VSFL-Victorian Social Football League (formerly Rusty & Unfit Football League) - Players Wanted Now

Hi all

Posting this on behalf of the administration of the VSFL

The Victorian Social Football League (VSFL inc.), previously known as the Rusty and Unfit Football League (RUFL) is a Casual Aussie Rules Football League that gives everyone a go. With a game every three weeks and no training it gives those with families, Weekend Jobs, and the time poor the chance to continue or learn to play the game we love. We open our doors to players that are unfit, unskilled and those that have never played the game before, to be able to enjoy playing in a competitive environment without the worry of committing to two training sessions and a game every week.

We have a MeetUp site setup for any potential new players wanting to have a go - http://www.meetup.com/Victorian-Social-Football-League/

Personally, I have been a member of the Purple Knights since their inception in 2013. It is a great little league with a ethos on having fun and having a crack without having to worry about coming up against guys wanting to king hit that you sometimes encounter in the lower leagues. If you want to have a go, send me a PM, or goto the MeetUp site above.

More info on the league is available on their website - www.vsfl.org

Thanks
Mr_Smooth
Purple Knights Player
Unofficial VSFL Online Ambassador

Last edited:

Pawel

Senior List
Mar 25, 2013
NSW
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi all

Posting this on behalf of the administration of the VSFL

The Victorian Social Football League (VSFL inc.), previously known as the Rusty and Unfit Football League (RUFL) is a Casual Aussie Rules Football League that gives everyone a go. With a game every three weeks and no training it gives those with families, Weekend Jobs, and the time poor the chance to continue or learn to play the game we love. We open our doors to players that are unfit, unskilled and those that have never played the game before, to be able to enjoy playing in a competitive environment without the worry of committing to two training sessions and a game every week.

We have a MeetUp site setup for any potential new players wanting to have a go - http://www.meetup.com/Victorian-Social-Football-League/

Personally, I have been a member of the Purple Knights since their inception in 2013. It is a great little league with a ethos on having fun and having a crack without having to worry about coming up against guys wanting to king hit that you sometimes encounter in the lower leagues. If you want to have a go, send me a PM, or goto the MeetUp site above.

More info on the league is available on their website - www.vsfl.org

Thanks
Mr_Smooth
Purple Knights Player

Sounds just like me, unfit, unskilled and never played the game before. Unfortunately I live in rural NSW, my bloody luck. Would you know if there is anything like it in NSW?
Thank you.

Clubs are made up of mainly randoms. Given colours instead of suburb names. Games played in Lalor

Ok so it's in one cetralised place, i like that. Do you all play on the same day?

The way to get more people involved would be to add localities or at least general area names, i can see this league having a lot of teams in the next 5 years.

Ok so it's in one cetralised place, i like that. Do you all play on the same day?

The way to get more people involved would be to add localities or at least general area names, i can see this league having a lot of teams in the next 5 years.
Yep, all play on the same day. 3 games per round every 3rd weekend. There are 6 teams all up and I think they are looking to expand (or were at least)

Can't comment on the area names. May be right, not sure..

howdy all

round 1 was held on april 11. sadly only 3 or 4 people showed up for the new VSFL side and replacements were found from other teams. theres still time to register if you want a game of footy :)

below are some highlights from round 1

stay classy
Mr_Smooth
Purple Knights Player

Anymore updates on this Mr_Smooth

Scores, etc.
yep, last weekend rd 2 was played

Purple Knights def White Ice 65-34
Red Devils def Green Rangers (the new expansion team) 62-32
Don't have a final score from the Blue Evolution - Black Magic game, but Blue Evo were leading 37-33 at 3/4 time

Highlights videos should be up in the next week. Will post them again

Also, the Green Rangers (the new team) nearly had a full team this week. If you are looking for a game, it's not too late. Friendly atmosphere, family freindly, cheap food and drink available

Aug 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
yep, last weekend rd 2 was played

Purple Knights def White Ice 65-34
Red Devils def Green Rangers (the new expansion team) 62-32
Don't have a final score from the Blue Evolution - Black Magic game, but Blue Evo were leading 37-33 at 3/4 time

Highlights videos should be up in the next week. Will post them again

Also, the Green Rangers (the new team) nearly had a full team this week. If you are looking for a game, it's not too late. Friendly atmosphere, family freindly, cheap food and drink available
Is there any cost? What time are the games on? Do you have a run down on dates?

Is there any cost? What time are the games on? Do you have a run down on dates?
There are costs, can't speak for the other clubs, but at the Knights we pay $120 for the season. That covers expenses like ground hire, public liability, umpires etc. The schedule and times for games is at the VSFL website. http://www.vsfl.org/

tigerninja

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
White ice?? Is this the league where coaches give the players a crack pipe before the game?

round 2 highlights

blue def black
red def green
purple def white

still accepting new players via the link in the first post too, come and have a crack :thumbsu:

blue won from purple in the big dance. purple kicked the first 3 goals of the game, but blue settled and won by 5 goals

Nice.
What's on the horizon for the comp?
hopefully the league will have another team or two next year. will post something a little more concrete when more is known. but from what I've heard, its looking like an exciting period

Any news on whether the sides will take on location or not?

Maybe the Design board could help out with some awesome logos to spruce the website up.
no word on that, but I would doubt it

that sounds like a great idea

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2006
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The Mighty Mongooses
Hey guys. Is the VSFL starting up for 2016? And where are the matches played? All in Thomastown/Mill Park area?

Hey guys. Is the VSFL starting up for 2016? And where are the matches played? All in Thomastown/Mill Park area?
yep, will be in Lalor at WA Smith Reserve. Will update the thread if anything changes.

Back