Liverpool FC - what has happened?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be surprised if Liverpool made top 4 this season.

Will be a bit of a bonus for them if they do in a year of transition, but this season will all be about sorting the kinks, working out who can play Klopp football and who can't and getting ready for a big run at the top 4 next season.

The personnel are there (when fit!!) but I'd expect it will take until the end if this season for Klopp to get the team playing the way he wants.

A cup victory and/or EL qualification will be the minimum requirement for me. 4th place would be a bonus. Although it will be interesting to see how Klopp treats the EL with CL football on offer for the winner.

I don't care even if he relegates us, it's just gonna be a laugh.

I hope not. Really don't want to get into a relegation battle with Chelsea.

This season? Unlikely. From next season? I would expect so.
Still too early to tell and if Klopp is appointed what kind of impact he will have on us. We are not too far back from top four spots and we do have a pretty squad that BR just wasnt getting the best out of. Top 4 isnt out of the equation just yet.

if sturridge stays fit i dont see why liverpool can't challenge top 4. do believe spurs, palace and west ham will also be in the mix for that 4th spot, chelsea's crisis has brought a lot of other clubs into it.

if klopp does nothing else besides improve the defence then liverpool will be right up there. the defence is their biggest problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are pool better?
Up front. You have a shadow of his former self Rooney and a 19 year old kid who it's way too early to call whether he is going to be great or flashy or inconsistent. Outside of that. What, Wilson??

We have a proven big time PL goal scorer in Sturridge. Another proven top notch goal scorer in Benteke and excellent cover in Ings.

United have Thierry Henry up front.

Funny how your opinion of Benteke has changed since he joined Pool.
Henry retired. You have a hyped up 19 year old kid.

My opinion hasnt changed on Benteke. I dont think he is the right fit for us. Doesnt mean he isnt a very good forward.

I actually dont even need to mention Beneke and Ings though.

You really just have Martial and Sturridge shits on him so...

Henry retired. You have a hyped up 19 year old kid.

My opinion hasnt changed on Benteke. I dont think he is the right fit for us. Doesnt mean he isnt a very good forward.

I actually dont even need to mention Beneke and Ings though.

You really just have Martial and Sturridge shits on him so...
How does Sturridge s**t on Henry. Eminem has already gone past him.

Bojan KantKick what you think of Klopp joining Liverpool? No doubt a terrible move and he will flop according to you. :p
I like Klopp. Will be interesting to see how his style works in the premier league. High pressing works well when you have Reus, Gotze, Gundogan and Lewandowski. Would expect him to sell half your squad in Jan/Summer and blame Rodgers.

A pool fan has already told me that Hummels is coming in Jan so I'm expecting lols either way.

I like Klopp. Will be interesting to see how his style works in the premier league. High pressing works well when you have Reus, Gotze, Gundogan and Lewandowski. Would expect him to sell half your squad in Jan/Summer and blame Rodgers.

A pool fan has already told me that Hummels is coming in Jan so I'm expecting lols either way.
I dont think he needs Reus, Gotze, Gundogun and Lewandowski for his tactics to work. We have a very good squad and the players to implement his Geggenpress pretty well. I dont think he will have to go all out in January for anyone. Squad wise we're ok.

Ive heard more rumours about Subotic than Hummels anyways.

Sakho >> your CB'S. Clyne is better than Darmian. Coutinho & Henderson are in 5he best 4 midfielders from both clubs. Individually our squad is strong, there's no doubt about it.
Dont talk about reserve players mate. Paddy McNair is at the same level as Sakho but is younger and has more potential.

Carrick is a better CB than Lovren and no way Skrtel makes our team. Clyne is not better than Darmian. Henderson wouldn't be near our first team. Coutinho would be handy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back