Country footy Salary cap

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just reading about how many clubs, at least in the BLGFA are opposed to the changes. But something I heard recently was in respect to Hamley Bridge buying a premiership last year and now they are up s**t creek.

Last game 59:18 372 - 8, Some guy kicked 34 goals.

Hills league and Spencer gulf league definitely need a cap.

Port Football Club in the SGL pay every player right down to the thirds bullshit amounts of money, as do Sollies. One word: pokies. Which is why Prop/Risdon are always consistently crap, because they have none (Port bought them all).

Interested to see how they police it

What will stop an A grade having 10 playing coaches and paying them for being a coach?

A team doesn't need that many anyway.

I don't mind a club giving players or officials fuel subsidies (for example x amount in the $) if they have to travel, especially if players come up from Adelaide to play or its an amalgamated team with a distance between towns, but even then, promote car pooling or something

These Port Pirie clubs are arrogant to think they can buy players and buy tainted premierships.

They get that attitude from Sydney unfortunately.

Just reading about how many clubs, at least in the BLGFA are opposed to the changes. But something I heard recently was in respect to Hamley Bridge buying a premiership last year and now they are up s**t creek.

someone at work spoke about this as the guy kicking the bagful is his mate
is on BIG coin per week apparently
more than 3 digits
which i found quite hard to believe myself

someone at work spoke about this as the guy kicking the bagful is his mate
is on BIG coin per week apparently
more than 3 digits
which i found quite hard to believe myself

Its not surprising.

My mate gets $1000 a match to play for Port in the SGL - and he gets it whether he plays Firsts, Seconds or Thirds. Most of the thirds don't get paid more than $50-$100 a match, seconds players about the same bar a few who get $100-200, however in the firsts/seniors is where the bullshit about it all arises. One player gets nearly $2000 a game. Apparently part of that is money to pay for his fuel to Port Augusta every second week (the SGL has three teams from Pirie, three from Augusta) as well as petrol money so he can go home to Adelaide and return every week. Despite there being a team bus. I'll ask my mate on the figures tomorrow.

Hamley did buy a flag last year but the President tipped in the money himself as it was his last season. Brought in a heap of quality players and obviously when he left the money dried up and the players left for money elsewhere. Hamley have always had issues with low local numbers and poor junior numbers.
The BL&G rightly voted out the cap 9-0, the clubs in the league are very well ran and spend well within their means. They make really good money from attendance, sponsorship and hard working committee people and should be able to spend the money on how they deem fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back