Sportsbet introduce cash out

caboose

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2007
At home
AFL Club
Essendon
What a weird post, who said anything about using Sportsbet purely for this purpose anyway?

Tell me more Mr. Betfair representative!

Umm, it's a thread specifically about *Sportsbet's cash out feature*. So, strangely enough, I made a post about *Sportsbet's cash out feature*. How you think that classifies as weird I honestly don't know.

(As it happens, by claiming that I asked why people would use Sportsbet "purely" for this purpose, you've also read something into my post that I never actually said at all.)

I'm reasonably confident that I haven't, but I'm genuinely keen to know if I've missed something about this feature. Because, otherwise, I would have thought it's reasonably obvious that, if you're interested in arbing, then just about every serious gambler is going to tell you Betfair is still a better option. In fact, if you're interested in getting the best odds full stop, you're rarely going to use Sportsbet. And, to take that further, if you do take them for the best odds consistently and/or have any serious betting ability, they'll more than likely suspend or limit you quick smart.

I'm therefore grateful for Lensen's posts, which have shed a bit more light on it for me. Following on from that and on reflection, I can also now see that potentially a multi on overlapping events might make Sportsbet a better option for something like this. But, even then, I don't really understand why making one phone call (that will probably make you a lot more money) is such a terrible thing to do. And Betfair doesn't offer pure multi betting any more ... but you can still get around that on non-overlapping events by rolling your winnings into the next leg(s) anyway.

All of that said, I can assure you I'm not a representative of Betfair. And it's sad that you'd straight-out accuse me of that without having had the courtesy to have checked out my history of posting on BF for many years to see I'm certainly not here to advertise their services.

Last edited:
Pfft. Why would anyone be using Sportsbet for this purpose instead of Betfair?

Come in guns ablazing like a know it all with a Pfft. Works out he actually has no idea how the cash out feature works and is given the low down.Gives me a long defensive rant. #coolstorybro

caboose

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2007
At home
AFL Club
Essendon
Come in guns ablazing like a know it all with a Pfft. Works out he actually has no idea how the cash out feature works and is given the low down.Gives me a long defensive rant. #coolstorybro

Dear God.

Do you always post like this, or are you in need of some practice at being abusive and obnoxious for no reason?

I think it's perfectly reasonable to be deeply skeptical about what Sportsbet is offering here, and not terribly excited by it. And to be strongly convinced that arbing elsewhere generally remains way more sensible. I think that's also reinforced by their absolutely relentless advertising of it, and the demographic it's clearly being pitched at. Hence the reason for my "pfft" comment.

Nothing anyone has said (and certainly nothing from you) has disavowed me of that notion at all. I can still only think of one remote possible scenario among all the forms of betting available where it might be an improvement, and that's a scenario where it'd be a very strange move for the person who has made the bet to actually want to cash out on Sportsbet anyway.

You clearly also don't realise that other sites have been running their own Cash Out functions for longer than Sportsbet either, so some of us are actually very familiar with how they work elsewhere.

Not that I'd expect someone posting like you are to even stop for a second and look in the mirror. But, hilariously, all of what you're "weirdly" accusing me of can be even more directly applied to you. Clearly not certain how the Sportsbet version works, coming in all guns blazing and having a childish crack at someone when you haven't even properly read or comprehended their post, betting on Sportsbet when you could have got better odds elsewhere at the time (lol), and so defensive that you're now running a million miles away from the offensive comment you made about the motivations for my post.

#trulybizarre

Last edited:
Long winded post that goes nowhere

You should be a politician. Talk about a whole a heap of words that run around in a circle trying to confuse an audience. I suggest you actually read the posts (including my query on how to view the cash out feature in pending bets, not how it works, JFC) in this thread rather than just selecting the ones that suit your spin doctoring and remarkable back tracking.

I look forward to your next spiel of nothingness and deflections. Xoxo

caboose

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2007
At home
AFL Club
Essendon
You should be a politician. Talk about a whole a heap of words that run around in a circle trying to confuse an audience. I suggest you actually read the posts (including my query on how to view the cash out feature in pending bets, not how it works, JFC) in this thread rather than just selecting the ones that suit your spin doctoring and remarkable back tracking.

I look forward to your next spiel of nothingness and deflections. Xoxo

... and you should be a circus clown. (If you're not already.) Or maybe train a bit harder in the hope you can become a semi-professional heckler one day. The archive of your posts I've read tonight certainly tells me you haven't got a future as a long-term winning gambler, that's for sure. ;)

I'm certain my posts would only confuse a moron, btw.

And, whilst I've been talking about issues related to the subject matter of the thread, all you've done in response is just come up with a series of completely unnecessary, sad and cheap lines of abuse.

Quite obviously, my (completely innocuous) first post hit a very raw nerve with you for some reason. I therefore don't really know why, but I actually feel a bit sorry for you that you seem to be so insecure and angry about it.

Last edited:
... and you should be a circus clown. (If you're not already.) Or maybe train a bit harder in the hope you can become a semi-professional heckler one day. The archive of your posts I've read tonight certainly tells me you haven't got a future as a long-term winning gambler, that's for sure. ;)

I'm certain my posts would only confuse a moron, btw.

And, whilst I've been talking about issues related to the subject matter of the thread, all you've done in response is just come up with a series of completely unnecessary, sad and cheap lines of abuse.

I don't really know why, but I actually feel a bit sorry for you that you seem to be so insecure and angry with the world.

I cant believe that such an amazing mind (amazing punting mind no less) has lowered himself into a slinging match with a circus clown. For shame, I'm sure you thought you were better than that? Yes?

As for insecurities, I have far better things to do with my time than investigate your post history (unlike you). Call me lazy, but I honestly couldn't care about anything else you have posted on big footy (or any other forum for that matter) if it ressembles anything like the dribble you post here.

Forgive me for not getting involved in the dick measuring contest with you over account balances or + - account keeping as well. I enjoy a punt, I don't profess to make a living out of it so your pick up lines won't impress me, sorry.

Please stay up and keep entertaining me. Xoxo

Last edited:

caboose

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2007
At home
AFL Club
Essendon
I cant believe that such an amazing mind (amazing punting mind no less) has lowered himself into a slinging match with a circus clown. For shame, I'm sure you thought you were better than that? Yes?

I generally regard myself as quite a humble person, actually.

But yep, on this occasion, I'm definitely disappointed at severely lowering myself and clearly wasting my time with someone who has conducted themselves in the way you have.

I guess - like most people would have been - I was quite shocked that anyone would have decided to attack me and question my personal integrity in the form you did, and responded instinctively.

I'm also sorry I tried to reason with you originally and talk about the betting issues at hand. Because I clearly should have seen earlier than I did that that wasn't of even the slightest interest to you, and only an aggressive argument was. For whatever reason.

I generally regard myself as quite a humble person, actually.

But yep, on this occasion, I'm definitely disappointed at severely lowering myself and clearly wasting my time with someone who has conducted themselves in the way you have.

I guess - like most people would have been - I was quite shocked that anyone would have decided to attack me and question my personal morality in the form you did, and responded instinctively.

Perhaps you're not as good as you think you are after all? I'm sorry if in anyway I have brought you to this sad but true realisation

Essendon supporter

:rolleyes:

Essendon supporter

:rolleyes:

i was actually going to use that exact stereotypical (but highly accurate) point during my 'circus act' but it seemed too dull and obvious for our brand new resident rambling know it all.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, wall of text that says nothing = :eek::confused::cry: at 5am

Richie Benaud is disappoint
Anyway, my play friend seems to have retired to bed, can u answer my original post that seemed so long ago now? Where is the cash out feature shown in pending bets?

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm reasonably confident that I haven't, but I'm genuinely keen to know if I've missed something about this feature. Because, otherwise, I would have thought it's reasonably obvious that, if you're interested in arbing, then just about every serious gambler is going to tell you Betfair is still a better option. In fact, if you're interested in getting the best odds full stop, you're rarely going to use Sportsbet. And, to take that further, if you do take them for the best odds consistently and/or have any serious betting ability, they'll more than likely suspend or limit you quick smart.

Dafuq are you talking about arbing for? This has nothing to do with arbing :drunk:

Sportsbet has top odds quite a lot. As someone who just takes top odds i use Sportsbet a hell of a lot more than i do Betfair. Generally Pinnacle odds are better than Betfair when you factor in the commission

The cash out feature is not supposed to be some Pro betting tool, its just a nice way of locking in cash for Joe Blow during a match

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyway, my play friend seems to have retired to bed, can u answer my original post that seemed so long ago now? Where is the cash out feature shown in pending bets?

Can you remember if Cash Out was available when you placed the bet? Because it has to be available at the time for it to work and it might have been placed too early before they put the feature on it. They dont have it up for Roland Garros futures at the moment, but towards the end of the tournament im sure they will

I cant remember where it is on the statement now, i think its to the right of the $77 but seeing as nothing is there im just going to presume it isnt available

On a side note to the 'top odds - Sportsbet lol' ramble via my Chicago bet, believe it or not but the $13 at the time of my bet was actually the top odds (or equal to) of any Australian book that would let you on for more than $50. Hard to believe an amateur like myself would check that but somehow i managed to remember to, luck would have it i suppose.

Can you remember if Cash Out was available when you placed the bet? Because it has to be available at the time for it to work and it might have been placed too early before they put the feature on it. They dont have it up for Roland Garros futures at the moment, but towards the end of the tournament im sure they will

I cant remember where it is on the statement now, i think its to the right of the $77 but seeing as nothing is there im just going to presume it isnt available

Cool, thanks mate. Yea, I just got a bit confused I think because I saw the cash out option on the championship market when I checked the odds the other day, as I mentioned, didn't notice it when I placed my bet pre playoffs, perhaps like I said and as you mentioned on tennis they don't put up a cash out option pre tournament or pre playoffs for all in markets. Might just call and clarify this with them.

Cheers for the response

Last edited:
So here is what i have been able to find out re: Cash out feature available now but not when i placed my bet.
Sportsbet told me that because its a relatively new feature to the site that they were only starting off on their most popular sport bet types ie: AFL , NRL then slowly they are rolling it out over all sports (biggest betting markets down) and eventually it will be available on every all in market no matter time of bet placed.

Not sure if anyone gives a s**t except me but there it is.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Offered me $175 for my $100 bet on West Coast at 3QT when the current odds were $2.25. Seems pretty stingy.

What odds did you back them at? A "break even" or whatever you want to call it at those odds for them would have your initial odds at $3.93. I would presume they were around the $4.20-50 range?

I dont think that offer is too bad all things considered tbh, you have to expect them to cut a bit of value out and live odds are generally set to a much higher percentage

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
What odds did you back them at? A "break even" or whatever you want to call it at those odds for them would have your initial odds at $3.93. I would presume they were around the $4.20-50 range?

I dont think that offer is too bad all things considered tbh, you have to expect them to cut a bit of value out and live odds are generally set to a much higher percentage

$4.25.

I'm not joining the Sportsbet v BetFair debate but I could have laid at BetFair for a much more appealing price. Fortunately I decided to let it ride.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
$4.25.

I'm not joining the Sportsbet v BetFair debate but I could have laid at BetFair for a much more appealing price. Fortunately I decided to let it ride.

Well betfair is an exchange so naturally its going to be better but i dont think you were that hard done by in this scenario given the odds you took it at and the odds they were offering at the time

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
i am not au fait with Multi betting but i would assume that cash out means that, for example, if you get the 1st 3 of the 4 legs of a multi and you want to cash out you get the first 3 legs odds multiplied together if you cash out?
Is that how it works?

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
i am not au fait with Multi betting but i would assume that cash out means that, for example, if you get the 1st 3 of the 4 legs of a multi and you want to cash out you get the first 3 legs odds multiplied together if you cash out?
Is that how it works?

Not quite, you will lose a bit more money due to having to lay off against the other side of your remaining leg

Back