Bumped Bring back wellingham

Remove this Banner Ad

The trade of Williams was complicated with picks flying/on traded between multiple clubs, but basically it netted us the picks used to trade for Clement and Holland and draft Guy Richards.

This thread talks the reasons for the trade http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/paul-williams.657301/
I found my own comment from that time: 'Paul lacked consistency at the Pies and his possession tally was down. I seem to remember him complaining about being played out of position, not able to play through the middle as Sydney allowed him to do. I don't think the Pies knew how good he would become. We also got a player, Mark Kinnear, who retired injured before the season started.'

Wellingham is exactly the player we need. He is fast, one touch, he breaks the lines and he has superb foot skills. We don't have any of that type on the list.

I imagine that BBB feels exactly the same about Sinclair and Toovey but is saying the opposite here.
Toovey would have some trade value. He's a premiership player and does ok as a small-mid forward blanket. Plenty of average teams could use him. Sinclair wouldn't be worth anything.

anyone know if he's out of contract at west coast?
We should make a play to bring him home to the pies.
Champion player and would be a massive upgrade on Toovey/Sinclair.
Should never have let him go.
He went home...we never let him go.
Any chance you'll get homesick and go back to the "Shallow Gravers Home for Old Trolls and General Lollygaggers?"

Wellers has some class and ability and can get on a streak that makes you think he really could be a top rung player, but then goes missing again.

He's definitely on a steak at the moment and I reckon he is a player that plays well in good teams but does not make you better if you're not good. The Coasters are flying and have total buy in from their players. Wellers is benefitting from that and is now playing in the best form of his career.

Having said that, he could easily disappear again next year if things don't go his way.

He went home...we never let him go.
Any chance you'll get homesick and go back to the "Shallow Gravers Home for Old Trolls and General Lollygaggers?"
Suspect you're the expert on lollygagging. Go easy pie eye or you might find you've swallowed more than you can stomach.

Why is anyone even bothering to discuss ways Wellingham could return? There's more chance of Nathan Buckley coming out of retirement and playing for GWS next year.

Why is anyone even bothering to discuss ways Wellingham could return? There's more chance of Nathan Buckley coming out of retirement and playing for GWS next year.
Agreed. It is a total waste of words wishing Wellingham would return. He has never looked happier or more comfortable than where he currently is and with what he is doing.

Last edited:
Wellingham was always going to mature in his body. Many of us talked him up as the next Daniel Kerr before he debuted.

Pity it took so long for his head to mature

408964d4cbbfc92ab7137bf92ba48c62.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. It is a total waste of words wishing Wellingham would return. He has never looked happier or more comfortable than where he currently is and with what he is doing.

Reading Sam Lane's article last week, pretty clear he still bleeds black and white.

I would say most of the players that have left are still fond of Collingwood - they won a premiership with us, that's not easy to erase.

There's a tinge of sadness with how it all panned out. I hate seeing our premiership players elsewhere. I reckon some of them regret it too.

I spoke with Sharrods dad today. My friend you are 100% correct.

Couldn't cut it as a midfielder so was sent to the back line. I guess everyone is just disregarding his first two years at West Coast. He was so s**t he considered walking away. Very flakey player.

He's grown up now and is probably the best running defender in the comp.
he always had the talent to be elite, we sent him away to mature now it's time to bring him back.
The prodigal son to return like taz.
Bwahahahahahaha. Heater was better than him this year FFS, that's just for starters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back