Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

congrats to all who are achieving their goals.

i am trying to lose weight myself, however fluctuate between 77 and 78. it depends if i eat dinner before weigh in too. ive embarked on more strenuous program to work out the back and legs to encourage more fat burning. i have 10 sessions to achieve a 5-6% loss in fat, however much that is

congrats to all who are achieving their goals.

i am trying to lose weight myself, however fluctuate between 77 and 78. it depends if i eat dinner before weigh in too. ive embarked on more strenuous program to work out the back and legs to encourage more fat burning. i have 10 sessions to achieve a 5-6% loss in fat, however much that is
How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

Might as well chuck my profile up.

Height:186cm

Weight: 95 kg's (down from 122 but aiming for 85)

Body fat is around 20%

I've always been overweight but have also always been quite muscular without having to do much
I have a fairly mesomorphic build and have found the weight loss to be quite simple, the next 10kg's I expect to work for though.

I have no aspirations of ever stepping on stage and I'm more after a functional body than just packing on as much muscle as possible.

Last edited:
I've been trying to pick up the cardio and generally only hit the weights two/three times a week. My diet is somewhat decent and I have a fairly labour intensive job, would it be realistic to aim for another 10kg's by years end? going off of my profile. Also, does anyone have some good tips for getting rid of stretch marks?

I can imagine you have a pretty solid build then, with that weight at that height.

depends what solid is haha. mostly in my legs and arse. bit of flab around waist. little chest to speak of, arms ok (not toned but there are muscles there)

It's been a while, so just a little progress pic from nearly 3 years ago to last week, I've put on 11kg since the first pic and it is also a reminder to myself to not let the scales dictate how I feel about my body. I may be 11kg heavier but heck I feel so much better about myself.

After not being able to do legs for 6 months I started all over again about 16 weeks ago, my back squat is back up to 72.5kg x 5 and I did 300kg x 8 on the leg press last week.

Starting a cut at the moment and hoping to get to about 59kg, I really don't want to lose any muscle.

View attachment 165939

Holy s**t, look at those biceps.

Give us your typical arm work out? My mrs is naturally defined in the arms but lacks that kind of thickness. Congrats!

Well its been 4 weeks since my comp. I am glad i did the comps, but glad they are over, i think i will compete again next year, the majority of comps in Victoria are in the first half of the year so i could look at doing a few comps in the first half of the year. One of things i will change going into next year, is to remain leaner, instead of dieting for 20 weeks and dropping 18 kgs, i will try and remain leanish with only needing to diet for 10-12 weeks and drop 8-10kgs.

So currently i am weighing in around 85-86kg. Fair to say post comp, i gorged a fair bit, the week after i was in Alice for a family holiday and zero f@*ks where given to what i ate. But since i returned home i've got back into my routine of regular meals, training and i am back playing footy again which is an enjoyable form of cardio.

Eating around 3000 calories a day (spread over 5 meals a day);
250g protein
70g fat
345g carb

Saturday nights i will a cheat meal so burger and chips plus ice cream, eat till i'm full/satisfied but not bursting at the seems.

Training wise, i've been mixing my rep ranges from week to week. I've since bought Neil Hill's Y3T edition 2 which i am currently reading. Post footy season i will give this a run for 12 weeks in lead up to Christmas. Post footy season i will do twice a day for 4 weeks.

My training looks like this;

Monday - Back/triceps
Tuesday - Legs/shoudlers
Wednesday - chest
Thursday - back/legs
Friday - Biceps/triceps/shoulders
Saturday - footy
Sunday - chest/biceps

(5 exercises for back/legs/chest on a given day. 3 exercises for shoulders/arms) Calves are done whenever i have a shorter workout but at least twice a week)

Week one - 3 sets x 15-25 reps
Week two - 4 sets x 8-12 reps
Week three - 5 sets x 3-5 reps

I have found i've really enjoyed the 15-25 rep range, i think next weeks cycle i will change the rep ranges slightly.

Week one - 3 sets x 25-40
Week two - 4 sets x 12-18
Week three - 5 sets 6-10

Looking to maintain body weight around 83-84kg through footy season. When i train twice a day i will start off on 4000 calories a day with the intention to bulk up, then when i'm doing Y3T for 12 weeks and cut leading into summer which i try and remain lean through Christmas and be 10 weeks of contest shape for the new year.

Dude, where are you fitting in your cardio?

I'm sitting at 176cm and 76kgs, basically got to my goal weight ( 10% BF ).

I was training ad-lib for compound, just really hitting exercises I was missing but my routine is -

Monday - 4km cardio morning ( 17mins completed ) 500mtr warm up 500mtr walm down - PM Chest ( ad-lib)
Tuesday - 3km cardio morning ( 400mtrs hard 200mtrs jog ) - PM Shoulders/back
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - combine arms and cardio, so would complete 2 x arms followed by 1km in 4 mins, I did 3 sets of this
Friday - Back
Saturday/Sunday - either or will be a rest day and the other day I will just complete what i think I need to do.

I am thinking of changing training styles and testing my body again with a heavily focussed protein diet, something like a 250g P/ 80g fat/ 350g carbs

Any routines you recommend?

Holy s**t, look at those biceps.

Give us your typical arm work out? My mrs is naturally defined in the arms but lacks that kind of thickness. Congrats!

Haha thanks!

I'm doing a 12 week muscle building program at the moment so each week my bi's/tri's session has been different, but, a typical arm workout is a mixture of barbell curls, ez bar curls, incline dumbbell curls, skull crushers, hammer curls, tri pushdowns, weighted dips and tri extensions.

Also I change my reps up week to week, some weeks I only go 8 - 12 reps while other weeks it's pyramid training (30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 5, 10, 15 etc).

Also if you want to grow biceps you need to eat, hence the 11kg I've put on haha.

Worth mentioning I don't do any cardio.

Dude, where are you fitting in your cardio?

I'm sitting at 176cm and 76kgs, basically got to my goal weight ( 10% BF ).

I was training ad-lib for compound, just really hitting exercises I was missing but my routine is -

Monday - 4km cardio morning ( 17mins completed ) 500mtr warm up 500mtr walm down - PM Chest ( ad-lib)
Tuesday - 3km cardio morning ( 400mtrs hard 200mtrs jog ) - PM Shoulders/back
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - combine arms and cardio, so would complete 2 x arms followed by 1km in 4 mins, I did 3 sets of this
Friday - Back
Saturday/Sunday - either or will be a rest day and the other day I will just complete what i think I need to do.

I am thinking of changing training styles and testing my body again with a heavily focussed protein diet, something like a 250g P/ 80g fat/ 350g carbs

Any routines you recommend?

I train in the mornings so Tuesday night i will go for a 3-5km run, Thursday night i have footy training and Saturday i play footy so thats my 3 cardio sessions a week. Cardio well give you weight loss, but prefer to focus on weight training with little amount of cardio to lose body FAT and maintain muscle. Diet is key, eating less food is easier than running for hours on end each week.

How many times do you train a week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I train in the mornings so Tuesday night i will go for a 3-5km run, Thursday night i have footy training and Saturday i play footy so thats my 3 cardio sessions a week. Cardio well give you weight loss, but prefer to focus on weight training with little amount of cardio to lose body FAT and maintain muscle. Diet is key, eating less food is easier than running for hours on end each week.

I retired mid season with footy, 30 and body screwed.

I train 5-6 days a week but have many days when I do my cardio and strength work on the same day so if you take that into account combined around 10 sessions per week.

I'm gonna ease off on the cardio from 4-5 times a week to 2-3.

I def don't eat enough protein, as I'm on the road it gets difficult. I do try and prep some chicken but I can't heat it up, I always grab a 45g protein bar and a few cans of tuna then have eggs and protein shakes when I'm home.

You've done well to compete and still play footy! How's your aerobic in games?

I def don't eat enough protein, as I'm on the road it gets difficult. I do try and prep some chicken but I can't heat it up, I always grab a 45g protein bar and a few cans of tuna then have eggs and protein shakes when I'm home.

You've done well to compete and still play footy! How's your aerobic in games?

When i was training pre comp, i was doing 50-70 mins walk every morning and then train at the gym at night. But outside of training pre comp or footy i will cut cardio right back. Personally i feel a lot of cardio is only important if you play an aerobic sport like footy or soccer or you are training for a fun etc.

I had two weeks between my comp and first game of footy, i put on a few kgs pretty quickly but didn't find it to hard to get back into footy after a 2 games to get as close as possible to match fitness. I was only playing reserves so not a super high standard, but enjoyed playing half a year.

As for protein, i'm lucky i work in an office full time so most of the time i can put my meals in a fridge and heat them up, i do a few site visit for my work so sometimes i just eat my meal cold or have a protein bar. Don't protein intake isn't so much about timing as it is over the duration of a day. Meaning if you have to eat overs and dinner to catch up your body won't ignore it like some of the brahs in the industry will have you believe.

so how about protein supplements? havent been told to get some, but have spoken to some in fitness industry who say i can try them if i want. dunno where to start. so many bright colours on the packaging!

Bulk nutrients.....WPI, creatine and BCAA's.....done!

those are big words that i fail at.

you're suggesting some form of bulk nutrient? is that like a multi vitamin in the muscle gaining world?

haha no, sorry should of elaborated further.

A supplements company called Bulknutrients (google them) they are based in tassie. Great products and very good pricing, only $7 shipping.

All you will need is Whey Protein Isolate, Creatine and Branch Chain Amino Acids, maybe some pre work out to mix with your branch chain amino acids as they taste like rubbish on their own.

haha no, sorry should of elaborated further.

A supplements company called Bulknutrients (google them) they are based in tassie. Great products and very good pricing, only $7 shipping.

All you will need is Whey Protein Isolate, Creatine and Branch Chain Amino Acids, maybe some pre work out to mix with your branch chain amino acids as they taste like rubbish on their own.

gratitude. i am currently speaking to them and learning a bit more. i am comparing whey protein isolate against the gold standard of optimum brand. i learned they arent comparable. anyway, for am amateur, cost is important and your recommendation is influential given i dont think the extra bits in the optimum brand can justify the extra cost for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back