AFL Cairns 2015

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Have heard a whisper that the Hawks ladies coach may be looking to coach at senior level again next year???

Lachrilly

All Australian
May 17, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Well done to Saints. Another great grand final win against the odds. With Tootel leaving Lions and Lock leaving Souths there are some clubs looking for someone

jorgo21

Debutant
Aug 29, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
NORTH CAIRNS TIGERS
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Senior Playing / Non-playing Coach

North Cairns Tigers AFSC is seeking senior playing / non-playing coach to lead and be an integral part of our football department for the 2016 AFL Cairns season and beyond.

Forward application letter and CV to admin@northcairnstigers.com.au.

Applications close 9th of October.

More information available at:
http://www.northcairnstigers.com.au

Tiger-Recruit%20%28Large%29.jpg

Lachrilly

All Australian
May 17, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Any clubs have their best and fairest counts yet. Saints haad theirs last night.
Senior B&F Jack Philp R/U Jordan Roberts
Ressies B&F Tim Kirkman R/U Fred Pittorino
Life Member Mark Kennedy

So there was four of the six clubs that were looking for new coaches for next season.

Cairns City Lions - Luke Webb and Aaron McNab
North Cairns Tigers - Still advertised
South Cairns cutters - closed but not released as yet
Manunda Hawks - Brad Sinclair not returning, advertised.

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
It will be tough for the Hawks, penalty didn't fit the crime.
How much support will AFL Cairns give them.... Try to move them to Gordonvale???

The job at Norths wont be easy either.

It will be tough for the Hawks, penalty didn't fit the crime.
How much support will AFL Cairns give them.... Try to move them to Gordonvale???

The job at Norths wont be easy either.

Norths problems were compounded by AFL Cazaly's and AFL Cape York stealing their juniors to start the non-representative Eagles from the representative Crusaders.

Why is AFL Cazaly's so dead set on killing of the only club in Cairns that has little to no support from the league?

Hawks will be at Redlynch in a few years when that area is opened up, or playing out of Manunda?

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
City Lions may have something to say about Hawks going out there thou? They have already expressed concerns about it.

Do you mean Norths getting killed off by AFL Cazalys?

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Wouldn't have Norths done that this year is your scenario was true?
I have never approved of what Hawks did , but wasn't there other ways of punishment ? Fines?

City Lions may have something to say about Hawks going out there thou? They have already expressed concerns about it.

Do you mean Norths getting killed off by AFL Cazalys?

What's the difference with Manunda starting a side when Norths were already established in Manunda and then Saints also starting in the same area and an Edmonton side or Redlynch side starting up?
Holloways started their own problem, they moved to an area that could never support the side.

Redlynch and the Valleys area doesn't have a side and needs one and the AFL Cazalys want a side there..... eventually.

AFL Cazalys are trying to bend the Tigers over.

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
It was the wrong way to handle the whole situation, more from the Hawks . That's my thoughts. I agree with you has hurt the club, the league and denied other sides chances to play on one of the best grounds in Qld.

How are they trying to bend the tigers over??

As i posted previously, by allowing a representative junior club to enter the competition and stealing the Tigers Under 15's then Under 17.5's away from the club. It has taken a whole generation of kids away from the club, that will take more than a few seasons to recover from it.

It's amazing how much money goes into Crathern, Fretwell, Holloways and Pyramid is a blight on equality.

Can't even use my Cazaly's card at any even though my money went into buying these places.

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Well Norths don't have gambling machines at the club , that's why money goes to those clubs. Except Pyramid they needed the facilities down there, they have heaps of kids down there.
I think that not all the blame is to be put on AFL Cairns and Eagles. Some decisions within Norths didn't help over the past few seasons.

Lachrilly

All Australian
May 17, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
The league should never had let Cape York Eagles take players from other teams. It has killed Norths juniors which will take a long time to fix

Well Norths don't have gambling machines at the club , that's why money goes to those clubs. Except Pyramid they needed the facilities down there, they have heaps of kids down there.
I think that not all the blame is to be put on AFL Cairns and Eagles. Some decisions within Norths didn't help over the past few seasons.

Next minute. BANG

The league should never had let Cape York Eagles take players from other teams. It has killed Norths juniors which will take a long time to fix

It was a dog act.

So Tiger35 what you are saying is that AFL Cazalys should spend more money on clubs that have established an income through pokies and a club that is only at junior level that attract almost zero kids from Gordonvale itself but the college next door than an already established club that in it's own right was the start of the league.

North Cairns the fitzroy of AFL Cazalys.

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
AFL Cairns spends money on these clubs with gambling machines because they know they will get a huge return on the investment. Not worth putting them at Watsons to close to Brothers Club.

At least it gets kids down that way playing football. Better than others things they could be doing...

AFL Cairns spends money on these clubs with gambling machines because they know they will get a huge return on the investment. Not worth putting them at Watsons to close to Brothers Club.

At least it gets kids down that way playing football. Better than others things they could be doing...

This doesn't make any sense.

You don't need pokies to support a club, you need juniors, you need the right people at the helm, you need to have a healthy social club.
Have you ever seen any AFL Cazalys committee at any Tigers games?

Pyramid is a joke, there will never be a permanent senior club playing out of there. Money well spent my bum.

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I reckon the volunteers and players and parents and sponsors don't think Pyramid is a joke. As I said it gets kids doing something and that something is footy , the game we enjoy . Maybe they don't play footy , they break into your house , steal your car, do drugs ,violence, crime.

Its not about a senior club being there. Don't need to be playing in a senior club to go places.

Would be nice to hear some positive thoughts about local footy.

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Maybe the new look Jnr Committee at Norths will bring fresh ideas to the club and help get some Kids back into playing footy.

Back