Universal Love Goodes Chant for SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2015/07/30/richmond-tigers-stand-beside-goodes/

In light of the news that Hawthorn and Richmond have decided to don their Indigenous Round guernseys in support of Adam Goodes this Friday night at the MCG I have nothing but the warmest regard for the administrators of both clubs. It's a legitimately supportive act which goes well beyond simply chastising the whole affair to the cameras (not that those doing so have anything but the best intentions).

For what it's worth, this isn't a discussion about separations and differences, but about unity. As a result, I would like to think there will be a clear informal showing of solidarity at the SCG this weekend. I read on a forum about a potential G-O-O-D-S-E-Y (long and slow) chant which would be magnificent, but how will people be showing their support otherwise?

For example, if I were not based in Thailand at the moment I would carry an Aboriginal Flag with me to the match not as a sign of difference, but as a sign of respect for a man who has been a magnificent representative of his club (perhaps the best), his code and his people.

A simple chant going around the stadium a few times per quarter, and cheering him whenever he gets the ball would be great. Good luck to the organisers of this initiative.

Well not this week obviously but doing the chant regardless would surely be doing our bit to encourage him back.

Maybe like a Racism: It ends with Goodes or something.

Or as Bonz suggested, #standbyGoodes :p
To vague. I'd take the "or something" off the end.

Just make it:
"Racism: It ends with Goodes".

;)

To vague. I'd take the "or something" off the end.
Just make it:
"Racism: It ends with Goodes".
;)

Having the word "racism" in there doesn't sit easy with me. There were numerous reasons why people boo'd him. Racism would have been just one of those reasons. It more so a lack of respect and just plain poor behaviour. What about something like "Respect, it starts with Goodes"?

Maybe like a Racism: It ends with Goodes or something.

Or as Bonz suggested, #standbyGoodes :p
Don't make it about Goodes. Make it about standing proud & together because that's what Adam is about. Pride doesn't differentiate. Stand proudly. Or something like that....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi everyone,

On a companion site a very generous offer has been made by KTigers who owns a screen printing business to print the number 37 on 1000 red shirts to bring to the SCG on Saturday. Clearance is being saught via official club channels to distribute them pre-game however volunteers are required to help with this. I've provided a link below. A big thank you to KTigers for providing this opportunity to show support to Adam. Is anyone available to help out in this great cause?

http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php/40582-Stand-by-Goodes/page9

Hi everyone,

On a companion site a very generous offer has been made by KTigers who owns a screen printing business to print the number 37 on 1000 red shirts to bring to the SCG on Saturday. Clearance is being saught via official club channels to distribute them pre-game however volunteers are required to help with this. I've provided a link below. A big thank you to KTigers for providing this opportunity to show support to Adam. Is anyone available to help out in this great cause?

http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php/40582-Stand-by-Goodes/page9

If clearance is granted, we will be more than happy to use our twitter account to help out. Brilliant gesture

Hi everyone,

Great idea and a fantastic initiative.

If clearance is granted, we will be more than happy to use our twitter account to help out. Brilliant gesture

Hi Robbie, thanks for the offer of support via BF twitter account. Turns out that enough volunteers have been found which is fantastic. Looking forward to seeing plenty of 37 tshirts tomorrow at the game spread around the scg.
S...Y...D...N...E...Y...
S...Y...D...N...E...Y...
S...Y...D...N...E...Y...

That was a dud, but the standing ovation at in the 3rd quarter, 7th minute was fantastic. Chills down the spine kind of stuff.
Yeah that was fantastic, as was the standing ovation from 37 seconds before the bounce.

Yeah probably not the best look turning your back on the poor Auskick kids.
According to the flyers it was supposed to be at the half time siren, not the whole break. The applause options were much better I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back