Plenty of young players have impressed early and have had the media shouting nonsense like that.
How did Rich slip to 7? How did Palmer slide to 7? How did Gold Coast not pick up Heppell.
You are the probably the same type of person that would critisise Hawthorn for picking Mitch Thorpe over Selwood.

I'm not sure if it was wet, but Franklin's 2nd game delivered 3.2 and a Brownlow vote when he was 18

When Franklin was Hogan's age he kicked 73.62 for the year. I still find that staggering.

Franklin is quite literally a once-in-a-generation player :cry:. Hopefully Hogan can be something similar for the Dees, they deserve some time in the sun.

Hogan missed an entire year so a fair comparison would be Hogan's performance next year.

The chance of kicking 73.62 in his second proper year is unlikely though.

With runs on the board:

Omeara
Crouch
Martin
Hogan

At the end of their careers :
Hogan
Martin
Omeara
Crouch
It will chop and change yearly if not weekly. All are amazing.

Only Boyd and Whitfield would've stopped them being top 2 picks. And good ones too!

Sorry Gold Coast I like you're team. But you already had Lynch, Bennell, Swallow, Prestia. You should've maybe had 1 of these guys. Another couple of decent second rounders instead. No team needs a heap of superstars.

Glad Adelaide and us got one. Lucky the Dogs and Port picked others stars. Brisbane are probably stiff and the Saints really should have one as well. Although Billings and McCartin seem very good so I hope that makes up for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back