Opinion Where will we find Wins?

Remove this Banner Ad

The bulldogs have been smartly rebulding since 2010
We only started in 2014 really
Exactly. Our best 22 are close but we still have no depth.

mark_neeld_melbourne_demons_coach_400_18p0t38-18p0t5k.jpg
if you're looking at the original post bigger pic and cover one half of his face with your hand, then the other, it's like two different people in one photo, a rare contortionist skill he's got there.

I'm not sure that we NEED to keep it in tight. But we can't allow any opposition to have as much space to move as The Dockers did. They had players everywhere out in the open and we're able to spread and run rather easily. Was wondering many times where our players were and what they were doing. Not good.
They were several divisions fitter, faster and stronger than us. That was stark I thought. It made me realise how far off we are from being a decent side.

I am looking forward to seeing how we will go against our opposition in the next 6 weeks. We are playing the touted top 4 for this year along with the years biggest improvers thus far in Collingwood and the Doggies which i think we are a chance to beat provided we come to play like we did against Richmond. The other sides, well we pushed Port last year and they have been a little up and down, Sydney have been up and down too. Hawks, well lets just not get massacred like we have for the last 8 years. Even if we don't win a game in this stretch i am hopping we put up competitive efforts and don't let our confidence take a real battering as we will have winnable run home to build some confidence for 2016!

We will beat Sydney. Everyone get to the G this Saturday night for a memorable dees win.
Have plans :( will be going mental at my mate's bday if they do

If Sydney hadn't just lost to the Dogs I'd be more confident, but they'll be pissed and want to beat up on us.

Sometimes I like to just think into the future of what is a likely headline, I just cant see 'Sydney in turmoil' as they lose to Melbourne and the Bulldogs back to back

Ffs we are 2-3. We have won half of the games we did in the whole of last year in the first 5 rounds. We are improving.

We got touched up by a team that put Sydney away in half a game last week, it's no shame.

Who cares about Sydney? We need to lose this attitude and expect more. The players certainly do too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will beat Sydney. Everyone get to the G this Saturday night for a memorable dees win.
Not without Salem, Nev and Kent we won't. We will be reintroducing some more 2014 spuds rhis weekend, probably both Bail and M Jones. That won't make us better.

Who cares about Sydney? We need to lose this attitude and expect more. The players certainly do too.
At the beginning of the season how did you expect us to be sitting after 5 matches?

We'll win 8+ this year

We've lost only to the top clubs this year. Fremantle 1st, Sydney 4th, Adelaide 5th, GWS 6th. Fremantle and Sydney I would pick as the best 2 teams in the comp, Adelaide and GWS look like making the 8 this year. Another tough one against Hawthorn this week but after that we should be playing against sides on our level more often.

We'll win 8+ this year

We've lost only to the top clubs this year. Fremantle 1st, Sydney 4th, Adelaide 5th, GWS 6th. Fremantle and Sydney I would pick as the best 2 teams in the comp, Adelaide and GWS look like making the 8 this year. Another tough one against Hawthorn this week but after that we should be playing against sides on our level more often.

Nah, keep in mind we'll pick up some injuries as the year trundles along. We have no depth at all. Touch wood - imagine if McDonald or Hogan go down? That respectively *s either the back line or the forward line. Or Nate Jones or Tyson? Jordie, Matt Jones, Terlich, Bail, etc are still a few spots away from being in the match day 22.

The backline would be fine without McDonald if it had to, unless it coincided with Frost's injury but even then we'd just send Garland to a tall and push in Grimes or Pedo.

The backline would be fine without McDonald if it had to, unless it coincided with Frost's injury but even then we'd just send Garland to a tall and push in Grimes or Pedo.

Don't be a disgusting optimist. It would rain goals and uncontested marks in the corridor.

Don't be a disgusting optimist. It would rain goals and uncontested marks in the corridor.
He's exaggerating a bit but it wouldn't be as bad as you seem to think.

We'd lose a lot of run but our defense is more of a system defense, that would still do alright but certainly not as strong.

He's exaggerating a bit but it wouldn't be as bad as you seem to think.

We'd lose a lot of run but our defense is more of a system defense, that would still do alright but certainly not as strong.

I think there's a fair bit of difference between McDonald on Boodee Franklynn and Garland on him. Likewise when we slug it out with the Kangaroos, Adelaide, Hawks, etc who have the three bigguns down front, we're looking at chucking another mediocre defender back there like Pedersen or one of the regulars giving away a fair old height advantage. McDonald has been BOG for 5 of our 6 games so far this year... I think he's having a bit of influence.

I think there's a fair bit of difference between McDonald on Boodee Franklynn and Garland on him. Likewise when we slug it out with the Kangaroos, Adelaide, Hawks, etc who have the three bigguns down front, we're looking at chucking another mediocre defender back there like Pedersen or one of the regulars giving away a fair old height advantage. McDonald has been BOG for 5 of our 6 games so far this year... I think he's having a bit of influence.
I'm not saying McDonald isn't having an influence I'm just saying some of our other defenders are better than you give them credit for.

I'm not saying McDonald isn't having an influence I'm just saying some of our other defenders are better than you give them credit for.

We have other defenders? Our only other tall defender plays for Hawthorn. Not sure Pedersen or Fitz count. Howe definitely doesn't.

We'll win 8+ this year

We are still very much in the running for the wooden spoon. St Kilda has gone past us. The Suns will pull it together eventually. It's really up to us to beat Brisbane and Carlton to avoid another dismal year. I can see us losing a similar number of games to last year, but not losing them as badly as we used to. As long as we play the defensive style of game we play whenever we are under pressure, it's about damage control rather than taking the opposition on. I'd rather see us attack and keep the ball moving - who cares if we have blowouts, at least we'd be trying to build an exciting game style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back