Review David Noble - Smooth Operator, or Scourge of God?

Is David Noble...

• a Smooth Operator?

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • the Scourge Of God?

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • he's no Phil Harper, that's for sure

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So now we we only paid for Tambling for one season. What was that salary at? The 1 million you quote is to do with his richmond contract. So what is the third year figure?
I don't know what the percentage we paid was the first two years but we enticed Tambling to break his existing contract. Chances are Year 3 sweetened the deal.

The $333k estimate is conservative.

Whether it was a bit more or a bit less doesn't matter either.

The payments for Tambling 2013 and Vince 2013 didn't have to be paid in 2014 and beyond which (roughly) freed up enough cash for Betts.

The war chest has not yet made any positive difference to our list.

So, either Chapman/Trigg were lying and it doesn't exist or we've been rolling it forward for three seasons and are just about to pounce.

Last edited:
His hair is the scourge of god. This isn't the 90's anymore.

The rest of him is fine.

His hair is the scourge of god. This isn't the 90's anymore.

The rest of him is fine.
My hair cut is now on my 3rd hairdresser so I won't pick on his hair.

That shirt though so much fail in the buttons and collar. Not a fan of contrasting cuffs or collars either but the material I don't mind.

Dmac and VB were done on his watch possibly under duress...

The rest gets a pass mark.

I want to know the rationale between the Reilly / Mackay / VB contracts, and even Hendo.
A hypothetical strong influence on at least on of those contract negotiations.

The last thing certain parts of the Adelaide FC backroom want is a disgruntled player going to another team, mishitting a pass and accidentally scoring the winning goal in a match, as a result getting invited on Talking Footy as a late replacement for a guest who had to cancel, and being asked "So about the Kurt Tippett affair..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually feel a tiny bit sorry for him for being made to walk the plank each week by having to justify some bizarre selections without giving out too much info on what happens behind the scenes and what they plan on doing in the game.

Whoever gets this unenviable role at our club always ends up sounding dumber than they are.

The problem we have now is that we keep selecting players who don't deserve it, so we come up with bullshit reasons to justify it - like claiming that players who contribute nothing, actually contribute plenty; we just can't quantify it.

And then we have the laughable situation where Lyons, who was drafted as a HFF, has apparently shown in the last fortnight that he's capable of playing as a HFF, so now we can finally select him.

Our selections are a joke - I'd love to know what the setup is, and who is making what decisions; because Noble appears to be the constant.

Last edited:
The problem we have now is that we keep selecting players who don't deserve it, so we come up with bullshit reasons to justify it - like claiming that players who contribute nothing, actually contribute plenty; we just can't quantify it.

And then we have the laughable where Lyons, who was drafted as a HFF, has apparently shown in the last fortnight that he's capable of playing as a HFF, so now we can finally select him.

Our selections are a joke - I'd love to know what the setup is, and who is making what decisions; because Noble appears to be the constant.

Since clubs keep their cards close to their chest unless they open up their selection secrets we can only guess.

Back