Preview Round 22 Changes vs. Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Duffield come back in and play a forward role? Could be handy on the forward flank with his marking ability, experience and foot skills into F50

He had two shots at goal from 40m out on weekend for Peel and missed both nearly in front.

It is what it is now to late to start make changes, win with who is playing or it's done till next year when have to start giving the younger guys a go.

I put myself through it.

Such a stressful season. The first 8 weeks were amazing but the last 2 months have been painful to watch. Watching the Eagles surge while we screech to a grinding halt have been tough. All will be good if we turn it on come September but really can't see it happening. On the plus side my garden is looking great.

Such a stressful season. The first 8 weeks were amazing but the last 2 months have been painful to watch. Watching the Eagles surge while we screech to a grinding halt have been tough. All will be good if we turn it on come September but really can't see it happening. On the plus side my garden is looking great.

I tend to be a bit of an optimist.

As Ross says.."it's never as bad is it seems or as it good as it seems"

I tend to be a bit of an optimist.

As Ross says.."it's never as bad is it seems or as it good as it seems"
I agree with this. We seem to be playing a quarter or two with good play and then go back to a status quo type game plan. I take solace in our first quarters against the Saints and Kangaroos. It is almost like we are showing what we want to do (to get a lead) and then Lyon just goes back to basics (which the players screw up).

Sadly I am right off Crozier now and will now head the welcome back committee for Ballas the moment he is available and I pledge to shut up about his form because it is clear that he still gives more than others even when out of form. You know this is true because of the delight of the opposition supporters when they know he is unavailable for Freo.

Sadly I am right off Crozier now and will now head the welcome back committee for Ballas the moment he is available and I pledge to shut up about his form because it is clear that he still gives more than others even when out of form. You know this is true because of the delight of the opposition supporters when they know he is unavailable for Freo.

If nothing else Ballas is a presence out there, the opposition still concern themselves with him. The same can't be said of some that are out there at the moment.

OUT: Kicking less than 100+ points against bottom 6 teams
IN: Skills and confidence

at this rate I can't see any clear options to make us substantially better. Just need our current players to lift if anything.

I'd like to see 4 changes for this game but it aint going to happen.

Danyle, Crozier, De Boer and Mzungu should all go.

Weller and Langdon should be given a chance. Clancee and Duffield couldn't possibly be worse than De Boer and Mzungu and both can kick.

I'm on record in saying that I'm not a huge fan of Max Duffy but does anyone else think maybe its a good week to give him a run at it this week (and if he performs R23 as well) to see if he can provide us with some X-Factor in the interim while we wait for #1.

I'm on record in saying that I'm not a huge fan of Max Duffy but does anyone else think maybe its a good week to give him a run at it this week (and if he performs R23 as well) to see if he can provide us with some X-Factor in the interim while we wait for #1.
How many times have you seen him play for Peel this season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious? I can't remember a footy season ever in WA that's had so many wet games!

I remember there were season after season where we had little or no rain during games. It seemed for a while, at least in the early days, the only time it rained was at the WACA. Perhaps that's just a myth but I can't remember a season where we've played in the wet so often.

I remember there were season after season where we had little or no rain during games. It seemed for a while, at least in the early days, the only time it rained was at the WACA. Perhaps that's just a myth but I can't remember a season where we've played in the wet so often.
I was a member when I lived in Perf for around 02 to 2011 and maybe my memory is bad but I reckon I could count on 1 hand the amount of games where we had any significant amount of rain.

Could Duffield come back in and play a forward role? Could be handy on the forward flank with his marking ability, experience and foot skills into F50
Not sure what marking ability you're referring too tbh. Duffield comes in to replace Sheridan/Sutty that's it. Yes he has great kicking, but the flipside is he isn't the hardest at the ball, which what we needed up forward most of the time.

Honestly thought de Boer wasn't too bad as the sub, took a contested mark, won contested ball, but nothing special as usual. Mzungu was horrid, he made several mistakes, I'd expect him to be ommited in place of Clancee. Clancee's ball use at peel hasn't given me any confidence in his return but his contribution at the start of season has been dearly missed and we need his bullet kicks back. Sheridan had a shocker but in no way does he deserve to be dropped from his game prior to the North game, Gu should've been subbed in the context that if Sheridan DID find some run and carry we actually had a chance, instead of Gu coughing the ball up with his half ass attempts and offers no flair.

Langdon deserves a shot, anyone who watches Peel knows his disposal is top notch (apart from that terrible pass to an East Perth player the previous week), and he can also give us run.

In my opinion;
Out: Mzungu, D. Pearce
In: Clancee, Langdon
Sub: Crozier unfortunately

We should beat Melbourne this week with ease (and if we don't, then we don't deserve a premiership) and I'm tipping Adelaide to knock over West Coast. If this occurs we have top spot locked and can send Peel to Adelaide in round 23. Give Pav another week off to fix up his achilles, he shouldn't need too play another game until the first final. I'm disappointed in Crozier, you can just tell that he has so much potential, he just isn't doing himself any favours by not performing optimally week after week. I'm really looking forward to Ballantynes return.

Not sure what marking ability you're referring too tbh. Duffield comes in to replace Sheridan/Sutty that's it. Yes he has great kicking, but the flipside is he isn't the hardest at the ball, which what we needed up forward most of the time.

Agree regarding Duff up forward but he could replace D Pearce. He's not hard at all and can't kick for s**t at the moment. He's in the team for run and skill but giving us zero. Duffield would be no worse.

The more I think about this season, the more I think that Tabs should play...even though by all reports his WAFL form hasnt been great.
Looking back over the season, our forward line looked to be functioning better with him in it....Maybe it was the leads up the ground that drew defenders, leaving our forward line a little more open. Maybe the drawing away of an extra man up against Pav...

The more I think about this season, the more I think that Tabs should play...even though by all reports his WAFL form hasnt been great.
Looking back over the season, our forward line looked to be functioning better with him in it....Maybe it was the leads up the ground that drew defenders, leaving our forward line a little more open. Maybe the drawing away of an extra man up against Pav...
The one thing that Tabs offers consistently is run and he will most likely beat his man back to the goal square and do it for 4 quarters.

I tend to agree, just can't really figure out how to work it.

Do we play him and AP forward together?
Do we send AP back and drop Zac?
Does AP get the chop?

Mzungu is a fringe player and playing like one. No surprises.

Barlow is a huge concern, too slow and missed a lot of targets.

Being used incorrectly. Barlow is a midfield extractor like Priddis. He shouldn't be expected to break lines and deliver them lace out. That's never been his game.

I tend to agree, just can't really figure out how to work it.

Do we play him and AP forward together?
Do we send AP back and drop Zac?
Does AP get the chop?
I would think Tab and Pav up forward. AP back in defense....He can play tall or short back there.
Looking purely at stats...In the games we won quite convincingly early on, such as WCE, Melb. ,Dogs and North, he had 7 and 6 marks per game...Useful.

Out: De Boer, Suban, Mayne, Mzungu, Crozier
In: Pavlich, C. Pearce, Duffield, Langdon, Duffy.

Out: Guys with no skills.
In: Guys with skills.

(+ Crozier out for Duffy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back