The Combat betting thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I should bet on Rousey, right? It's the closest thing you'll get to free money in MMA betting.

Now watch Correira pull off the biggest upset in MMA history. :D

Actually, would it be the biggest upset? Serra/GSP would be up there.

Edit: Having a quick look at some articles about biggest upsets, Sokoudjou/Little Nog looks to be the biggest upset ever in terms of betting odds. More lopsided odds than the fight this weekend.

Last edited:
I should bet on Rousey, right? It's the closest thing you'll get to free money in MMA betting.

Now watch Correira pull off the biggest upset in MMA history. :D

Actually, would it be the biggest upset? Serra/GSP would be up there.

Edit: Having a quick look at some articles about biggest upsets, Sokoudjou/Little Nog looks to be the biggest upset ever in terms of betting odds. More lopsided odds than the fight this weekend.

Really? Rousey is $1.06 on my books. Its the same price for either fighter by a method (as in fight finish by TKO etc) as it for just Ronda by a method (as in Ronda by TKO) its crazy.

Really? Rousey is $1.06 on my books. Its the same price for either fighter by a method (as in fight finish by TKO etc) as it for just Ronda by a method (as in Ronda by TKO) its crazy.
I didn't mean you're going to make much, but it's basically a certainty that you'll win money, even if it's not much. It's as close to a risk free opportunity as you're going to get in MMA. I almost never bet, so I'm probably thinking about this differently than most. You bet $50, and you're basically guaranteed to win $3. You bet a lot of money and you can make something decent. Of course, if you put up a lot of money that you really can't afford to lose, there's always the chance, especially in MMA, that Rousey loses and you're stuffed.

Just having a look at the odds. Not sure if you can do this, but if you can it makes the odds better. Combine a straight Rousey bet, with a not going the distance bet, with Rousey by sub/KO, and the odds are out to $1.18 or so.

I didn't mean you're going to make much, but it's basically a certainty that you'll win money, even if it's not much. It's as close to a risk free opportunity as you're going to get in MMA. I almost never bet, so I'm probably thinking about this differently than most. You bet $50, and you're basically guaranteed to win $3. You bet a lot of money and you can make something decent. Of course, if you put up a lot of money that you really can't afford to lose, there's always the chance, especially in MMA, that Rousey loses and you're stuffed.

Just having a look at the odds. Not sure if you can do this, but if you can it makes the odds better. Combine a straight Rousey bet, with a not going the distance bet, with Rousey by sub/KO, and the odds are out to $1.18 or so.

I meant really in the sense that you said it wouldn't be the biggest upset in MMA history, I find that staggering. She's now into $1.05 and Rousey by KO is less than EITHER FIGHTER BY KO!! Effectively the odds makers are saying there is more chance Ronda knocks out Correira than their is off Ronda or Bethe winning by KO

Sam alvey is at $4.00 and Texeira is currently $1.95 with OSP $1.85

*sportsbet

I read that Conor has opened as a 2-1 favourite over Aldo for the December fight, havent been able to find those odds but surely thats taking #conormania too far?
Sportsbet has Conor at $1.57, Jose at $2.35

I could have sworn Jose opened nearer to $3, but I could be remembering it wrong. I'll keep my eye on the price and jump on if it starts going down.
Conor is a great fighter, but he beat Mendes who had 2 weeks to prepare. He got destroyed with his wrestling, I just think a lot of people are sleeping on Aldo. Forgetting just how good he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sportsbet has Conor at $1.57, Jose at $2.35

I could have sworn Jose opened nearer to $3, but I could be remembering it wrong. I'll keep my eye on the price and jump on if it starts going down.
Conor is a great fighter, but he beat Mendes who had 2 weeks to prepare. He got destroyed with his wrestling, I just think a lot of people are sleeping on Aldo. Forgetting just how good he is.

Madness to have Aldo not opening favourite and im probably the conductor of the Conor hypetrain.

Everyone is buying the hope train...yes I said hope :p

Aldo is an undefeated champ for a reason.

#andstill

#andstill

I would probably tip Conor but I thought it would be an upset tip. I like his movement and his long kicks and punches. Having said that Mendes clipped him quite a few times on the feet. If Conor can win he will take some damage doing so.

Also hasn't KO'd too many in his last few fights, i think if it goes 5 Conor will knock him out at some point.

I wanna see a fired up agressive Aldo, i think if he goes after Conor he wins, if he fights safe he will get tagged at some point.

I love Conor, i am a huge unabashed fan but he shouldn't be the favourite for this fight, Aldo is the best in the sport for a reason.

Dodson out to $5 on sportsbet and Dodson by points $10

#andstill
Bad match up for Aldo. From what we have seen, wrestlers are the ones that give Connor the most trouble and Aldo is no wrestler. I also remember Aldo getting caught with strikes multiple times against Mendez and considering Connor is much more heavy handed this spells big trouble for Jose.

Bad match up for Aldo. From what we have seen, wrestlers are the ones that give Connor the most trouble and Aldo is no wrestler. I also remember Aldo getting caught with strikes multiple times against Mendez and considering Connor is much more heavy handed this spells big trouble for Jose.

Mendes is about the heaviest puncher in the division... in no way is Conor much more heavy handed.

I think Mendes throws harder but Connor has more of that Anderson Silva-esque power that just lands outa nowhere and puts ANYONE down due to timing and crispness. I can easily see the same happening against Aldo.

Agreed. He's a better striker than Mendes pretty much everywhere, but unlike Chad doesn't have the threat of the takedown to keep Jose thinking. I don't see how Chad being able to land on Aldo in light of that is at all relevant to this upcoming fight.

Having said that, I think Conor has a great shot of being the man to dethrone Aldo but his one shot power won't be the reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back