What should be done regarding our logo?

• Total voters

aneale

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have no doubt that the new crow on the training gear and stationery and now another on the WFAO stuff suggests that there is a new logo coming.

Possibly just held off to nor make too many changes in one season like some sort of panic.

But with the crest being used to advertise the SANFL side, the WFAO logo around the ground, the original shield for the 25th year and the new crow on merch it's obvious that the raptor head has been parked. I'd prefer a AFC logo like on the hats over raptor head.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have no doubt that the new crow on the training gear and stationery and now another on the WFAO stuff suggests that there is a new logo coming.

Possibly just held off to nor make too many changes in one season like some sort of panic.

But with the crest being used to advertise the SANFL side, the WFAO logo around the ground, the original shield for the 25th year and the new crow on merch it's obvious that the raptor head has been parked. I'd prefer a AFC logo like on the hats over raptor head.
i don't think there is a new logo on the way.

Not necessarily that it won't be put on the agenda but Fagan has been pretty clear we have bigger issues. Yes it seems we want to use these other images but I don't think it is because we are holding back a new logo. I think its definitely part of rebranding the clubs image and a new logo may be developed but I wouldnt be holding my breath for that to be the next step as in in the next season (or even 2 years)

Maybe by 2018, 2017 at best

aneale

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
i don't think there is a new logo on the way.

Not necessarily that it won't be put on the agenda but Fagan has been pretty clear we have bigger issues. Yes it seems we want to use these other images but I don't think it is because we are holding back a new logo. I think its definitely part of rebranding the clubs image and a new logo may be developed but I wouldnt be holding my breath for that to be the next step as in in the next season (or even 2 years)

Maybe by 2018, 2017 at best
I'd agree, but what they are doing from a pure business sense is confusing and bordering on unprofessional. I think Fagan will let Walsh do what he needs to do in the football dept and he will do what needs to be done from a business POV like what Kochie/KT is doing at Port - it will happen before 2017/2018. They can't continue to get spanked off field.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd agree, but what they are doing from a pure business sense is confusing and bordering on unprofessional. I think Fagan will let Walsh do what he needs to do in the football dept and he will do what needs to be done from a business POV like what Kochie/KT is doing at Port - it will happen before 2017/2018. They can't continue to get spanked off field.
I'm thinking 17/18 as I dont think that they have started the process to design a new logo so to do that and implement the steps required to roll it out will take time.

In the meantime we have a logo but the club looks like it will use different "crow" imagery around that

I agree we can't use too many logos, but varied imagery like the crow on the WFA1 stuff is fine. Also the "new" crow on the training jumper/members packs can be seen as an extension of the current logo IMO as it is actually quite similar in the head.

matty p

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
With the news about the new clash guernsey, the success of #weflyasone and the club having a clear direction for the first time in many years, I think it's again time to open up the debate regarding a new logo. The current cartoon logo is completely inconsistent with the direction the club is heading. So what do we want?

What would people think if we used the new streamlined Crow at the top of the We Fly As One poster as part of our new logo? We could even adapt most of the We Fly As One poster into a decent logo. (Sidenote: How ridiculous and out of place does the current cartoon logo look on the poster!)

121503_d64e5c03d95457d7c259e000662baefe.png

With the news about the new clash guernsey, the success of #weflyasone and the club having a clear direction for the first time in many years, I think it's again time to open up the debate regarding a new logo. The current cartoon logo is completely inconsistent with the direction the club is heading. So what do we want?

What would people think if we used the new streamlined Crow at the top of the We Fly As One poster as part of our new logo? We could even adapt most of the We Fly As One poster into a decent logo. (Sidenote: How ridiculous and out of place does the current cartoon logo look on the poster!)

121503_d64e5c03d95457d7c259e000662baefe.png

The Crow at the top looks a little more realistic and "dark".

I think if we were to get a new logo, having it fly would be a good idea considering that's our current brand.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Barely see the "Sonic the Hedgehog" logo anymore at games.

The "darker" crow has taken precedence. Also like the way the crow is used at the start of the Youtube clips.

Club could easily scrap the "Sonic" logo for next year, use our traditional logo (Which is still used on some letterhead) and keep the same signage and video images used at games.

Or for a new logo, the crow in the WFAO signage would work well. A nice simple silhouette.

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the current logo isn't great but it does look alright in all black or the black and gold hat. One problem they could quickly and cheaply phase in until we change would be darkening the colours and slightly altering the beak.

Last edited:

Tex Support

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Houston, UT Longhorns

100% agree with the bolded, and was thinking that to myself just the other day. Great post.

"Flying" crows must be our symbol now. Maybe an updated/re-worked version of our original logo?

Its a bird FFS, not a computer game dinosaur. Get it done Fages.

(Sidenote: How ridiculous and out of place does the current cartoon logo look on the poster!)

That's a really good point and I agree, it shows the failings of that logo. I don't think the crow atop the "we fly as one" script is the answer though. It's too generic to be a standalone brand mark. Works fine as a part of a campaign but that would be it in my opinion.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I don't think the crow atop the "we fly as one" script is the answer though. It's too generic to be a standalone brand mark. Works fine as a part of a campaign but that would be it in my opinion.

Yep I agree

It's interesting - When the logo first got changed I hated it (and still do) but I wanted the old logo back.
Looking at the old logo now, however, and I think I can see why they felt the need to change it. Too bad they just went the wrong direction

CIDA

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's a really good point and I agree, it shows the failings of that logo. I don't think the crow atop the "we fly as one" script is the answer though. It's too generic to be a standalone brand mark. Works fine as a part of a campaign but that would be it in my opinion.

How would you approach the redesign? Would a crow even need to be the focal point or is it well utilised enough throughout the campaign artwork?

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the current logo isn't great but it does look alright in all black or the black and gold hat. One problem they could quickly and cheeky phase in until we change would be darkening the colours and slightly altering the beak.
agree with this a lot.

In fact the beak really only looks as bad as it does because the light colour and dark outline over accentuates the curve. All dark and suddenly its not so bad

May 25, 2009
Back in S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sporting Clube de Portugal

Now that you mention it; our admin did have a "looney tunes" feel to it under Trigg...

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
would much prefer a crow in profile in some way or another, that's one thing that has actually been consistent so far and I'd like to keep it that way.

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just a quick schematic for the sake of argument. I would love to see this. It's more distinguished.View attachment 162648
I like that shield. It's classy, and as I have said before, a club that is 25 years old can use a shield without appearing 'fake retro'. I also like the increased use of the monogram on hats and such.

Back