Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not under 600k. I'm guessing it's up to 700+ with the marketing.

Yes I think all parties could agree to drop that because he's probably not keen on the public eye right now.

Cancel it for one year and dangle the carrot in front of him with an option to add it back in if criteria is met. Perhaps behavioural clauses plus performance KPIs.

That way you don't touch his actual playing contract which would create a bunch of bitterness. He now has a definable target to regain trust. Everyone wins. You don't have to suspend him at all either which would hurt you guys on field.
How do you know....

If Saints try and change the contract that is reason for him to void it.

He can't just void it though. The trade was ratified by the AFL. You can't untrade him. ( unless you want to give back what you got ).
He can void it in asmuch as he's free to not play AFL football.
( as is every AFL footballer ).

He can't just void it though. The trade was ratified by the AFL. You can't untrade him. ( unless you want to give back what you got ).
He can void it in asmuch as he's free to not play AFL football.
( as is every AFL footballer ).

If Saints can change it on the premise that it's unsigned, then it's unsigned. He can refuse to sign on because of that and put himself into the PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you get called out and that's your response. LOL should have just posted a photo of a white flag
What have you called me out on exactly? You tried to pick another poster for suggesting Carlisle is being paid up to $700,000 which was being suggested in the papers. You read up to 600K on the AFL website and rushed to pull him up. All of these are just ESTIMATES, we don't know the actual amount.

What have you called me out on exactly? You tried to pick another poster for suggesting Carlisle is being paid up to $700,000 which was being suggested in the papers. You read up to 600K on the AFL website and rushed to pull him up. All of these are just ESTIMATES, we don't know the actual amount.
WTF are you on about. I never brought up any article. You did!!!!!

I asked an essendon poster how he knew how much Carlisle was being paid. I then corrected you misquoting an article.

Bloody hell. Delusional.

WTF are you on about. I never brought up any article. You did!!!!!

I asked an essendon poster how he knew how much Carlisle was being paid. I then corrected you misquoting an article.

Bloody hell. Delusional.
Are you all there? We don't know exactly what he is on. It is all just an estimate. (if you asked someone what Carlisle is on) they could only give a suggestion based on previous media articles (If you actually read his post he said he was 'guessing'). There is no point arguing about it - or claiming anything. You cannot correct anybody because we don't know.

Last edited:
Are you all there? We don't know exactly what he is on. It is all just an estimate. (if you asked someone what Carlisle is on) they could only give a suggestion based on previous media articles (If you actually read his post he said he was 'guessing'). There is no point arguing about it - or claiming anything. You cannot correct anybody because we don't know.
Yes mate I am... are you? I mean you came in with an article trying to show evidence on how much carlisle is being paid after I questioned how anyone knows and now you are telling me no one knows.

You are repeating my exact point!!!!

Hilarious

Yes mate I am... are you? I mean you came in with an article trying to show evidence on how much carlisle is being paid after I questioned how anyone knows and now you are telling me no one knows.

You are repeating my exact point!!!!

Hilarious
You asked. He said what his opinion was and he said he was 'guessing'. Not really that hard to understand is it? I think it's pretty clear it was his opinion, and you are trying to start an argument over it. To help you understand, all the articles are just guessing - no point arguing about it.

Does it make you happier to think St Kilda are paying him closer to 600K than 700K?

Last edited:
Wonder how Carlisle is feeling knowing he picked St.Kilda purely because of the money, and now because they finally realised he's a s**t-for-brains dickhead he's going to get docked about 50k a year on his new contract?

Should've gone to Hawthorn after all. At least there he'll have some chance of success.

You asked. He said what his opinion was and he said he was 'guessing'. Not really that hard to understand is it? I think it's pretty clear it was his opinion, and you are trying to start an argument over it. To help you understand, all the articles are just guessing - no point arguing about it.

Does it make you happier to think St Kilda are paying him closer to 600K than 700K?
Who wouldnt be happier to pay a player less?

Wonder how Carlisle is feeling knowing he picked St.Kilda purely because of the money, and now because they finally realised he's a s**t-for-brains dickhead he's going to get docked about 50k a year on his new contract?

Should've gone to Hawthorn after all. At least there he'll have some chance of success.
Imagine being his manager. Setting him up for a sweet cash deal and now the contracts being renegotiated

Either way he has more chance than poor BJ.

I'm pretty sure he'd be getting a pay cut at whichever club he chose if he acted like this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back