2015 QFA North

Remove this Banner Ad

Travel 30 minutes to get belted by 100, or travel an hour to have a close game.

I reckon most people would prefer the latter
And yet, only 3 years ago, when it wasn't geographically designed, people complained about travel. I know from direct experience, trying to get numbers, or anywhere near a full strength side, was virtually impossible for those long distance games.

Yeah i can see both points of view - I too would prefer to be involved with a more competitive comp at the expense of a little more travel but understand not that easy for everyone and maybe some of the sides like Caloundra and MB will pick up over the next 2 years. Aspley - well how they haven't is a real sleight on that football club. The absolute poor cousin in the arrangement down there - not even their colts play up with the QFA side that much, if at all.
I think its more about capacity for improvement - MB have major upside, Nambour no. They have a few decent juniors that have come from Glasshouse but can't rely on this as a breeding ground and whilst they play in the same comp as Caloundra, Maroochy, Noosa very difficult to get a leg up from any of these 3 sides as well.

i can see both sides, but for me it's clear that the locational split needs to happen at the lowest level of footy, not the mid tier

a 8-10 team "QAFL division 2" with geographical QAFAs below makes most sense to me

i can see both sides, but for me it's clear that the locational split needs to happen at the lowest level of footy, not the mid tier

a 8-10 team "QAFL division 2" with geographical QAFAs below makes most sense to me
Yeah, like that idea, maybe top 6 from South and top 4 from North?
Not sure BOC would like this idea but you can't please everyone.

Yeah or 4 and 4 with playing closer teams x3. In reality it means 4 games in a year that u travel further than u normally would. Not a major ask I would say.

Yeah or 4 and 4 with playing closer teams x3. In reality it means 4 games in a year that u travel further than u normally would. Not a major ask I would say.

Not to be. Mayne too good when it mattered at the business end of the year. Well done to them. Took out the 2s GF as well. A very strong footy club ATM and they deserve all the success that comes their way. Good group of players, very well coached, do all the things that matter really well. Congrats.

From a very disappointed maroochy person....

Not to be. Mayne too good when it mattered at the business end of the year. Well done to them. Took out the 2s GF as well. A very strong footy club ATM and they deserve all the success that comes their way. Good group of players, very well coached, do all the things that matter really well. Congrats.

From a very disappointed maroochy person....

There are really good people at both clubs. I know a few on both sides and well done to both clubs.

Was great seeing a Nolan at the presentation for mayne. What an amazing woman netty is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the league standard / division order in SEQ? cheers guys I'm from vic
1. NEAFL
2. QAFL
3. QFA (North & South)
4. QAFA A
5. QAFA B

Although Top QAFL clubs could beat lower NEAFL teams, Top QFA teams could beat lower QAFL teams, Top QAFA teams could beat lower QFA teams and Top QAFA B teams could beat lower QAFA teams - which is to be expected really, thats just footy.

Once you get below QAFL level, the standard of Reserves footy is very very patchy though. In fact, even some QAFL teams reserves are very very average to the point where they would get smashed by senior teams from the lower divisions. Also understandable I suppose.

1. NEAFL
2. QAFL
3. QFA (North & South)
4. QAFA A
5. QAFA B

Although Top QAFL clubs could beat lower NEAFL teams, Top QFA teams could beat lower QAFL teams, Top QAFA teams could beat lower QFA teams and Top QAFA B teams could beat lower QAFA teams - which is to be expected really, thats just footy.

Once you get below QAFL level, the standard of Reserves footy is very very patchy though. In fact, even some QAFL teams reserves are very very average to the point where they would get smashed by senior teams from the lower divisions. Also understandable I suppose.

Would Mayne beat Springwood?

Seems like the mood on here is overwhelmingly in favour of divisional, rather than geographical, leagues. And from clubs at both ends of the ladder too. What do we need to do to get this done?

Seems like the mood on here is overwhelmingly in favour of divisional, rather than geographical, leagues. And from clubs at both ends of the ladder too. What do we need to do to get this done?

Convince the powers to be of the AFLQ. Think in their own surveys it is often a case of "we know what we want to do, we will put a survey out to promote inclusive decision making, and then we will go with our decision anyway".
In fairness there are a lot of different interests and I think south conf were alot happier in the main with their comp then north were so not as much a push for change there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back