2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

This league is significantly superior to QAFA A Reserves.

The top 2 or 3 teams in this comp would push for finals in QAFA Seniors, but there are 2 distinct 'pools' in this comp. Top 5 or 6 sides are competitive, then it drops away very quickly.

Although the standard dropped a bit in 2015 from 2014 at the top end, there was more depth in this comp this year than ever.

I'm expecting massive things from jimboomba next year. New era of Redbacks look like it is coming through. plus keeping Guise and Watson. Also news is a few old faces coming back to the club, and 1 really big signing aswell. Watch this space...

Jimboomba have always wanted to go up in devision, but numbers has always been the problem. Hopefully with Yarrabilba (housing estate) growing at a crazy rate there might be 22 ex Victorians in there somewhere.

The boomba only needed 2-3 solid players to challenge for the premiership so if what you say is true and with Kedron looking to move on they are in the box seat.

That being said, if Woodsmen get a few of their injured guys back and retain most of the list they won't be push overs either.

Many months to go before the ball is bounced though so let the rumours and slandering continue until then!!

I'm expecting massive things from jimboomba next year. New era of Redbacks look like it is coming through. plus keeping Guise and Watson. Also news is a few old faces coming back to the club, and 1 really big signing aswell. Watch this space...

Given it's the Redbacks, it'd have to be Ryan Crowley wouldn't it?

#kulcha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oops.... this interweb thingy is tough to master..... is there a manual I can refer to?

I read their player profile and I stand by my earlier comment....... #kulcha!!!!!!!

I guess you can only be judged by your last performance. But I see good things in 2016. Change of coaching staff and better team leadership will go a long way.

oops.... this interweb thingy is tough to master..... is there a manual I can refer to?

I read their player profile and I stand by my earlier comment....... #kulcha!!!!!!!

Is that Wayne Carey you have as your avatar?

I think he's mates with Anthony Steven's but don't quote me on that.

So I've googled this Wayne Carey fella, and it appears he may have been mates with Mrs Stevens more than Mr. ;)

(how are you BTW outandabout? Off-season is a b!tch for staying in touch, isn't it? How's the club going? All good signs for 2016?)

So I've googled this Wayne Carey fella, and it appears he may have been mates with Mrs Stevens more than Mr. ;)

(how are you BTW outandabout? Off-season is a b!tch for staying in touch, isn't it? How's the club going? All good signs for 2016?)
The boys are training next week. Hopefully will have enough numbers for two teams. Only time will tell. There was a bloke who played for swans and Southport in my day. His wife was very friendly with his teammates as well. Really enjoyed sledging him about it. Probably out of line but he really was a tosser.

Who is in the comp this year. I hear whispers of a split comp! Any new coaching or player recruitments?

I have heard the same thing. But how would you split it? Would it be based on location, ladder position in 2015, something else? And is 2 divs of 7 teams each better than a 14 team comp?

Here's my (uneducated) take on a possible split:

Coorparoo
Jimboomba
Morningside (assumption - Kedron moving back up)
Sandgate
University of Queensland
Woodsmen
Zillmere

Collingwood Park
Ferny Grove
Ipswich Cats
Ipswich Eagles
Kenmore
Mayne
Yeronga

Are there other teams looking to enter? Or could a merge of one of the north/south comps into central work?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back