Points for: 98.58 (3rd)
Points against: 77.41 (5th)

Sydney
Points for: 89.7 (6th)
Points against: 69.1 (3rd)

Fremantle
Points for: 87.4 (10th)
Points against: 64.5 (1st)

So basically Freo need to find a way to score 100 points in the grand final. Yet people forget freo scored just under 100 points to make the 2013 grand final

Freo scored 62 in the 2013 GF after scoring 87 in the QF and 99 in the PF.

Last year was 69 in the QF and 83 in the SF. 2012 was 96 and 71.

Freo haven't scored 100 in a final since the 2006 SF against Melbourne when they scored 102, their only triple figure finals score.

Scoring 100 en route to the GF doesn't mean that much. We put 24 goals past North in 2012 but only 9 past Collingwood a week later. The year earlier we scored 101 against Carlton but couldn't get past the 60s against Geelong and Collingwood who were the eventual grand finalists.

The 'you must score 100' thing is an average and a guide, but if you're only scoring 60-80 against the top sides it makes it tough because you're relying on keeping them to less than 10 goals to get the win.

So if Lenny Hayes' kick to Milne in 2010 doesn't do crazy s**t, the saints win, and Dawson gets a premiership medal, suddenly freo are in contention? Interesting stat though.

Im pretty sure if Zac Dawson won a premiership medal the fabric of space time would tear and we would all atomise instantaneously.

Would be quite funny but Zac Dawson would be lucky to make the top 20 worst premiership players. Sydney and WC in 2005 and 2006 was the weakest for KPP in my living memory. Unfortunately the rest of us were even worse.

So if Lenny Hayes' kick to Milne in 2010 doesn't do crazy s**t, the saints win, and Dawson gets a premiership medal, suddenly freo are in contention? Interesting stat though.
Ross might not be at Freo had that happened.
Fair point. If you think about, one small thing like that could change so much.

Never think about that! *I have before though, considering I wanted Milne to kick the goal at the time, and stupidly I still do?*

#Lenny

Here is my dream turn out... Saints win 2010. They still slide! Ross still goes when he does.

Collingwood win 2011 on Micks last game. He never comes back.

#RevisionistHistory

Weathe conditions.

Its known that the saints train outside but ran for cover during training when it rained during the finals

In 2013 Gf the wind was very swirly and fyfe later admitted they did no golakicking practice

It may be luck but there are plenty of opportunities to prepare

Morton winning one in 2012 & Armstrong in 06 did some fair damage, Dawson might be the end of us all
If Aaron Keating winning one didn't break it, nothing will.
Nah Rowan Jones tops my list. 150 game career and he was a shockingly bad kick. Morton in that 2012 grand final had 2 goals from decent kicks.

Nah Rowan Jones tops my list. 150 game career and he was a shockingly bad kick. Morton in that 2012 grand final had 2 goals from decent kicks.

I understand you probably couldn't stomach watching our premiership triumph in 06, but Jones almost won us that game with his effort in the last minute of the game, to compete against 2 swans in the middle of the ground, put his body on the line, and push the ball out towards Beau Waters on the wing, which resulted in an OOB & throw in that killed the last remaining seconds of that game. Had Jones pulled back, or shirked that contest even in the slightest, the swans would have had a free run inside 50, and possibly stole the game.

History lesson for today, over. Jones' entire career should be judged off that 1 contest:D:D

I understand you probably couldn't stomach watching our premiership triumph in 06, but Jones almost won us that game with his effort in the last minute of the game, to compete against 2 swans in the middle of the ground, put his body on the line, and push the ball out towards Beau Waters on the wing, which resulted in an OOB & throw in that killed the last remaining seconds of that game. Had Jones pulled back, or shirked that contest even in the slightest, the swans would have had a free run inside 50, and possibly stole the game.
History lesson for today, over. Jones' entire career should be judged off that 1 contest
I forgot about that I always remembered Chicks smother which resulted an Eagles goal and Embleys heroics in the defensive 50 late in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forgot about that I always remembered Chicks smother which resulted an Eagles goal and Embleys heroics in the defensive 50 late in the game.

There were so many fantastic, heroic moments in that game:D Jones did have terrible skills, a few of our players back then did, but we played a very man on man, contested game back then, and a lot of running hanball chains too, so I'd guess a fair few guys were carried by that fact, and didn't have to rely too much on precision kicking. Unfortunately, they all can't be blessed with the fine skill set of the one and only Matthew Priddis.

Havent read all the replies so may have been mentioned, but i dont those stats dont mean much. Recent rule changes have all been about opening the game up more.

Wait so Hawthorn is substandard in both attack and defence but Gold Coast is premiership standard :drunk:

Wait so Hawthorn is substandard in both attack and defence but Gold Coast is premiership standard :drunk:
Sample size is still too small

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Schoenmakers played his best game ever in 2015gf but would likely be up there on that list.

This is one of those things you can't really start tracking until round 16 ish. By then everyone has played everyone and the averages actually mean something.

Mind you, if you can find a way to score 120 points every week, does it matter of you concede 100? I'd say no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back