Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate to break it to you but its always been a business. I am old. i remember we traded Phil Carman Billy Picken Peter Moore Peter Mckenna amongst others and it got us nowhere. Other clubs do not trade legends of the club. By your logic we should trade Pendlebury for Jack Martin in 2 years
Why are you using Moore as an example? We fought tooth and nail to keep him and only released him when he threatened to sue.

I hate to break it to you but its always been a business. I am old. i remember we traded Phil Carman Billy Picken Peter Moore Peter Mckenna amongst others and it got us nowhere. Other clubs do not trade legends of the club. By your logic we should trade Pendlebury for Jack Martin in 2 years
Paul Chapman was let go by Geelong. Carman was let go because he was a head case like Shaw. 2 x 6/8 week suspensions and how many undisciplined free kicks.

Heath Shaw is/was far from a legend of the club. Very good player just not in the ballpark as the players you've named. There comes a time when people need to move on. Shaw has. The club has. It's just some supporters still clinging onto what used to be. That time has gone.

Let's look forward not backward. Like Shaw, Taylor Adams will also be a very good player for us, might even score an AA gig one year.

cos we wouldnt pay him enough. we had the money in those days. we just had a cheap administration.
Except the money is only a small part of why he left. Stop trying to rewrite history.

Except the money is only a small part of why he left. Stop trying to rewrite history.
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/06/07/1054700441283.html
ok sorry my memory faded .. you are right but this is an interesting article.

As for Geelong.. they still have Enright at 33. Kelly at 32, Bartel 31, Stevie j 31 Mcintosh is 30 i think.. they kept all those. I think they were worried about Chapman's body and he wanted to stay. I cant think of any other player they have let go in their prime.
Phil Carman would have won us premierships. Yes he was a headcase but in the end we won nothing. We cannot have a team of automatons. Footy clubs of 40 players need different personalities around, even if they do think outside the square. Interestingly Carman had a really good career as a country and Adelaide coach .

Paul Chapman was let go by Geelong. Carman was let go because he was a head case like Shaw. 2 x 6/8 week suspensions and how many undisciplined free kicks.

Heath Shaw is/was far from a legend of the club. Very good player just not in the ballpark as the players you've named. There comes a time when people need to move on. Shaw has. The club has. It's just some supporters still clinging onto what used to be. That time has gone.

Let's look forward not backward. Like Shaw, Taylor Adams will also be a very good player for us, might even score an AA gig one year.

If we did a team of the last 40 years Heath Shaw would be the 1st backman picked. And i agree.. its actually quite pointless arguing.. its all done now. Heath is gone and Adams is here. We cannot change it. I hope i am wrong cos i want the Pies to win more than anything. but i am not optimistic

About as much as Adams did in his first 2 seasons. Don't get me wrong. Adams will play a lot of games. But he wont be anything outstanding. Just serviceable.
Yeah, you said Toumpas had been as good as Adams in his first two years. So you were completely 100% wrong. Why do you keep trying to dodge this?

If we did a team of the last 40 years Heath Shaw would be the 1st backman picked. And i agree.. its actually quite pointless arguing.. its all done now. Heath is gone and Adams is here. We cannot change it. I hope i am wrong cos i want the Pies to win more than anything. but i am not optimistic
:drunk:

I said Toumpas will be the equal of Adams throughout his career. I also said Tyson and Viney would be too, why are you trying to dodge this??
I'm not. The fact that Melbourne happens to have 2 young guns who will most likely better than Adams is completely irrelevant to the discussion. HOwever, you claimed that Adams had done about as much as Toumpas so far, which is flagrantly wrong. I would take Adams over Toumpas any day of the week.

Jimmy Clement says hi.

Haven't seen anything on the Collingwood website but checked his stats from numerous sites stating he was currently sitting on 49 games.

Anyways good on him he's been great this season and looks like he should be a fine player in years to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Taylor Adams, he has let his football do the talking this year and improved his ball use too which is a credit to him.
Hope he can continue on his trajectory and be a Magpie great in coming years.

Love the way he goes about it.

:thumbsu:

He has been Massive in the last 2 Games against the Best Sides in the Comp. Getting 25+ Touches, 7 Tackles, Using Ball, 7 Clearances vs Hawks. And Tried he heart out.

Fantastic Showing how Good and Important he is:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back