The Combat betting thread

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agreed. He's a better striker than Mendes pretty much everywhere, but unlike Chad doesn't have the threat of the takedown to keep Jose thinking. I don't see how Chad being able to land on Aldo in light of that is at all relevant to this upcoming fight.

Having said that, I think Conor has a great shot of being the man to dethrone Aldo but his one shot power won't be the reason.
I agree with everything except the very last part. It won't go to a decision and Aldo will eventually succumb after many spinning back kicks to the body and a copy of heavy shots to the chin ala. mendes.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
I agree with everything except the very last part. It won't go to a decision and Aldo will eventually succumb after many spinning back kicks to the body and a copy of heavy shots to the chin ala. mendes.

I never said it would go to decision, I just said one shot power wouldn't be the reason Conor wins. I think he'll hurt him a few times and finish him late in the fight after an accumulation of shots.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Gustafsson out to 3.30...

Get on that

daicosdemis

All Australian
Jul 5, 2011
Ascot Vale
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
AEK,Chelsea fc
Mendes is about the heaviest puncher in the division... in no way is Conor much more heavy handed.
I don't know how you come to this conclusion. Much more heavy is an exaggeration, I'll admit that but 41% ko/tko for Mendes compared to 89% ko/tko for McGregor speaks for itself. When you watch McGregor you always get the feeling that he can change/end a fight with one punch. Do you get that feeling with Mendez ?

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
I don't know how you come to this conclusion. Much more heavy is an exaggeration, I'll admit that but 41% ko/tko for Mendes compared to 89% ko/tko for McGregor speaks for itself. When you watch McGregor you always get the feeling that he can change/end a fight with one punch. Do you get that feeling with Mendez ?

I sure do. Don't be fooled by the low percentage of KO's for Mendes, he was little more than a wrestler before Bang's coaching stint at team alpha male and would regularly ride out decisions using it. Since then, he's been one punch KOing guys left and right (see his fight against Ricardo Lamas as proof... Lamas was winning the early exchanges before Chad uncorked one shot and finished the fight) and rocked Aldo badly in their most recent fight. I did go on to say that I see McGregor as a superior striker just about everywhere else to Mendes, just not when it comes to one strike power.

daicosdemis

All Australian
Jul 5, 2011
Ascot Vale
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
AEK,Chelsea fc
I sure do. Don't be fooled by the low percentage of KO's for Mendes, he was little more than a wrestler before Bang's coaching stint at team alpha male and would regularly ride out decisions using it. Since then, he's been one punch KOing guys left and right (see his fight against Ricardo Lamas as proof... Lamas was winning the early exchanges before Chad uncorked one shot and finished the fight) and rocked Aldo badly in their most recent fight. I did go on to say that I see McGregor as a superior striker just about everywhere else to Mendes, just not when it comes to one strike power.
We have no way of getting a definitive answer on who has the greater one punch power.. I do think though that if Aldo stands toe to toe with McGregor the way he did with Mendez, it would not be the best of strategies.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

Mendes has been fighting higher ranked fighters than mcgregor...wouldnt read much into the percentages. I do agree that standing toe to toe with conor is probably not the smartest idea but thats why Aldo is the champ...he wont do that.

#andstill :)

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Valerie L (joanna's opponent) :drunk: is out to 10.50. Anybody thinking of chucking a sneaky $20 on her to win?

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
$2.50 for Rousey and Holm to make it out of the 1st round...pretty good bet there. Holm wont do a Zingano...

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Do you mean $3.45? They're the odds on Pinnacle for over 1.5 rounds.

2.50 to go longer than 5 mins and 3.45 if it goes longer than 7mins 30. That is good value.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Refer to http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ufc-193-fight-week.1089414/page-30#post-41961069

I didn't realise we had a betting thread, but on the main UFC 193 thread I posted this multi bet a few days ago.
Montgomery $1.45, Vilante $1.31, Sobotta $1.67, Struve $1.92, Hall $1.83 at $11.15.

Chuck out the respective prices now: $1.43, $1.22, $1.48, $1.58, $1.65 at $6.73.
Well that was an unfortunate multi. The only thing worse is me blowing my whole Sportsbet account ($110) on this card. :oops:

Well that was an unfortunate multi. The only thing worse is me blowing my whole Sportsbet account ($110) on this card. :oops:
Haha, tell me about it. So many surprising results. I even had Rousey at $1.67 to win by submission. Total disaster all round.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Aldo and Conor are now @1.91 each h2h

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Pretty sure I've only bet on fights twice. Once was the card with Bader/Davis on it and the other time was the Rousey/Correia card. Pretty funny that I bet on a card that I didn't watch the PPV of until it popped up on Fight Pass.

Now there's no way I'm betting on a fight unless I've recently rewatched both fighters most recent fights. I had no idea about VanZant/Namajunas and probably slightly favoured VanZant before watching their recent fights. After that I thought Namajunas would win. Didn't bet on the underdog though :thumbsdown:

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Condit nearly at $2 on sportsbet...risky I know

Back