Player Watch Matt Crouch - Re-Signed to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt will be a gun.. But his brother will be something else. Has the potential when fit to be a genuine AA mid, don't forget this guy slipped into the AFL and dominated from day 1.

O'Meara, Brad crouch, Treloar & Shiel will be the next superstar mids for the next decade. They'll be the ones pushing fyfe and co in a couple of years. I may as well include Whitfield as well and who knows how Kelly will end up.. * gws will be scary.

Matt will be a gun.. But his brother will be something else. Has the potential when fit to be a genuine AA mid, don't forget this guy slipped into the AFL and dominated from day 1.

O'Meara, Brad crouch, Treloar & Shiel will be the next superstar mids for the next decade. They'll be the ones pushing fyfe and co in a couple of years. I may as well include Whitfield as well and who knows how Kelly will end up.. **** gws will be scary.
I'd add Wines to that list, but yep, I think Brad is the greater talent compared to Matt. But cripes I want to see them together!

Never feels like it's enough, but I have enjoyed seeing the likes of CEY, Crouch and Grigg actually kick it to Tex's advantage.

I guess before that we had Tippett with Craig's plan of kick it high and long, hope for the best, how painful that used to be to watch.

I just wish we could get guys like Dangerfield kicking it shorter or something for a change, he really seems to burn it when he gets that quick clearance into the forward 50 (at least all the ones I can remember of late).

Both Craig and Sando wanted deep entries. It's a lot harder to find space the deeper you go. Not many guys can't make the distance kicking over a guy standing the mark at 40m. Why not use the space and trust your fwds?

Matt Crouch is one of these guys who knows how to get the ball so there is a reasonable argument to be made, even at this early stage, that he could become the biggest ball magnet in the competition one day. He's the sort of guy that, all things being right with his development and he transitions into AFL football like all good footballers do, that he could end up having several 40+ possession games. The one thing that can't be denied about this kid is his ability to get his hands on the footy.

Matt Crouch is one of these guys who knows how to get the ball so there is a reasonable argument to be made, even at this early stage, that he could become the biggest ball magnet in the competition one day. He's the sort of guy that, all things being right with his development and he transitions into AFL football like all good footballers do, that he could end up having several 40+ possession games. The one thing that can't be denied about this kid is his ability to get his hands on the footy.
Give him a couple years and I reckon he's just the Priddis junk yard type. Brad will change games and Matt will keep rolling on. Stoppage after stoppage

O'Meara, Brad crouch, Treloar & Shiel will be the next superstar mids for the next decade. They'll be the ones pushing fyfe and co in a couple of years. I may as well include Whitfield as well and who knows how Kelly will end up.. **** gws will be scary.
will be a tough situation for the players. If I was the club I'd be telling them all what an unprecedented opportunity they've been given to potentially play in half a dozen premierships, but you can guarantee there will be several being offered Boyd-like offers and honestly that will be too good to pass up for some.

personally I hope at least three of their top-tier mids depart but we'll have to wait and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His last few games stack up pretty well IMO.

Versus PAP - 24 disposals (12 contested) @ 70% DE, 5 clearances, 3 tackles and a goal. All this from 70% game time (only Atkins and Talia had less).
Versus WCE - 28 disposals (13 contested) @ 68% DE, 4 clearances and 5 tackles. All this from 73% game time (only VB and CEY had less).
Versus BL - 26 disposals (15 contested) @ 65% DE, 8 clearances, and 3 tackles. All this from 69% game time (only Sloane and CEY had less).
Versus Hawks - 13 disposals (4 contested) @ 69% DE, 2 clearances, and 2 tackles. All this from 18% game time :eek:.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back