2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Great tribute by PAFC. Must admit though the tears only really started when they showed this pic - always gets me
621398-3821f698-c6bf-11e4-b315-22a5c9651e5e.jpg

fairfooty

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2010
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Chelsea
How does someone with tattoos automatically mean everyone should assume they are a thug? I hate tattoos, but that's a very broad generalisation.

I hate tattoos too, but for different reasons - all I see see is acres of damaged skin - and given the fastest growing area of dermatology is tattoo removal there's an awful lot of tatt-regret going on out there - and I think they look terrible on elderly skin.

Cultural reasons excepted, I also think they are a bit of a sign of insecurity if you have to cover yourself in permanent ink to make a statement. I love the look of clear clean healthy skin (I have fairly severe excema so I have a fairly big dose of 'healthy skin envy' and will never understand how people can damage their skin so badly with tattoos - but thats just me). :)

Roo Lives Again

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I hate tattoos too, but for different reasons - all I see see is acres of damaged skin - and given the fastest growing area of dermatology is tattoo removal there's an awful lot of tatt-regret going on out there - and I think they look terrible on elderly skin.

Cultural reasons excepted, I also think they are a bit of a sign of insecurity if you have to cover yourself in permanent ink to make a statement. I love the look of clear clean healthy skin (I have fairly severe excema so I have a fairly big dose of 'healthy skin envy' and will never understand how people can damage their skin so badly with tattoos - but thats just me). :)

Hot young girl at my gym seems intent on covering herself in Tatts. She's got a big eagle on her back, Tatts on her knees and back thighs and calves. Has good muscle on her and She drives a BMW. Intriguing girl. Can't understand her ruining herself with those Tatts but some people just like them I guess. Girls with a small tatt nicely placed somewhere can be hot but this girl has large bikie type Tatts on her. Each to their own I guess.

I actually considered getting a sleave done with Crows logos and players heads etc on it but I probably won't as I also consider clean skin to be better than ink.

My recent ex got a tatt a year ago and now wants to get it removed. Got to pick carefully I reckon.

No, it will be a Port celebration of his life. No joint about it. 90% will be watching on the TV.
No one has ownership of grief. Please stop your ramblings. All the amazing tributes are being done for the players and staff, the people that knew the man and worked with him day in and out so please just chill out a bit.

On a lighter note I saw plenty of people in crows colours last night. Even gave a complete stranger in a crows guernsey a big hug. Genuinely hope you guys get up tomorrow night.

Peace out.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hot young girl at my gym seems intent on covering herself in Tatts. She's got a big eagle on her back, Tatts on her knees and back thighs and calves. Has good muscle on her and She drives a BMW. Intriguing girl. Can't understand her ruining herself with those Tatts but some people just like them I guess. Girls with a small tatt nicely placed somewhere can be hot but this girl has large bikie type Tatts on her. Each to their own I guess.

I actually considered getting a sleave done with Crows logos and players heads etc on it but I probably won't as I also consider clean skin to be better than ink.

My recent ex got a tatt a year ago and now wants to get it removed. Got to pick carefully I reckon.
I think I know this girl. A bit emo with black hair and some facial piercings?

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Footy takes a back seat in times like these.

The remainder of the AFC's season is all about doing it for Phil. Some players will just struggle to take the field week in and week out, some players will play well some weeks and not others as they deal with this loss. I for one will just let the season ride out and not critique player performances. It would be incredibly unfair.

Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

What about people that are genuinely into the art of tattooing? It's not something that's just popped up in the last few years just because some hipster crew and a few afl players have now decided it's cool.
There is actually a long history and culture behind many different styles of tattoos.
It's def not always about being insecure or trying to look cool.

There is def a growing trend of people who only get parts of their body that can be exposed for others to see. And they only tattoo these parts to try and make a statement. But there are also many of us who are very interested in the art, history and culture surrounding a particular style of tattooing and have been getting tattooed for a long time.

In the end it comes back on the tattooers who should not allow young people to walk in and get a neck piece or forearm or knuckles completed before beginning with parts of the torso or upper thigh that can be hidden.

Don't always judge somthing by a bunch of youngster who have suddenly decided somthing is cool.

What about people that are genuinely into the art of tattooing? It's not something that's just popped up in the last few years just because some hipster crew and a few afl players have now decided it's cool.
There is actually a long history and culture behind many different styles of tattoos.
It's def not always about being insecure or trying to look cool.

There is def a growing trend of people who only get parts of their body that can be exposed for others to see. And they only tattoo these parts to try and make a statement. But there are also many of us who are very interested in the art, history and culture surrounding a particular style of tattooing and have been getting tattooed for a long time.

In the end it comes back on the tattooers who should not allow young people to walk in and get a neck piece or forearm or knuckles completed before beginning with parts of the torso or upper thigh that can be hidden.

Don't always judge somthing by a bunch of youngster who have suddenly decided somthing is cool.

There is tattooing that is art. What Dane Swan has is ugly like the man himself.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
tattoos are genuinely addictive... I'd have way more if I was comfortable with just getting whatever done at the time without much thought... luckily I think I think s**t tattoos look real s**t and I don't want a s**t tattoo, so I've only got 9 of them at the moment...

But I do understand why people get more of them... I find the pain of getting them really cathartic... I'd also deal with getting a tattoo done for a couple of hours over the moment of getting a piercing... cant deal with getting pierced... (i've had a couple in the past, but don't wear them anymore... don't want any new ones) weird, eh?

Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is tattooing that is art. What Dane Swan has is ugly like the man himself.
I hasn't seen anything of his up close and personal so I won't pass judgment. But there are def a lot of absolutely terrible tattoos and tattooers out there tearing up people.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide

It is just another form of art ... I don't understand how you can hate "tattoos" - all of them? I love some tattoos.

Yep some tattoos may not be up your alley, but that is a very broad brush stroke IMO.

I notice people usually put tattoos and street art into a similar category, but maybe then find out they mean a certain type or style. These are very wide categories if you look even slightly below the surface.

As you can see below - there are many types of tatts:

Back-Tattoo-Designs-for-Women.jpg

best-tattoo-images.jpg

815-1024x821.jpg

27.jpg
which-one-is-the-best-tatoo.jpg
butterfly-tattoo-in-color-orange-one-of-the-best-1331317408.jpg
uXyInh.jpg
KhNMA.jpg
chest-dragon-tattoo.jpg%3Fw%3D490
Sexy-Tattoos-for-Girls-16-520x639.jpg
Color-Tattoo-Design19-520x400.jpg