Are Spurs a big club?

• Total voters

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't know the numbers but it's been something like a two and a half year waiting list to have the chance for a season ticket - and that's just from the people who have registered themselves Spurs members.

WHL has a 36,800 capacity which is woefully inadequate. It sells out for every match in the prem (unless away fans don't take full allocation). The club will have done their figures and the original plans were for around 56,000, now gone up to 61,000 for reasons I am unsure of. My prediction will be if we are having a good season gates won't slip below 50k. I expect there will be tickets available on the day for half the games and maybe concessions as well to keep the attendances up.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
We were more successful than Chelski and $ity before they were cashed up giving them "big club" honours.

Leeds, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Nottingham Forest, Burnley and Sunderland were more successful than Chelski also pre-Abramovich.

You weren't really all that more successful than us before Roman(i dont get the dick measuring competition, but i guess thats all you've got)put us streets a head and those clubs you mention were(and i guess still are) more successful than Spurtz
, so im not sure what your point is.

Maybe time to get over it.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Maybe time to get over it.
Though why reply to my comment? You pretty much replied to it yesterday afternoon at 520pm 3 minutes after I posted it originally without directly quoting me..........

If Spurs are being attacked and mocked in this thread then we can rightfully defend ourselves imo

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I don't know the numbers but it's been something like a two and a half year waiting list to have the chance for a season ticket - and that's just from the people who have registered themselves Spurs members.

WHL has a 36,800 capacity which is woefully inadequate. It sells out for every match in the prem (unless away fans don't take full allocation). The club will have done their figures and the original plans were for around 56,000, now gone up to 61,000 for reasons I am unsure of. My prediction will be if we are having a good season gates won't slip below 50k. I expect there will be tickets available on the day for half the games and maybe concessions as well to keep the attendances up.
You don't think it was to one up Arsenal? It puts you just above the Emirates.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Though why reply to my comment? You pretty much replied to it yesterday afternoon at 520pm 3 minutes after I posted it originally without directly quoting me.........

I was bored at work so i gave your post a bit more thought than just brushing it off (as i did originally).

Is that cool?

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
I wonder how they will handle the debt.
Well

We could sell our best players at that current time, in particular to our feeder Real Madrid which is a reason how Levy saved a bit. I reckon that one year in the CL Levy would've pocketed a bit of coin too.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
What do you mean by "makes it too easy" or is that just further trolling? This new ground shits all over the Emirates, which is featureless and dull in comparison.

You goonas are Hilarious
Lack of success, crossed with delusions of grandeur is where the easiness comes in.

Because they didn't want more than 30k empty seats each match.
Lack of knowledge on the waiting list for Spurs memberships/seats at the current WHL is obvious.

EDIT - covered above. Sorry (not sorry) Jatz.

Lack of success, crossed with delusions of grandeur is where the easiness comes in.
Lack of success, attempting to sound superior to those who actually have success - especially recent success, barking up the wrong tree ...

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
You don't think it was to one up Arsenal? It puts you just above the Emirates.
I'm pretty sure the reason given for the expanded capacity was something to do with the deal the club made with the NFL and their demands for a bigger stadium. To be fair though, expanding it for no other reason than to make it bigger than the Emirates does seem like a very Daniel Levy thing to do.

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
I'm pretty sure the reason given for the expanded capacity was something to do with the deal the club made with the NFL and their demands for a bigger stadium. To be fair though, expanding it for no other reason than to make it bigger than the Emirates does seem like a very Daniel Levy thing to do.

Well 61,000 makes it the 2nd smallest NFL ground in total capacity (3rd smallest with just seating) Only the Vikings have a smaller stadium, and they're about to move to a 73,000 seat stadium. Also Emirates just happens to be 60,432. I think both conditions have been satisfied in a very Tottenham manner.

Mind you, full credit to Tottenham, it's about time they had a stadium fitting for a big club. Hopefully the new place will bring about something even better.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Well 61,000 makes it the 2nd smallest NFL ground in total capacity (3rd smallest with just seating) Only the Vikings have a smaller stadium, and they're about to move to a 73,000 seat stadium. Also Emirates just happens to be 60,432. I think both conditions have been satisfied in a very Tottenham manner.

Mind you, full credit to Tottenham, it's about time they had a stadium fitting for a big club. Hopefully the new place will bring about something even better.
Are you saying Spurs are a minnow in 2 different sports? :eek:

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Are you saying Spurs are a minnow in 2 different sports? :eek:

They will be as soon as the London Monarchs are reborn. Complete with Tottenham branding. Then again, Chelsea sponsors a minnow team in F1:
6d9e1b11cb.jpg

Proof that not everything related to Chelsea is a winning team. (If tyre wars ever return to F1, I think we all know what tyres would be on that Sauber.)

Back