Super Rugby 2015 Super Rugby discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of contract, uncapped and only 7 Super Rugby games under his belt. Not dumb in anyway.

This has been a long time coming from Glasgow and the SRU, so not much the ARU could of done.

Guaranteed him a test spot? Can't be any worse than half the wingers we have tried. That said good luck to him.

What depth do we have? Our wingers are very ordinary.

We have plenty - Vesser, Seymour, Fife and Maitland. He'll move to OC where we have a depth and size issue for the position considering we play in the North.

I'm disappointed the ARU didn't sign him up mid season

Doubt they saw us as a threat or that a player with so few games needed to be re-signed so quickly considering the exodus taking place in Australian Rugby. The SRU and Glasgow saw an opportunity to sign a player that fills a need both for club and country with a bit of work and that they started talks during the Australian Pre Season before his potential came though.

Says a lot about the coaching staff of the Waratahs and the Wallabies vs the coaching staff of the Glasgow Warriors and the Scots that they can see what we are all seeing now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 weeks for Speight.

I just can't think that the Brumbies were a chance with him in Wellington though. Hurricanes will be too good. Tahs should account for Highlanders on the balance of things, but I think an upset is an enormous chance. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the Tahs lost. They'll really need their pack to be on top significantly to beat the Highlanders.

I think the Waratahs will win, but yeah I would also be surprised to see the Brumbies beat the Hurricanes. Would be huge for Australian rugby though!

If the Brumbies can play as well as they did against the Stormers then they'll have a chance.

I think we might get 2 excellent games tonight. They're really great match ups. Waratahs vs Highlanders in particular should be frenetic.

Disappointing. Brumbies seemed a bit flat (understandable) and the Waratahs just didn't play that well. Hurricanes and Highlanders deserved winners. Should be a good final.

Agree on the Potgieter thing - they've really clamped down on any dangerous play to the head so it was always going to be a yellow. Penalty try was a bit harsh, but then again he was like an inch or two away from scoring and not being hit in the head may have made the difference. I think the way they interpret it is that if the player who committed the foul wasn't there, then would a try have been scored. Big difference between that and 'if the player hadn't committed a foul would a try have been scored.'

Richard Graham reappointed to the Reds for 2016! It's a truly unbelievable decision. Not just because of his poor results over several super rugby seasons (both with the Force and the Reds) but because of the overwhelming feedback of the Reds fan base. Their crowds and memberships will fall a lot next year. It's just stupid. They'll basically have to win the comp next year to fix this.

Richard Graham reappointed to the Reds for 2016! It's a truly unbelievable decision. Not just because of his poor results over several super rugby seasons (both with the Force and the Reds) but because of the overwhelming feedback of the Reds fan base. Their crowds and memberships will fall a lot next year. It's just stupid. They'll basically have to win the comp next year to fix this.

Who else would want the job? Be realistic there isn't a lot of decent coaches out there in rugby in this country.

Absolutely unbelievable. The hate on Facebook says it all, but I won't be a 2016 member nor will I be going to any games next season.

Piss poor decision with no consideration for the fans whatsoever. Disgusting.

Absolutely unbelievable. The hate on Facebook says it all, but I won't be a 2016 member nor will I be going to any games next season.

Piss poor decision with no consideration for the fans whatsoever. Disgusting.

The fans should have no say in the coaching appointment. They wouldn't know a good coach if it bit them on the behind. If Graham is the best candidate he deserves another go. Lets not forget the Reds were mauled with injuries this year, even the Waratahs/Brumbies would have struggled.

The fans should have no say in the coaching appointment. They wouldn't know a good coach if it bit them on the behind. If Graham is the best candidate he deserves another go. Lets not forget the Reds were mauled with injuries this year, even the Waratahs/Brumbies would have struggled.
The fans have no say in who is coach, but they have a say in the success of the club. Rugby is struggling in Queensland and has been since 2012. Graham's appointment was never a popular one and he's completely destroyed Link's legacy, only for him to be rewarded for it. Watch the crowds dwindle when even the most hardcore of fans refuse to turn up.

Horwill, Genia, and Cooper are all gone. Our three strongest players.

What the * is Graham going to do? He's completely clueless. Had no idea at the Force and still has no idea at the Reds.

Only reason he has a job is because he and Jim Carmichael suck each other's dicks ten times a week.

The whole Reds board needs to go, the QRU needs a kick up the arse, and Graham needs to be exiled to the arctic.

* I'm angry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back