Opinion Round 16 Changes vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bush-Mission-Accomplished_thumb3.jpg

Nice bronx-jeer send-off mate to one of the most passionate, dedicated and positive posters on BigFooty - a poster who dedicated hundreds of hours giving us training reports and other vital information and insights free of charge.

No offence bro - but I think you're a bit of a:

upload_2015-7-17_12-11-56.jpeg

Nice bronx-jeer send-off mate to one of the most passionate, dedicated and positive posters on BigFooty - a poster who dedicated hundreds of hours giving us training reports and other vital information and insights free of charge.

No offence bro - but I think you're a bit of a:

View attachment 153354
Except he's not positive. He will happily hang s**t on players when he wants to. Yet if you happen to hold a negative opinion about a player he likes, watch out. You will be accused of hating Freo.

We have used very few players this season compared to other Clubs .
RTB and Bond have not used a single 2014 recruit despite a number of them showing so very good development .
This disappoints me . Sutcliffe and Taberner are the only players that can win a rising star and neither one will .
Ed Langdon and Conner Blakely shone last week for Peel . Weller is also playing very consistent footy as is Grey .
These kids need to get league games and this was one of the games at least one should be playing .

Freo will play them in the game they rest everyone. They will play below par as there is no structure and Ross will views will be justified they're not ready.

Playing Suban and MDB in the same side, we may as well give up come finals. I thought they slightly improved from last season, but come crunch time against good opposition they fall over.

Tried to stay out of here since the announcements yesterday.... Baffled as I was prior to the brissie game that we can't make way for a debutant.

Don't think its all doom and gloom or that there has even been a meltdown on here. Think that's a touch dramatic. I'm still backing us for top two. Just hope we sort this current funk out before finals.

Ok, now I'm pretty ******* annoyed. How the hell does Suban keeping getting a free pass? Clancee has a couple of quieter games and is immediately out the door, Mzungu twice booted after one game and Nic Suban, who Ross himself concedes isn't worthy of starting in the 21 shown by his frequent sub selection, has now played 14 consecutive games. Two, by my count, have been what you could call "good" games and they were in the first couple of months.
As Suban's buddy, he's really really lucky with the ride he's been getting. He's not dominating as sub, his renown attack on the ball and player is gone. Him and Ballas get a bit of a ride from the coaches..

I'm out of here.The lunatics have taken over the asylum.Doom gloom and more flopping doom.The club has never been in a stronger position.
The sooks , defeatists and trolls on here are sucking the life out of enjoying what is a great season.
Any one who has a positive attitude is howled down or given the sycophant tag.
I love the club,all the players and I love what Ross,Bond and the Steves are doing.I am enjoying being a Freo supporter.
I'll see the mates I made on here at the GF.
Tall poppy syndrome around here isn't it... Wonder how many on here actually went through the hell of 2001, 2007-2009. Couldn't be more happy being 1 game clear, on top. We're in 1st/2nd gear, so got a lot to step up to.

Yes we are in a great position, but after playing the hawks, they do not fear us at all, every other team we can take, or
have the wood on.
How do you take down a dynasty? Thats what we are up against, and its going to take something, special from our
team. Doesnt hurt to try and figure out where the improvement will come from,.

We dont take down the Dynasty, we position ourselves so that some one else takes down the Dynasty.

Freo will play them in the game they rest everyone. They will play below par as there is no structure and Ross will views will be justified they're not ready.

Playing Suban and MDB in the same side, we may as well give up come finals. I thought they slightly improved from last season, but come crunch time against good opposition they fall over.
This is pure tripe. One or two players does not make this team. Ballas, Walters, Duffield, Barlow and a few are playing under their best form.

Yes we are in a great position, but after playing the hawks, they do not fear us at all, every other team we can take, or
have the wood on.
How do you take down a dynasty? Thats what we are up against, and its going to take something, special from our
As usual the truth is somewhere in the middle, some have gone all too negative with the sky falling in but others in denial about the team having some legitimate and potentially serious question marks over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming I've interpreted that right, do you really think Ross is really that stupid? I mean really?

Vent frustration all you want, I'm OK with this being a place for the occasional meltdown - but for your own sanity's sake, try to be a bit rational about things.

Last edited:
Tall poppy syndrome around here isn't it... Wonder how many on here actually went through the hell of 2001, 2007-2009. Couldn't be more happy being 1 game clear, on top. We're in 1st/2nd gear, so got a lot to step up to.

During those years you did not expect to win, so doing it was great. The last 3 years I expect to win most games, and to be competitive the rest but mostly I want to win a premiership and I realise our window while not slamming shut is closing.

A player like Dixon will pry it open and maybe give Pav's career a new life but after the Hawks game I have massively doubts we can defeat them away from home if at all.

Of course this will change if we hit form.

As for the changes, so glad Clarke is out. If it's injury (sounds possible) or just straight out form, he needs to collect himself and come back when he's truly ready. If it's his knees, give him weeks out and just get it properly right. Will be a bit pissed if he comes in next week for Griff (which will likely have an average game given first AFL game in ages) and he's still not right.

Croz (if he's able to run out games week in and out), needs to stay in the team for a bit. I know he's not the physical presence of the more mature bodies of Suban and MDB types, but he is a natural creator attacking minded player with skills and we really need a bit of that fwd of centre.

As for the Gu, though I do have a theory as to why he's a bit on the outer with Ross, must admit I'm a touch confused that they can't find a way to use him in the team - the only thing I can think of is that RTB feels we don't need any outside run (with Sutty and Croz ins and with Hill and DPearce locks) more than inside grunt.

I'm out of here.The lunatics have taken over the asylum.Doom gloom and more flopping doom.The club has never been in a stronger position.
The sooks , defeatists and trolls on here are sucking the life out of enjoying what is a great season.
I love the club,all the players and I love what Ross,Bond and the Steves are doing.I am enjoying being a Freo supporter.
That's a shame. I've enjoyed your posts for the past few years I've been on here. I wish you well if you do go but I'd rather you give it a week or so and reconsider

have the wood on.
How did we take down the dynasty in 2014 (less than a year ago)?

This is pure tripe. One or two players does not make this team. Ballas, Walters, Duffield, Barlow and a few are playing under their best form.
Bit rough on Barlow and Walters I think. Barlow's had a slight role change so not his doing. Kicked the vital goals in our last two wins too.

As for the changes, so glad Clarke is out. If it's injury (sounds possible) or just straight out form, he needs to collect himself and come back when he's truly ready. If it's his knees, give him weeks out and just get it properly right. Will be a bit pissed if he comes in next week for Griff (which will likely have an average game given first AFL game in ages) and he's still not right.

Croz (if he's able to run out games week in and out), needs to stay in the team for a bit. I know he's not the physical presence of the more mature bodies of Suban and MDB types, but he is a natural creator attacking minded player with skills and we really need a bit of that fwd of centre.

As for the Gu, though I do have a theory as to why he's a bit on the outer with Ross, must admit I'm a touch confused that they can't find a way to use him in the team - the only thing I can think of is that RTB feels we don't need any outside run (with Sutty and Croz ins and with Hill and DPearce locks) more than inside grunt.
The problem I see with Clarke, Hannath, Griffen, is that they are all ruckmen, one or two can pinch hit in the forward line, but we would be better off
rotating Sandi with Tabs.
Sure he will lose more taps than he wins, but with his run, fitness, could be a poor mans Cox.
Hannath needs to be played in the ruck at Peel, or de-listed, no point playing Griffen in the ruck, we already know what he offers.
Hannath has no leg speed, and is not a forward, he needs to work on his speed, fitness, if he is part of the contingency plan.
Moller is the forward/ruck option and the sooner he is upgraded the better.

Except he's not positive. He will happily hang s**t on players when he wants to. Yet if you happen to hold a negative opinion about a player he likes, watch out. You will be accused of hating Freo.
Well, I appreciated Salim got off his ass and made the effort to get down to training and report back to BF. I'd suggest if a few other armchair hero critics around here made the effort to get away from their computer world and get outside they'd see in reality that the sky really hasn't fallen.

Sorry to see you go Salim, always (mostly) enjoyed your posts and reports from training.
Any chance you might change your mind after "sleeping on the decision"?

Nah, disagree. You can debate Mayne's role in the team, but making a 100+ gamer a sub against weak teams like Gold Coast and Brisbane is a waste of a potential development opportunity to a first year player in a strong side.

I agree. I just think the sub role is a bit of a joke anyway. So if that's the only spot Suban is taking up it doesn't really worry me that much. I don't think anyone gets much development by only playing a quarter of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back