FTA-TV Top Gear UK Series

Remove this Banner Ad

I have watched James May's cooking vids, Hammond's sheep farming vid and Clarkson's community auction vid.

Also those doorstep interviews with James May are very interesting. He says "leave them wanting more" which is a great point to make. The excitement and speculation for what happens next couldn't be bigger.

I dare say there could be negotiations to do with the Top Gear brand and license leaving the BBC but even if that doesn't happen it doesn't mean we won't see another motoring show with the 3 good old boys.

If i didn't already have a dad i'd wish Captain Slow was my dad lol

My dad almost is James May. Not even kidding. Born in England, both intelligent and interested in nerdy stuff, around the same age so use a lot of the same colloquialisms. Both very handy and have heaps of old tools laying around the house.

It's uncanny. All the time James will say or do something and I'll think "just like dad".

If i didn't already have a dad i'd wish Captain Slow was my dad lol
I was about to say, he'd have to be patient with the reporters because it's not like he can out race them if he gets in a car.

They need a big name.

220px-David_Coulthard_2009.jpg

British, bit of a utensil, not totally lacking in personality, can drive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh man, if that eventuates I'll be over the moon. Top Gear (under a different name) + Netflix = gold. Creative freedom and a huge budget. * yes!

In saying that, I'll believe it when I see it. The only source covering this Netflix deal is The Mirror, which is a ******* tabloid gossip column whose entire existence revolves around creating fake stories in hopes that they'll turn out true. So I don't believe it for a second.

But I'd LOVE for it to happen.

so after playing the im not interested card chris evans has become the new host of the show.

may and hammond also confirmed that they aren't returning.

I'll give the series one season before it's shelved. No chance in hell they are gonna survive.

Monday June 29 [Aus time] is when the final "real" Top Gear airs

BBC Knowledge will air the two never-before-seen films that were shot for series 22 in Australia at the same time as the UK. The extended 75 minute episode, which also features studio links from Richard and James, will premiere on Monday 29th June (time tbc) with an encore broadcast at 7.30pm (AEST).

This follows the news that Chris Evans, one of Britain’s most high-profile and successful presenters, will lead the all new Top Gear line up for Series 23.

In the first film, Jeremy, Richard and James immerse themselves in the lifestyle of the traditional classic car enthusiast. Armed with affordable classics including a Fiat 124 Spyder, a Peugeot 304 Cabriolet and an MGB GT, the trio set off on an adventure that includes brown beer, breakdowns and a hair raising classic car show.

In the second film, Clarkson, Hammond and May try to become lifestyle leisure enthusiasts with the help of some incredibly cheap lifestyle leisure vehicles. Restricted to a maximum budget of £250, the trio buy three massive mileage SUVs and then embark on a series of action packed challenges that include battling with the Stig’s “Leisure Activity Cousin” and a race with terrifying consequences for the loser.

If they do go to Netflix it would be interesting if they post the series at the same time as the next top gears first episode. I actually think the guys going to Netflix will help the BBC slightly in that if all eps are posted at once people will probably smash through them and have time to watch Top Gear. If a network gets them and puts it against Top Gear they probably would end it pretty quick.

If they do go to Netflix it would be interesting if they post the series at the same time as the next top gears first episode. I actually think the guys going to Netflix will help the BBC slightly in that if all eps are posted at once people will probably smash through them and have time to watch Top Gear. If a network gets them and puts it against Top Gear they probably would end it pretty quick.
If the guys had a say I doubt they'd want to actually destroy Top Gear like that. They've got too much respect for the brand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back