Food/Supplements Meals and Recipes Thread

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
So I had a snoop around and can't find any thread dedicated to nutritional meals and recipes. I think it would be nice if we had a place where posters of all nutritional walks of life are allowed to post up there wares (preferably without pot shots taken from opposing camps). This allows posters who share their nutritional ethos to add extra recipes to their repertoire and also gives newbies an insight into our passion for the meal plans we follow.

I'll get the ball rolling with some of my LCHF/Keto/Primal/Banting recipes

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Protein Pancakes
50g of oats
1 full egg
30g of WPI

Blend oats and mix with WPI.

Add egg and water. Mix together and pour into fry pan.

Top with 100g of mixed berries and 20g of honey

Macros - 41.4g protein 10.5g fat 56g carb 484 calories.

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Protein Pancakes
50g of oats
1 full egg
30g of WPI

Blend oats and mix with WPI.

Add egg and water. Mix together and pour into fry pan.

Top with 100g of mixed berries and 20g of honey

Macros - 41.4g protein 10.5g fat 56g carb 484 calories.
I'm currently looking for and experimenting with a keto pancake recipe.

They'll most probably be a little bland but I'm going to top them with a chocolate ganache that is seriously hnng

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I'm currently looking for and experimenting with a keto pancake recipe.

They'll most probably be a little bland but I'm going to top them with a chocolate ganache that is seriously hnng
Pwoar, these worked out a treat. I'll post up pics and recipe tomorrow (my time)

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
This 3-egg omelette is one of my staples. Filling is bacon, cheese, avocado, olives, onion, and mushroom.

Served with homemade sauerkraut and pork scotch with hot English mustard.

20150827_1247281_zpsm1o5zado.jpg

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
I might give this one a go tonight. I haven't tried cooking anything with mince for probably a year now, back when I stopped eating pasta.

I should start experimenting with mince a bit, it's a nice cheap source of meat.

I quite like doing meatballs of any description.
Especially curried one.

Usually mix in spices and, Garlic and ginger and some egg, with coriander and nuts like cashew or pistachio.
Then make a rich sauce using ghee and coconut cream, lemon juice and some diced tomatoes...goes good

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
This is another of my staples: big salad with the lot - bacon, cheese, fried egg, broccoli, avocado, olives, mushroom, onion, capsicum and carrot.

Dressing is a homemade job of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and hot English mustard.

Homemade sweet potato fries and sauerkraut on the side.

20150828_1233101_zpslb84qfyf.jpg

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Mexican chilli beef with crispy grilled cheese and guacamole

1954 cals 128g Fat (59%) 24g carbs (5%) and 173g protein (36%)

Full recipe http://thefitpublican.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/chilli-beef-with-aged-cheddar-and.html

Follow away my friend :):thumbsu:

Can confirm this is pretty delicious. Next time I'll add bacon to ramp up the awesomeness even more.

I reckon I could happily go a 1:1 ratio with cheese too. Felt like I put shitloads on and I still wanted more! I think I might have a cheese addiction.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
This is another of my staples: big salad with the lot - bacon, cheese, fried egg, broccoli, avocado, olives, mushroom, onion, capsicum and carrot.

Dressing is a homemade job of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and hot English mustard.

Homemade sweet potato fries and sauerkraut on the side.

20150828_1233101_zpslb84qfyf.jpg

As much as I try I can never get sweet potato chips crispy. Any hints?

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
As much as I try I can never get sweet potato chips crispy. Any hints?

I have one of these awesome air fryers. (Well my housemate does, but I'll be investing in one if he ever moves out. Couldn't live without one now)

I just coat them in olive oil and it cooks them perfectly every time in 12 minutes.

I make cauliflower rice all the time (had it tonight) and do it in a food processor. Doing it like above is OK, but it's hard to get all the water out and the texture isn't anywhere near as good. I've found if doing a small amount I'll just chop it up finely, it ends up tasting the same as if I did it in a food processor anyway.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Breakfast this morning was:
Fried onion, garlic, and bacon and fennel seed/ and cracked pepper, then add in half a punnet mushies, a bunch of rough chopped asparagus and a chopped tomato...Bit of chopped parsley at the end.

Does enough for two people. was good...had run out eggs, otherwise a fried one on top

Back