News 2017 Adelaide Crows ISC apparel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys

The manager at Crowmania has asked me to gather feedback from BigFooty regarding next year's apparel range.

He's keen to greatly expand on the current range, so if you have suggestions on what they could improve on or bring in that'd be great.

UPDATE: The three jumpers have been confirmed for 2016. The White hoop design was classed as the main clash strip, while the yellow hoop jumper was adopted as the NAB Challenge guernsey and an alternate.

The home design, along with the two clash strips were seen on the desk of Crowmania with the corresponding shorts and socks as you can see below.

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 10.31.46 PM.png

The full hoops are finally confirmed, everything else is the same regarding the home jumper (Navy bib, yellow cuffs, hoop thickness, white toyota logo).

What is interesting is the yellow jumper listed 2nd, in front of the white jumper and also matched with navy shorts. AFL has a very strict policy on shorts, pretty much every away team is forced to wear white shorts or matching colour of the clash strip (Royal blue North, navy Cats).

I would have thought the yellow strip would be ideal against sides with significant white like Collingwood, St Kilda. But with Navy shorts it's hard to see when this kit will be worn at all. Sydney is the only club where it would be possible if the policy is adhered to properly.

I'm going to see If I can find out some answers on this mystery.

Last edited:
Regarding the guernsey's, the clash jumper will stick around for at least another year, while the home jumper will return to the glorious full hoop design of 1991-2005.

tumblr_inline_nfizzcNcMe1sfthjn.gif

i might be in the minority here, but i'd love to get hold of some crows lingerie for the wife (like something that is nice and lacy, but has the crows logo somewhere stiched in - the fun is trying to find it..)

corny idea, but i reckon it'd be surprisingly popular

Hi guys

The manager at Crowmania has asked me to gather feedback from BigFooty regarding next year's apparel range.

He's keen to greatly expand on the current range, so if you have suggestions on what they could improve on or bring in that'd be great.

Regarding the guernsey's, the clash jumper will stick around for at least another year, while the home jumper will return to the glorious full hoop design of 1991-2005.

T one honest I'm not fussed what the range is, the biggest issue is the exorbitant cost of every item.
I can purchase and import an NBA singlet or EPL top cheaper than I can buy an Adelaide Crows Guernsey. How is that possible?

Half the cost and sell three times as much. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at an item and decided not to purchase it based on the cost.

More clothing using the monogram instead of raptor head.
More clothing that isn't base blue. Use grey/black/white a bit more, with our colours more subtle.
The clash socks are worse than the guernsey
More "streetwear". Something to wear every day and not just game day.
More women's wear.

More clothing using the monogram instead of raptor head.
More clothing that isn't base blue. Use grey/black/white a bit more, with our colours more subtle.
The clash socks are worse than the guernsey
More "streetwear". Something to wear every day and not just game day.
More women's wear.

To add to this: the women's wear that actually incorporates female shape would be good! Basically v-neck or round neck lower options very preferable.

i might be in the minority here, but i'd love to get hold of some crows lingerie for the wife (like something that is nice and lacy, but has the crows logo somewhere stiched in - the fun is trying to find it..)

corny idea, but i reckon it'd be surprisingly popular

You know, it probably would be popular...

"let's role play... you pretend to be Rory..."

I can see cmndstab buying some

I think most would agree just generally more streetware rather than player issue type stuff.

The flatcars with more subtle logo (black on black) is clearly a popular choice that shows how this would be well received.

NBA seems to do this well.

Some examples of the this:

The player number one is game day enough without being a sponsor billboard and could be worn everyday also.

The others are just examples of how can do a club t-shirt that is much more subtle. Pretty much someone from another country who knew nothing about AFL probably wouldn't straight away link it to being a sporting apparel at all and even here people wouldn't notice that fact from a mile away

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 11.26.31 am.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 11.26.31 am.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 11.26.49 am.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 11.26.49 am.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 20

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went looking for a rugby top I bought (and lost) in 2010, but saw these.

299048_194241003989489_1480605849_n.jpg

Don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing this sort of thing. Danger's is too over the top, but the others are pretty subtle. (the back of Kurt's is too loud actually)

563429_337264966353758_1624951016_n.jpg

Couple of other subtle women's ones there.

chico.jpg
This is my dog, Chico. She is a shih-tzu.

Imagine instead of that rather fetching argyle sweater, that Chico is wearing a Crows guernsey. She automatically becomes the coolest dog at the dog-park, and a total bad-ass. That argyle sweater cost $20 and is of surprisingly good quality. Every Saturday morning I see lots of people on the beach walking their dogs, and wearing Crows jackets / hats. I'd be shocked if the club couldn't make a mint from pet guernseys.

Then, you could make a side industry for the smaller numbers for the pet guernseys. Or sponsor logos. Or pet names. "Chico" with a big 13 across the back, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

View attachment 131200
This is my dog, Chico. She is a shih-tzu.

Imagine instead of that rather fetching argyle sweater, that Chico is wearing a Crows guernsey. She automatically becomes the coolest dog at the dog-park, and a total bad-ass. That argyle sweater cost $20 and is of surprisingly good quality. Every Saturday morning I see lots of people on the beach walking their dogs, and wearing Crows jackets / hats. I'd be shocked if the club couldn't make a mint from pet guernseys.

Then, you could make a side industry for the smaller numbers for the pet guernseys. Or sponsor logos. Or pet names. "Chico" with a big 13 across the back, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
that dog looks like it wants blood, human blood

I went looking for a rugby top I bought (and lost) in 2010, but saw these.

299048_194241003989489_1480605849_n.jpg

Don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing this sort of thing. Danger's is too over the top, but the others are pretty subtle. (the back of Kurt's is too loud actually)

563429_337264966353758_1624951016_n.jpg

Couple of other subtle women's ones there.
I have the tippett one and seen it on a few others. Got good feedback on it at the time due to it being more subtle (even though the back isn't as much, its at least still not got a game day look to it)

microfibre stuff is great material IMO but for that style of shirt as a more dressed up polo then yeah it probably wouldn't be appropriate to get the desired look

Correct.

For a Saturday afternoon with a pair of jeans, microfibres material is fine but it's very challenge to look classy when you try and dress it up.

My thoughts are just based on what I would personally buy, I think previously people have agreed.

I don't personally see that the whole range of players gear needs to be sold, but if it sells thats fine, I don't care what it looks like on the average person as long as it looks good as team uniform.

However, if the entire range of players gear is available why then release a lot of Playcorp gear in a similar but tackier looking sports wear style, for about the same price, examples below. Most of this stuff could be sold with or without sponsors logos and all that goes with it, and I think the person who its aimed at wouldn't really care either way, so they might as well just buy the BLK stuff.

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 12.23.51 pm.png Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 12.24.00 pm.png Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 12.24.15 pm.png Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 12.24.40 pm.png Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 12.24.48 pm.png

I think colour is important, yes we have a bad colour combination to use on merchandise but it doesn't have to be as bad as it is. I won't personally buy anything using the 3 bright full strength colours. I would prefer things on either grey, or use a washed or faded look. Here are some quick ideas I came up with for a previous thread, but I think they demonstrate our colours used in a more wearable way, I think its a good example of using the higher quality base shirt rather than the cheapest navy or bright red.

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 12.30.54 pm.png

Basically, more casual street wear type stuff you can wear after work or on the weekend without looking like your going to a chant night haha.

This kind of stuff is about as close as its got this year, I'm thinking of buying the first as its rare we get anything without a hood these days.

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 12.33.53 pm.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back