Hustler
10k Posts Richmond Tigers - 2018 Player Sponsor
Jun 5, 2015
Demimonde
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
The references to the "Latin temperament" every time the Argentinians show any kind of emotion seem a little bit borderline.
Can't quote an example but I can just hear Gordon Bray saying "fiery Latin temperament".
In any case, as someone else said, the scoreboard flattered the Pumas.
As far as the Wallabies go, thought that those three missed first-half conversions were going to come back and bite us. Learn to kick.
Sad result for the Scots but we'll take the win.

Maester

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
In any case, as someone else said, the scoreboard flattered the Pumas.

I don't agree with that. Argentina were clearly superior and the margin was pretty fair. If they hadn't given away that silly yellow card it would have been more. They were just that much more skilful.

Last edited:

Helen Wheels

Hustler
10k Posts Richmond Tigers - 2018 Player Sponsor
Jun 5, 2015
Demimonde
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
I don't agree with that. Argentina were clearly superior and the margin was pretty fair. If they hadn't given away that silly yellow card it would have been more. They were just that much more skilful.
Maybe I'm a bit green one-eyed.

chibimatty

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2010
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WACA, Western Force, Arsenal, Glory
While on the subject of scoreboard flattery, the Wallabies-Scotland match had me thinking. Even though it looks like the Wallabies world cup campaign might be in jeopardy after that performance, if we didn't give away three of the dumbest tries I've ever seen in a test match, would we all be looking at them differently? What if the ref had penalised the Scottish loosehead in the same way Joe Marler was for England? More penalties for the Wallabies too.

Was this the "one bad game" that every team needs to get out of its system during a tournament? o_O

Last edited:
May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
All the stats said we should've won by a hell of a lot more, but I guess you take any win in a WC Semi final.

Ben Smith was great and the ABs lineout took some crucial wins on South African throw ins. At least we looked like scoring which you couldn't say about Sth Africa who seemed happy to rely on the refs constant whistle blowing. Lots of improvement needed, but at least the ABs in the big one.

I don't know if it was just me, but I thought the commentators actually spoilt the game a bit too. Probably would've made a bit more exciting with sticking with the Kiwi blokes.

Maester

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
The All Blacks should have won by more. Some of the penalties they gave away were really so stupid and unnecessary. Don't blame the ref, NZ's discipline was pathetic in the first half. As you say, the Springboks never really threatened in attack so to give them so many shots at penalty is poor. I also thought the All Blacks played a bit too conservatively, especially in the last 10-15 minutes of the first half. They had so much good attacking ball but kept kicking it away when only like 30 metres out from the line! I thought it was strange the AB's didn't back their skills more, even if it was wet.

If it had been dry I think the All Blacks would have won pretty comfortably and they'll be very confident against either Australia or Argentina. Although they might have been easier to face I'm glad South Africa aren't going to win the tournament given their style of play.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Owens for final?

Link

All Blacks selector Grant Fox has revealed that Welshman Nigel Owens will referee the Rugby World Cup final at Twickenham next Sunday morning (NZ time).

Fox said the All Blacks were told by World Rugby - before they beat South Africa 20-18 in this morning's semifinal in London - that Owens would take charge of the final, which will be against either Australia or Argentina, who play the second semifinal at 5am on Monday (NZ time).

MaoriWarriors

Rookie
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well done to the Wallabys, definitely deserved to make the final.

Good luck to them against the All Blacks tho. ;)

Back