• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Wizards, Man. United
I will accept a bit of the above but please don't make up stuff. Grundy and Warnock went head to head for almost three quarters. Gault didn't go into the middle much at all until late.
I'm referring more to the last quarter, where Grundy played more into the forward line and White/Gault took over in the ruck.

Adam H

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm referring more to the last quarter, where Grundy played more into the forward line and White/Gault took over in the ruck.

So Warnock having 12/2 in the first quarter doesn't count? So good we're Warnocks taps it was a disgrace his midfield didn't dominate.

Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Wizards, Man. United
So Warnock having 12/2 in the first quarter doesn't count? So good we're Warnocks taps it was a disgrace his midfield didn't dominate.
Of course it counts! But you'll notice that Warnock slowed down after the first quarter and Grundy only got better, and Warnock only had 7 more hitouts than Grundy with a much worse effort around the ground. Again I'd much rather Grundy's game than his.

Schraderbrau

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
So Grundy, a 21 year old, goes up against two mature aged AFL rucks and as gets as many disposals as them combined + more dream team points than them combined, + lays 9 tackles (versus Warnock & Wood's blob) and kicks a goal, yet apparently because he lost the hitouts convincingly he was dominated and well beaten ... lol.

How'd you think he went in the ruck? If Carltons midfield was any good they wouldn't have lost a clearance.
Did you watch? The Carlton ruckmen got the hitouts but they put it in bad areas.

Jan 29, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
How'd you think he went in the ruck? If Carltons midfield was any good they wouldn't have lost a clearance.

Was beaten but not disgraced by two experienced rucks which is to be expected, the Carlton rucks had little influence in their tapwork or around the ground.

Adam H

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Was beaten but not disgraced by two experienced rucks which is to be expected, the Carlton rucks had little influence in their tapwork or around the ground.

As I posted was well beaten in the ruck by a ruck man Longer had 51 hit outs against.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
So Grundy, a 21 year old, goes up against two mature aged AFL rucks and as gets as many disposals as them combined + more dream team points than them combined, + lays 9 tackles (versus Warnock & Wood's blob) and kicks a goal, yet apparently because he lost the hitouts convincingly he was dominated and well beaten ... lol.

Apparently there are some idiots who think getting a number in the hitout column is all it takes to "win the ruck" or be a good ruckman.

Grundy is becoming a quality "bash and crash" clearance ruckman in the Shane Mumford/Matthew Lobbe/Will Minson/Matthew Kreuzer mould. Personally, I find this type of ruckman to be the best and most effective, as they do the dirty, physical work and clear the way for the other mids to get the footy and use it in space.

Prestigerrycomo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
I guess the behavior of certain posters in these types of threads goes to indicate is that when you're bitter and twisted, facts don't matter

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
If we worried so much about hitouts, we could have just recruited Robbie Warnock.

The fact that some people still compare the majority of a ruckmans game is abit of a joke, surely Coxy did enough in his career to change that..

corbomite

Debutant
May 26, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Grundy's playing well now but let's wait and see how he goes against better ruckmen before completely taking the lid off.
kek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back