West Perth Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They are threatening to expel us from the finals if we don't comply.

Backed by the other WAFL clubs.

I heard tha this morning, WTF!! Surley they can't do that! The other clubs are a bunch of campaigners too for agreeing with it. I reckon it's mainly Subi, they're s**t scared that we're the only team that can beat them this year.

Also, it seems really childish from channel 7 POV. It'd be like the AFL refusing to televise Geelong games, because they're sponsored by Ford, when Toyota sponsors the AFL.

I heard tha this morning, WTF!! Surley they can't do that! The other clubs are a bunch of campaigners too for agreeing with it. I reckon it's mainly Subi, they're s**t scared that we're the only team that can beat them this year.

Also, it seems really childish from channel 7 POV. It'd be like the AFL refusing to televise Geelong games, because they're sponsored by Ford, when Toyota sponsors the AFL.

It will be
Subi, Northern corridor rival
East Perth: WAFC utensil suckers
Peel: WAFC **********s
Claremont: Western suburbs WAFC old school tie
Perth:facing certain death.

The Freo sides and Swans? no idea but there will be WAFC arm twisting all the way.

**** that noise. Short sighted spineless behaviour from the other WAFL clubs.

The other clubs are in a no win situation and caught in the middle. They'll hate the fact that the coverage of the finals series, including their games, may be compromised by this boycott. Additionally, as farcical as this situation is, it's not their fight. Most WAFL clubs are struggling enough already, they need to look after themselves firstly.

What this does show is that the WAFL have displayed a clear lack of competency and leadership throughout this mess.

FWIW, I side with West Perth regarding this issue. However, I can understand the view of C7 and the other WAFL clubs. The WAFL have made a right mess of this. They've basically created 3 divisions with quite reasonable but incompatible positions.

The other clubs are in a no win situation and caught in the middle. They'll hate the fact that the coverage of the finals series, including their games, may be compromised by this boycott. Additionally, as farcical as this situation is, it's not their fight. Most WAFL clubs are struggling enough already, they need to look after themselves firstly.

What this does show is that the WAFL have displayed a clear lack of competency and leadership throughout this mess.

FWIW, I side with West Perth regarding this issue. However, I can understand the view of C7 and the other WAFL clubs. The WAFL have made a right mess of this. They've basically created 3 divisions with quite reasonable but incompatible positions.

Good post Unders.:thumbsu:

But we're gonna smash you Saturday!!:D

Good post Unders.:thumbsu:

But we're gonna smash you Saturday!!:D
It won't matter, because we will kick you out of the finals anyway!

Nah, seriously, if Toyota can sponsor the AFL and Jeep, Mazda, VW, Skoda can sponsor individual teams I don't see the problem.

...and Hyundai.

...and didn't Holden sponsor the Pies?
Yes and of course Ford, for Geelong.

Just points towards incompetence and lack of spine of the highest order.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WAFC are nothing more than whores who trick themselves out to the highest bidder.

If the WAFL allow this to happen , footy can GAGF. I've had enough of the hypocrisy at all levels of administration.

It won't matter, because we will kick you out of the finals anyway!

Nah, seriously, if Toyota can sponsor the AFL and Jeep, Mazda, VW, Skoda can sponsor individual teams I don't see the problem.
The AFL has bargaining power. They can comfortably go to Toyota, "this is what you get for your sponsorship dollar and note that clubs have individual arrangements". If Toyota pass, they'll have other major sponsors ready to go.

The WAFC had no bargaining power. Given the low ratings and investment, I can understand C7 wanting exclusive rights.

The AFL has bargaining power. They can comfortably go to Toyota, "this is what you get for your sponsorship dollar and note that clubs have individual arrangements". If Toyota pass, they'll have other major sponsors ready to go.

The WAFC had no bargaining power. Given the low ratings and investment, I can understand C7 wanting exclusive rights.

What investment?

Channel 7 are being paid to broadcast.

The arrangement was in place before Channel 7 had the rights.

Channel 7 had logo's on their jumper when the ABC were broadcasting.

What investment?

Channel 7 are being paid to broadcast.

The arrangement was in place before Channel 7 had the rights.

Channel 7 had logo's on their jumper when the ABC were broadcasting.
The fact we pay them just shows how little power WAFC have and how unimportant the broadcast deal is to C7. Even if we make the broadcasting of the games cost neutral (I suspect the WAFC is more subsidising than neutralising), there is a lot more to investing in a product than how much it costs.

Very childish, I'm sure a compromise can be made.

Who were those turkeys who complained about the ABC coverage, for many years ?.

I agree that alot of the WAFL clubs are caught in a no win situation. Stokes and Co are school yard bullies.

Diplomacy should be on show, .................. I can't see it at present.

The fact we pay them just shows how little power WAFC have and how unimportant the broadcast deal is to C7. Even if we make the broadcasting of the games cost neutral (I suspect the WAFC is more subsidising than neutralising), there is a lot more to investing in a product than how much it costs.

Gawd in this day and age why arent we streaming it - id happily pay for a stream - and the wafl could make a little money instead of spending it

In what matter we had a very easy win yesterday. Decent atmosphere at the Arena for once. Running out of most beers by quarter time was a rookie error though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back