Portfolio mfcrox's 2015 Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

mfcrox

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey all, been a while since I've uploaded anything. I have been working and stuff, so I haven't had much time to do stuff with the template. However; I have made my shorts longer after Mero suggestion, and I have have modernized the collar because I found that the 'sponsor' logo looked awkward with the old collar and Geelong hoops. All the guernseys use an identical template, with side panels and shoulder panels added to all teams.

Here is a full set of 2015 home kits for each club. Some sponsors may be wrong (I only used Google as a reference), however, I tried to edit the sponsor logos so as they were as close to the version on the guernsey as possible and in as high a resolution as possible. Also, I'm aware some guernseys aren't an exact copy (e.g. Essendon sash not reversing after side panel; Melbourne logo above sponsor; North Melbourne middle stripe not broken under collar), but I chose this look because of my own personal preferences. I was tempted to do white a St. Kilda collar and cuff, but resisted :p Anyway, here they are:

Adelaide:

Brisbane:

Carlton:

Collingwood:

Essendon:

Fremantle:

Geelong:

Gold Coast:

Greater Western Sydney:

Hawthorn:

Melbourne:

North Melbourne:

Port Adelaide:

Richmond:

St. Kilda:

Sydney:

West Coast:

Western Bulldogs:

Last edited:

Oh, and PS
Someone corrected me on these recently.
806263-1850fffa-08ae-11e4-ac31-28cbd3f83dd9.jpg

Those socks have no Blue

Oh, and PS
Someone corrected me on these recently.
806263-1850fffa-08ae-11e4-ac31-28cbd3f83dd9.jpg

Those socks have no Blue

Yeah, wasn't sure. I definitely saw socks that had blue on them from earlier seasons I guess, but I couldn't find a clear photo that was definitely 2015. I'll change them around eventually, because I want to muck around with some other stuff too

It's an excellent template. My one suggestion would be that the arm cuffs look more like the beginning of a sleeve than the edge of the arm holes. They should look like part of the jumper as you've got it, not like they're bolted on.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Yeah, I can see what you're saying... it definitely looks like that. The upper body is a pretty tight photo trace from a high resolution photo, so maybe it's because the hands are on the hips which has elevated the upper arm and lifted the cuff. Not sure.

I will tinker with it at some stage... I'm working on something EXTREMELY time consuming at the moment, regarding my last post about clash jumpers. Haha. I'll hopefully have that uploaded tonight or tomorrow

Okay... here are my clash guernseys for 2015. Some of these were an ABSOLUTE PRICK to replicate (again they might not be entirely accurate; e.g. socks, sponsors, because I only used Google as a reference). Anyway, here they are:

Adelaide:

Brisbane:

Carlton:

Collingwood:

Essendon:

Fremantle:

Geelong:

Gold Coast:

Greater Western Sydney:

Hawthorn:

Melbourne:

North Melbourne:

Port Adelaide:

Richmond:

St. Kilda:

Sydney:

West Coast:

Western Bulldogs:

Feedback appreciated :) I have changed some of my home jumpers based on earlier feedback about their accuracy

Loving these mate, I can tell the hawks clash was a nightmare to try and replicate!

Hahahaha... yeah, you could say that. Personally I think the guernsey is the ugliest thing I've ever seen on a football field, and after the amount of time I spent on that bloody kit I hate it even more now.

The resolution of these images really don't do the detail justice, but ahh well... same with the Essendon clash jumper, which actually has EVERY Essendon player written on the jumper.

Yep, I'm a bored perfectionist :-/

Last edited:
The resolution of these images really don't do the detail justice, but ahh well... same with the Essendon clash jumper, which actually has EVERY Essendon player written on the jumper.

Yep, I'm a bored perfectionist :-/
Jeez that's dedication, top stuff mate. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greater Western Sydney:

Feedback appreciated :) I have changed some of my home jumpers based on earlier feedback about their accuracy
The jumper looks terrific, but Lifebroker aren't a jumper sponsor for GWS anymore, it's SpotJobs.com now if I remember correctly.

Jeez that's dedication, top stuff mate. :thumbsu:

Only took an extra 10mins to be honest. Cut and paste job off the internet, then some tweaking in Excel and Word to change the format of the names from 'Last Name, First name' to 'FIRST NAME LAST NAME,' so it was the same as the actual jumper.

Only took an extra 10mins to be honest. Cut and paste job off the internet, then some tweaking in Excel and Word to change the format of the names from 'Last Name, First name' to 'FIRST NAME LAST NAME,' so it was the same as the actual jumper.
Is there a link for the template yet?
Great work, though.

Do you use any sort of displacement filter/transform tool on the designs? or do you just draw it as you think it should look?

Combination of things. I draw most layers with mainly a front-on and flat perspective originally, then I'll warp them to try and match the asymmetry of the players stance.

It takes its time though... and some layers aren't perfect, but they're close enough

Do you use any sort of displacement filter/transform tool on the designs? or do you just draw it as you think it should look?

For pure ease, I wish I drew it more symmetrical, because it is a real pain in the arse tinkering with every straight line to try and make it follow the natural curve of the body... but at the same time, I think it makes it look more unique as a template, so I'm happy with it in that regard

For pure ease, I wish I drew it more symmetrical, because it is a real pain in the arse tinkering with every straight line to try and make it follow the natural curve of the body... but at the same time, I think it makes it look more unique as a template, so I'm happy with it in that regard
I hear you loud and clear.

But the end result is amazing and worth the pain, as you've exhibited here :thumbsu:

Is there a link for the template yet?
Great work, though.

No link yet... the file is nearly 150MB and a mess of folders and layers (I'll run my script file later to count exactly how many, but I'd say it's around 200 layers now).

If/when I upload it, I'm gonna have to take A LOT of the finer detail out of it just for pure simplicity of use. It's a mess.

*** EDIT: Just ran my layer counter. Currently at 267. Bigger mess than I thought. Haha

Last edited:
Excellent work mfcrox , really awesome job done putting this together , only 2 things my old eyes can see is the Hawthorn home jumper , the 2 outer stripes taper in near the bottom of the jumper and North Melbourne has a white section below the bottom of the collar to the top of the middle stripe , otherwise I love it. (BTW serious kudos to you for the job you did putting the Hawthorn white jumper together:thumbsu: ).

Excellent work mfcrox , really awesome job done putting this together , only 2 things my old eyes can see is the Hawthorn home jumper , the 2 outer stripes taper in near the bottom of the jumper and North Melbourne has a white section below the bottom of the collar to the top of the middle stripe , otherwise I love it. (BTW serious kudos to you for the job you did putting the Hawthorn white jumper together:thumbsu: ).

Thanks mate.

Yeah, I intentionally left those two things out. I think they look bloody stupid... particularly North Melbourne's cut off middle stripe. Irritates me something shocking! Haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back