No Oppo Supporters 2016 General AFL Discussion Part 2 (Sydney Posters Only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood did alright and i hate to say it. Treloar's a gun and Aish probably will be too (but jury's still out imo). Dont really rate Howe but maybe he'll prove me wrong.
I think Geelong's trades are a little overrated. Selwood... meh. Zac Smith... meh (So stanley, blicavs, clark, hawkins, vardy now. few talls). Hendo... pretty good at times. Granted Danger is a gun
And the Cats have forgone on their high draft picks for the next two years. Could affect the club for several years if it doesn't go to plan.

Shows that the draft is really pure lotto
No it isn't. There is a statistically significant difference between picks in the first half of the first round, the second half of the first round, and the rest of the draft. This may even feature in Episode 3 of my list management thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it isn't. There is a statistically significant difference between picks in the first half of the first round, the second half of the first round, and the rest of the draft. This may even feature in Episode 3 of my list management thread.
I'm sure it will :) but it is still lotto. Better odds at different times but still lotto

The Age has an article on new AFL approach for Aust wide academies for multicultural and indigenous.

Sounds like glorified zoning to me. That will only further advantage the Victorian clubs where the talent pool is bigger to start off with. Eddie is winning :(

Sounds like glorified zoning to me. That will only further advantage the Victorian clubs where the talent pool is bigger to start off with. Eddie is winning :(
If they do zoning by splitting WA in half then no Victorian team will ever win a premiership again.

B: Ibbotson, Hooker, Johnson
HB: Yarran, Taylor, Yeo
C: Bennell, A Swallow, O'Meara
HF: Walters, Kennedy, Wells
F: McCarthy, Franklin, Ballantyne
R: Sandilands, P Cripps, D Swallow
Int: Ryder, Coniglio, Neale, Jetta

That's Fremantle. Good luck Victorians.

(I gave Fremantle 4 WAFL clubs, West Coast 4 WAFL clubs, and split Swan Districts in half)

Last edited:
In the article, they said the would prevent clubs from 'hiding' players.......yeah good luck!!

This will become a bigger farce than NFL high school zoning if they get priority access to VIC players, with ppl moving house to get into another clubs zone etc....

Surely surely surely they use afl money to develop these zones not club money so the clubs get "better look" at potential draft picks and not priority access..

If they do zoning by splitting WA in half then the premiership will never leave the state.

Exactly right, that's why they'll never give the WA clubs their own zone, the Melbourne clubs will never sign up to it then.

Doesn't look like these indigenous academies will operate like ours re the bidding system. But clubs may be able to Rookie list players with special "bonus" rookie selections as "incentives".

So if they unearth any top end talent it goes straight to their list no questions asked and the AFL picks up the tab for these zone academies. Meanwhile we pay multiple picks and fund the Academies independently?

Is that how it will work?

Doesn't look like these indigenous academies will operate like ours re the bidding system. But clubs may be able to Rookie list players with special "bonus" rookie selections as "incentives".

So if they unearth any top end talent it goes straight to their list no questions asked and the AFL picks up the tab for these zone academies. Meanwhile we pay multiple picks and fund the Academies independently?

Is that how it will work?
How the AFL want us to think this works
"Clubs can rookie (say) 2 extra players from their specified zones not included in cap"

How it actually will work
"Clubs will get automatic selection of ALL talent in zone, pick them up as rookies automatically, making them miss the drafting process and is still funded by AFL"

If they do zoning by splitting WA in half then no Victorian team will ever win a premiership again.

(I gave Fremantle 4 WAFL clubs, West Coast 4 WAFL clubs, and split Swan Districts in half)

Still coached by Ross Lyons though.
Equalisation at its best! :D

Still coached by Ross Lyons though.
Equalisation at its best! :D
Good point, they would lose 10 consecutive Grand Finals (either to West Coast or Adelaide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back