Workshop Port Adelaide's perfect logo

What does anyone have to gain from changing anything?

I don't understand how a hypothetical question turned into the standard Harold holt.
What disappeared here?
Maybe the magpies should be called the power?
Would work and it would rub out an identity crisis. But I don't think they want to rub out away 145 years of history.
Not sure why your club never dropped the magpies and power monikers when they officially joined as one and just went with PORT ADELAIDE UNITED FC?
To soccery. We have joined but we should have both teams called PAFC/Port Adelaide FC.

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
What does anyone have to gain from changing anything?

I don't understand how a hypothetical question turned into the standard Harold holt.
Better branding, but Port don't really need that considering they would be one of the better branded clubs in the league, so a changed logo, unless it's much better than either of the current both in relevancy and aesthetically, isn't needed in this case.
To0 soccery. We have joined but we should have both teams called PAFC/Port Adelaide FC.
no body really refers to Port as the Power anyway,everyone knows them as Port or Port Adelaide. I don't see a need to drop either moniker, as-is is fine.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Power is used a lot. Port Power very rarely now.

Would work and it would rub out an identity crisis. But I don't think they want to rub out away 145 years of history.
There is no identity crisis
To soccery. We have joined but we should have both teams called PAFC/Port Adelaide FC.
The club is Port Adelaide m8. The teams have different monikers but it has zero bearing on anything.

I made this logo. The quality is better than the old one.
upload_2015-8-22_20-49-10.png

upload_2015-8-22_20-41-25.png

Last edited:
Niceeeee.

What would it look like at the bottom if it was

in smaller font in the same spot?
I assume you mean like this. Looked bare at the bottom so I added stars. 1 Star for 10 premierships (not including Championship of Australia titles).
upload_2015-8-22_21-25-49.png

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol at the Black Power fist in some of these concepts. People have been trying it on here for years and it'll never happen, way too rooted in politics and race to ever have a place on a sporting logo across the other side of the world.

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lol at the Black Power fist in some of these concepts. People have been trying it on here for years and it'll never happen, way too rooted in politics and race to ever have a place on a sporting logo across the other side of the world.
I often wonder what an American would think of a team called 'power' with a fist for a logo.

Nedland

Forward Pocket
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
This is just my opinion but I do think Port missed out on an enormous opportunity when joining the AFL to embrace their history by using the pre Magpies nickname of the Magentas. They could have kept the prison bar jumper but made the 'stripes' magenta as to appease Collingwood

SgtSchulz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2014
Bob McLean Sportsbar
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Mark Webber
This is just my opinion but I do think Port missed out on an enormous opportunity when joining the AFL to embrace their history by using the pre Magpies nickname of the Magentas. They could have kept the prison bar jumper but made the 'stripes' magenta as to appease Collingwood
Mm nah

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Currently the club has two logos, one for Power and one for Magpies, and in many cases they are used together to indicate the club as a whole as opposed to one individual team or the other.
If they wanted to continue down this road they could "align" the branding to have consistent logos, similar to how most of the state cricket associations now use the same shield shape and the NRL programmes as use the same logo as a basis:
Port-Adelaide-logo-1997.gif
33nb2no.jpg

Use the same name above each (PORT ADELAIDE in similar fashion to the "Port Power" but with "Port" being big and "Adelaide" smaller.
Consistency of the brand whilst keeping the two identities of the teams.
EDIT: Thanks to whomever it was on the request thread who did me up the Magpie one late last season.

Last edited:
Back