Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep Lebbo because la dolce's rant contained an awful lot of facts, didn't it.

Irony:oops:
I'm still waiting for a feminist to provide one single piece of evidence to support their deluded equality definition.

Further more it's not my rant. It's belongs to one of the endless number of women who were feminists because they believed it was about equality. Unlike the feminists on this board it didn't take them long to work out the equality argument is a blatant lie.

The real nutters are those who ignore the staggering amount of evidence that contradicts their own definition of feminism.

Last edited:
Irony:oops:
I'm still waiting for a feminist to provide one single piece of evidence to support their deluded equality definition.

Further more it's not my rant. It's belongs to one of the endless number of women who were feminists because they believed it was about equality. Unlike the feminists on this board it didn't take them long to work out the equality argument is a blatant lie.

The real nutters are those who ignore the staggering amount of evidence that contradicts their own definition of feminism.
Yep-but for the sake of veracity, do you have a link to this person who has a lot of unsubstantiated opinions please. I did note there wasn't a fact in sight in her little rant though. Not a skerrick of 'evidence'. Just someone having a bad day perhaps?

How? By discussing gamergate? This is not going away because you put your fingers in your ears. Believing in journalistic ethics does not equate to misogyny. What really convinced me on gamergate is that there are a lot of female gamers being admonished for supporting gamergate (misogyny) by male feminists! That speaks volumes about the integrity of the debate.

These are the journalists that were threatened online?

Kidd Vicious

The gamergaters have actually been pretty successful in their quest over the last year. Have been letting their opponents have enough rope to hang themselves. Most people who mock them do so from a position of ignorance. I believe the tagged poster fits the bill.
I've read a fair bit of the chat logs of the original 'raid' by those mra/4chan losers. That's all they are. Losers. And if you believe them, you are a loser.

Someone did a search of key words from those logs.

Bw3muPJIcAAo2UJ.jpg

I'd love to read some discussion of ethics in the games industry. But the only discussions I see come from 'SJW' sites. They've looked into working conditions, pay disputes at games retailers, costs and distribution. All I've seen from gamergate is rape threats, misogyny, racism. It's an extension of the adolescent male culture that sits around slinging s**t at each other online all day.

Anyone who believes gamergate has any interest in anything other than sexism, racism and homophobia needs to examine their own views on this issue.

Chances are that person is a racist sexist bigot.

Oh and in regards to gamer gate, they are clearly losing the battle. Female characters are flooding major games, and gender is being torn down. Homosexual relationships are becoming common.

They can make all the rape threats they want. They are losing. The attitude below is being exposed for the misogyny it is.

Fellas, some of you may already be aware of this issue that surrounds females moving more and more into gaming and changing male gaming culture to suit their PC and entitled selves. For those that aren't, watch these videos and learn. May it help you get up to speed with a couple of the issues involved, as well as helping you deal with inappropriate comments and attitudes from so-called/female gamers who'll pull the kind of s**t these videos depict during your social and/or online gaming experiences. May it help those of you males who're inclined toward being pussy-whipped, white-knight's, who put females on pedestals simply for having a vagina, to grow a pair and to stop defending the BS these so-called female gamers pull. For the sake of future games, gaming experiences and the male gaming culture of competitiveness and trash-talking, may we do our utmost to resist this PC/feminized intrusion that seeks conformity to their n00b ways, that will further dumb-down and homogenize gaming. It's been done enough since geek gaming culture became mainstream. It's time for blokes to stop being apathetic and silent when confronted with what the video depicts. By all means, women can be gamers along side us, but I, personally, won't stand for them being a part of our long-held culture if they're expecting us males to change our ways just to suit their sensibilities. If they don't like our culture, they can stomp off, whinging and cursing, all while I wave them goodbye and wave in the next competitor. Good gaming to you all!

There is only one man for this job

Classic Bundy
Can you imagine the outrage if a mainstream tv show depicted a humorous scene of a woman being assaulted in the genitals and face by a man and then bashed by a group of men? #feminism

Classic Bundy
Can you imagine the outrage if a mainstream tv show depicted a humorous scene of a woman being assaulted in the genitals and face by a man and then bashed by a group of men? #feminism
There would be a thread about 279 pages long and counting! ;)

Classic Bundy
What upsets you more. A fictitious character being 'assaulted' or actual women being murdered by their partners?

Can't find this silly rant on google. 'Erika' is entitled to her opinions but she's a bit light on facts. So who cares-just another nut on the internet.
Sounds like MRA propaganda! False flag blogging!

Last edited:
I've read a fair bit of the chat logs of the original 'raid' by those mra/4chan losers. That's all they are. Losers. And if you believe them, you are a loser.

Someone did a search of key words from those logs.

Bw3muPJIcAAo2UJ.jpg

I'd love to read some discussion of ethics in the games industry. But the only discussions I see come from 'SJW' sites. They've looked into working conditions, pay disputes at games retailers, costs and distribution. All I've seen from gamergate is rape threats, misogyny, racism. It's an extension of the adolescent male culture that sits around slinging s**t at each other online all day.

Anyone who believes gamergate has any interest in anything other than sexism, racism and homophobia needs to examine their own views on this issue.

Chances are that person is a racist sexist bigot.

That key word search looked pretty damning, so I found the text and checked it out myself. The numbers are correct, but include lots of instances of the word appearing in another word (e.g. grape and drape returning hits for rape), lots of repeat hits because someone has the word as their handle (******ron) and lots of uses of the words in a context that has nothing to do with Quinn or other women ("milk is also cow rape").

I just skimmed over it, but they just seem like some mildly unpleasant nerds goofing off on IRC, being politically incorrect, but not plotting to rape anyone or doing much abusing at all except jokingly toward each other. There's some bigoted comments (it is IRC) and maybe a couple of people who are pro-harrassment, but it's not the cesspit you'd imagine from looking at that keyword list.

I know a few people who used to post pro-gamergate stuff and have never considered them sexist, racist or homophobic. Actually one is black and another is bisexual.

On first read this is pretty ****ed up for the guy

http://www.unilad.co.uk/articles/te...who-lied-about-her-age-is-now-a-sex-offender/

Teenager Who Slept With A Girl Who Lied About Her Age Is Now A Sex Offender
BY : REBECCA KNIGHT | 8 AUGUST 2015 |

One 19 year old boy has seen his life destroyed after meeting a girl online and having sex with her, only to find out that she was underage.

Zach Anderson spent 90 days in jail and is now on two sex offenders registers in separate states after meeting the girl on app Hot or Not, with the girl claiming to be 17, but in reality only being 14.

In what has been deemed a deliberately harsh sentence, designed to make an example of him, the teenager from Indiana even saw the mother of the girl and the girl herself come forward to claim that she misled him and he believed her to be of age.

After the sentencing, Anderson now cannot live at home because his brother is 15, has lost all the work he did towards his computer science degree and has to be on a sex offenders register for the next 25 years.

The judge claimed:

You went online, to use a fisherman’s expression, trolling for women, to meet and have sex with. That seems to be part of our culture now. Meet, hookup, have sex, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behaviour.

There is a change.org petition to get all the charges dropped, something that the boy’s parents hope will happen, with 177,000 signatures already gathered.

The petition states:

In court, the girls parents didn’t just ask the judge to show Zach leniency, they called for the case against him to be dropped altogether.

Zach plead guilty but only because we were told he would be a candidate for Holmes Youthful Trainee Act status. The HYTA allows first-time offenders older than 17 but not yet 21 to avoid harsher penalties like the state-mandated 25-year listing on the sex offender registry.

Now Zach must live his life with a scarlet letter. He has to walk down the street and think: ‘Am I too close to a school? Is there a child who’s close to me? It’s not right and it’s not what the law was intended to do.

Big wtf at the judge's comments too.

Big wtf indeed but it's off-topic. Not really anything to do with feminism, just a crusty old judge who doesn't like modern standards of morality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't entirely fathom how anyone can read this thread without succumbing to Poe's law.

On ethics in 'video games journalism', what is anyone actually expecting? The profession to be held to the same standard as 'music journalism', 'film journalism', 'sports journalism'?

These fields were all established and sustained on the mutual transactions of promotion and free lunches.

What?
So???
Blacks and bisexuals can't be sexist, racist or homophobic???

They can but a black dude and an openly bi dude don't exactly fit the stereotype of a gamergater. There was actually an issue at the beginning of everything that some people genuinely cared about and it wasn't just trying to keep women out of the video game world.

They can but a black dude and an openly bi dude don't exactly fit the stereotype of a gamergater. There was actually an issue at the beginning of everything that some people genuinely cared about and it wasn't just trying to keep women out of the video game world.
What?

I know a few people who used to post pro-gamergate stuff and have never considered them sexist, racist or homophobic. Actually one is black and another is bisexual.
What is your actual point?

What?

What is your actual point?

Jason Kidd said "Anyone who believes gamergate has any interest in anything other than sexism, racism and homophobia needs to examine their own views on this issue.". My point is that, in my experience, that's horseshit and Mr Kidd is just giving the knee-jerk, socially acceptable response when the topic of gamergate comes up.

Jason Kidd said "Anyone who believes gamergate has any interest in anything other than sexism, racism and homophobia needs to examine their own views on this issue.". My point is that, in my experience, that's horseshit and Mr Kidd is just giving the knee-jerk, socially acceptable response when the topic of gamergate comes up.
So you are saying that if you're black or bisexual, you can't be racist, sexist or homophobic.
******* ridiculous stance.

And I've read a bit about gamergate on wikipedia. Don't understand how it's a feminism=bad thing.

So you are saying that if you're black or bisexual, you can't be racist, sexist or homophobic.
******* ridiculous stance.

What? No, I'm not saying that (see above post where I already said that I'm not saying that). I said "They can [be racist, sexist or homophobic] but a black dude and an openly bi dude don't exactly fit the stereotype of a gamergater. "

This was in response to Kidd saying that all gamergater sympathizers were those things. He made a dumb blanket comment and I was pointing out that his portrayal doesn't match my experience. I'm pretty sure you were able to follow that series of posts and you're just trolling, and now that I think of it, I think you've feigned stupidity on a few other occasions in the thread. I'm just going to put you on ignore to avoid further pointless interaction with you.

You've found a black dude and bi dude so that means that gamergate isnt a seething pile of sexism and misogyny?

Can you find me one genuine contribution they have made to video game ethics? They've targeted Kotaku. I can show you contributions they have made to video game ethics. I can show you feminist gamers who talk about unfair work practises (against men and women).

All gamer gate can show is a bunch of losers who send rape threats online because they haven't got the courage or skills to talk to an actual woman.

What? No, I'm not saying that (see above post where I already said that I'm not saying that). I said "They can [be racist, sexist or homophobic] but a black dude and an openly bi dude don't exactly fit the stereotype of a gamergater. "

This was in response to Kidd saying that all gamergater sympathizers were those things. He made a dumb blanket comment and I was pointing out that his portrayal doesn't match my experience. I'm pretty sure you were able to follow that series of posts and you're just trolling, and now that I think of it, I think you've feigned stupidity on a few other occasions in the thread. I'm just going to put you on ignore to avoid further pointless interaction with you.
No, you made a point in the same vein as "How can I be sexist, I love women".
I don't care if you put me on ignore, I will still call out your bullshit.
You join the other poster who has me on ignore, tesseract.
I'm sure it's not all you two have in common.

You've found a black dude and bi dude so that means that gamergate isnt a seething pile of sexism and misogyny?

Can you find me one genuine contribution they have made to video game ethics? They've targeted Kotaku. I can show you contributions they have made to video game ethics. I can show you feminist gamers who talk about unfair work practises (against men and women).

All gamer gate can show is a bunch of losers who send rape threats online because they haven't got the courage or skills to talk to an actual woman.
I don't know a lot about gamergate. But I can't see any reason to defend or support those nutters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back