Mega Thread All things positive (the Rainbow connection) thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A friend of mine, (who is usually spot on), said early days that he dosent rate christian salem. Im more than happy to say today that he was WRONG!

A friend of mine, (who is usually spot on), said early days that he dosent rate christian salem. Im more than happy to say today that he was WRONG!

Salem's looked the goods since he came to the club. Elite kick, intelligent decision maker, strong overhead, tough, versatile and serious X factor. Your mate needs his eyes checked.

Salem's looked the goods since he came to the club. Elite kick, intelligent decision maker, strong overhead, tough, versatile and serious X factor. Your mate needs his eyes checked.

Ability as a footballer was obvious from his first game.

I thought those days were behind us. Evidently not, for some.
Hey, if you read my posts, I've been saying all year about how we should forget about draft position and focus on effort and winning. Change our culture to a winning one that hates losing. Today was too little, too late to count as a culture change. Excuse me if I'm not entirely quelled by one junk time victory when the two months of football has been absolutely woeful. The fact that we can come out and get a win and shut half our dissatisfied supporter base up for the whole preseason just goes to show what a dodgy bunch of pricks we can be - both as a club and as supporters. Yes, we improved a bit - but with a bit of effort, we could have improved a hell of a lot more. I think as a supporter group we are way too forgiving - all it takes is one win for people to get their hopes up again, only to have them dashed in the following game. The genius of today's win was that it shuts us up for 5 months. As nice as it is to see 7 wins, the way we lost a lot of our games this year was very poor. We don't deserve to be happy and satisfied with what we produced. We should feel frustrated and annoyed that we didn't achieve more - and I hope we are because that is what will drive us forward. Not self-congratulatory statements about how we have improved i.e. how slightly less s**t we are. I hope Roos is going to step it up a notch in preseason training and gear us up for a push towards the 8.

Clearly the only appropriate course of action now is to sever the friendship.
Believe me, i never doubted his ability. The fend off, one hand gather, and lace out pass, and cooly slotting the winner againgst the bombers in his first season...i was sold

Hey, if you read my posts, I've been saying all year about how we should forget about draft position and focus on effort and winning. Change our culture to a winning one that hates losing. Today was too little, too late to count as a culture change. Excuse me if I'm not entirely quelled by one junk time victory when the two months of football has been absolutely woeful. The fact that we can come out and get a win and shut half our dissatisfied supporter base up for the whole preseason just goes to show what a dodgy bunch of pricks we can be - both as a club and as supporters. Yes, we improved a bit - but with a bit of effort, we could have improved a hell of a lot more. I think as a supporter group we are way too forgiving - all it takes is one win for people to get their hopes up again, only to have them dashed in the following game. The genius of today's win was that it shuts us up for 5 months. As nice as it is to see 7 wins, the way we lost a lot of our games this year was very poor. We don't deserve to be happy and satisfied with what we produced. We should feel frustrated and annoyed that we didn't achieve more - and I hope we are because that is what will drive us forward. Not self-congratulatory statements about how we have improved i.e. how slightly less s**t we are. I hope Roos is going to step it up a notch in preseason training and gear us up for a push towards the 8.
Geez remind me not to invite you to a party anytime!
Hogan, viney, salem, brayshaw, harmes, stretch, vandenberg, o-mac, white, kent, jkh, tyson, mitchie, newton, toumpas, petracca, anb, frost.
All demons with under fifty games experience and im sure i've missed someone.
Goodwin will be giggling like a school girl. Yet another draft to go before he gets handed a team ready to do some damage!

Geez remind me not to invite you to a party anytime!
Hogan, viney, salem, brayshaw, harmes, stretch, vandenberg, o-mac, white, kent, jkh, tyson, mitchie, newton, toumpas, petracca, anb, frost.
All demons with under fifty games experience and im sure i've missed someone.
Goodwin will be giggling like a school girl. Yet another draft to go before he gets handed a team ready to do some damage!
That's my point though - there's enough talent on this list now. We need to demand effort every week. Pisses me off that the team went on holidays for two months then they pull out a victory in the last match and everybody thinks it was a pretty good season.

Sorry to miss your party...

That's my point though - there's enough talent on this list now. We need to demand effort every week. Pisses me off that the team went on holidays for two months then they pull out a victory in the last match and everybody thinks it was a pretty good season.

Sorry to miss your party...
Yeah i know where your coming from. The bombers, carlton, saints and bulldogs games, we did not turn up with a winners mindset...very frustrating

First round one win since 2004
First win in the last round since 2007 (Kreuzer Cup)
First time a Melbourne player has kicked 40 goals in a season since Jurrah in 2011(both Hogan and Garlett got to 40)
First finish outside the bottom 5 since 2006
Only players not to get a senior game in 2015: Terlich, Trengove, Petracca, Max King(Rookie) and Jayden Hunt, all except Terlich due to injury
Only three players on the list haven't been exposed to AFL footy, equal with the Dogs, Dockers and Saints, Suns(2) and Essendon(1) are the only teams with fewer.

First round one win since 2004
First win in the last round since 2007 (Kreuzer Cup)

Jeez this is damning. Goes along way to explaining our low crowd/ membership numbers in recent history. The club sure knows how to destroy any threat of enthusiasm

Not a bad year. Dropped form at different points, but overall showed a lot of improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Know exactly where you're coming from. I feel like this win papers over another craptacular year from our local potato farm.

But you know what? The thing that gives me hope is that 12 months ago, we would have put the franking cue in the rack. We would have thought that a team that beat us earlier in the year by 40odd points was too good and why franking bother. FRANK THAT s**t. Our boys stood up and said frank a franking draft pick, we want 4 points on the board. These lazy franks have finally figured out that wins=more wins. Throw it away as one game if you want. Or see it as the TRUE turning point of this club.

People can talk about draft picks and effort and all that franking bullshit all they want. The boys finally stood up when we were supposed to roll over and take another honorable loss. They wanted it. Not for Crossy, or Chunk or any other player. They wanted it because they're franking footballer and want to win. Claim it's all just a rah rah win as much as you want. But I'll take it as a statement of intent: we aren't going to cop s**t. We've had enough of being the easy beats. Frank this s**t, LETS PLAY REAL FOOTBALL AND WIN GAMES.

The boys are fully on board now, get on it or you'll be left wondering next year.

Know exactly where you're coming from. I feel like this win papers over another craptacular year from our local potato farm.

But you know what? The thing that gives me hope is that 12 months ago, we would have put the franking cue in the rack. We would have thought that a team that beat us earlier in the year by 40odd points was too good and why franking bother. FRANK THAT s**t. Our boys stood up and said frank a franking draft pick, we want 4 points on the board. These lazy franks have finally figured out that wins=more wins. Throw it away as one game if you want. Or see it as the TRUE turning point of this club.

People can talk about draft picks and effort and all that franking bullshit all they want. The boys finally stood up when we were supposed to roll over and take another honorable loss. They wanted it. Not for Crossy, or Chunk or any other player. They wanted it because they're franking footballer and want to win. Claim it's all just a rah rah win as much as you want. But I'll take it as a statement of intent: we aren't going to cop s**t. We've had enough of being the easy beats. Frank this s**t, LETS PLAY REAL FOOTBALL AND WIN GAMES.

The boys are fully on board now, get on it or you'll be left wondering next year.
that was rather frank

Yeah, I know I will get on it again. I'm still fuming over some of our performances over the last two months. I guess I'm not quite ready to feel as positive as I might in a month or two. Part of that stems from making the effort to go to a few games after missing the first half of the season, and we get destroyed in all of them. Would have been nice to see some of this franking determination when I was there.

I'll get over it - just still a bit pissed. Maybe I shouldn't post until I'm more positive - seems like I'm pissing people off by not joining in the merriment...

Yeah, I know I will get on it again. I'm still fuming over some of our performances over the last two months. I guess I'm not quite ready to feel as positive as I might in a month or two. Part of that stems from making the effort to go to a few games after missing the first half of the season, and we get destroyed in all of them. Would have been nice to see some of this franking determination when I was there.

I'll get over it - just still a bit pissed. Maybe I shouldn't post until I'm more positive - seems like I'm pissing people off by not joining in the merriment...
Mate, I am more than well lubricated, but we've got a shitload of great talent, a ton of great coaches, and a team who have refused to pack it in when it was more than easy to do so on a nothing game.

We'll see if this game means anything next year, if it does, remember it. If not, we pushed away from the muppets who let us flounder for a decade expecting youth and draft picks to paper over their ineptitude. We're finally out of the quagmire and are building something positive. Get your chin up, and get on us for the next season.

Mate, I am more than well lubricated, but we've got a shitload of great talent, a ton of great coaches, and a team who have refused to pack it in when it was more than easy to do so on a nothing game.

We'll see if this game means anything next year, if it does, remember it. If not, we pushed away from the muppets who let us flounder for a decade expecting youth and draft picks to paper over their ineptitude. We're finally out of the quagmire and are building something positive. Get your chin up, and get on us for the next season.

Yeah, this feeling always passes. I'll be back on them before too long. If you look at my posting history, I'm not usually too negative. Once the trading and draft period starts I'll be back on board for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back