MMA-UFC THE RONDA ROUSEY THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

nahhh not a fan of that match up 'stylistically' but ill put my hand up to go 5 rounds with her

images

Can beat any man in the world, just not every women.
Once in human history fighter.

Please remember & respect that fact. Wait, but she got pwned.

In b4:

'bad weight cut'
'injury she didn't tell anyone about'
'Personal issue took her focua off the fight'
'Holm cheated by having a game plan & skills'

In b4:

'bad weight cut'

She certainly has no excuses and deserves a lot of criticism and I'm very happy for Holm but gee whiz so many people have come out of the woodwork since she lost yesterday after the fact.

In b4:

'bad weight cut'

Can't see why everybody loves her, does my head in just happy she had that big mouth shut tight.

really interested to see how the rematch pans out, and if she moves camp, how that will play out. would like to see holly defend before rematch but that just wont happen
If rumors of Edmund getting booted are true,she should go to a bigger camp with more and better striking coaches

Then again I read she might spend time with the Diaz bros

If rumors of Edmund getting booted are true,she should go to a bigger camp with more and better striking coaches

Then again I read she might spend time with the Diaz bros
not a bad move AKA is always an option but she doesnt need to get into a striking battle she just needs to go back to her roots. im very happy with the outcome but I wont lie looking at Holly first few fights im really shocked

I thought Rousey's striking and cage cutting would be a lot better than it was. Her last two fights were against Zingano and Correira. There was nothing to take from her Zingano fight relating to her striking skill or ability to cut off the cage. Against Correira she could afford to fight recklessly and I thought that she'd have something better to attack Holm with. I just sort of assumed that she'd be progressing as you'd expect an elite athlete to be, but she wasn't. Everything always seems so obvious afterwards though.

I wonder how some of these posts will look in 12 months time. Can Rousey bounce back and do a GSP?

I wonder how some of these posts will look in 12 months time. Can Rousey bounce back and do a GSP?
It's interesting that even though Rousey was getting soundly beat for the entire fight, she still had big moments that could have won her the fight. The left hook she landed just before Holm took her down wobbled Holm badly. Holm was also in a similar position to the one that Zingano found herself in against Rousey, but defended far better.

I think she could come back and be the best in the division again like GSP. Her chances of doing that are far higher if she leaves Edmond's gym. GSP had some of the best coaches you could find. He trained at Tristar and Jackson's, and had Roach helping him with his boxing. Rousey has Edmond helping her with striking and it's only got her to this point after 4+ years. I saw today someone mentioning that Edmond and Rousey have said that she won't throw kicks. Eliminating kicking altogether is bizarre.

If she stays with Edmond I think she could still win the title back, but I don't think it's very likely. I would heavily favour Holm in a rematch, especially if it's Rousey's next fight. But Rousey's got power in her hands and can lock up an armbar from anywhere. Despite getting her arse kicked for almost the entire 6 minutes of the fight, she managed to hurt Holm with a punch and had her in a tricky position on the mat.

She certainly could use a new camp. Edmund doesn't offer much tactically and her striking doesn't look great, especially her defence. No head movement, hands dropped constantly and her chin sticking up. She's the kind of athlete that could become something truly terrifying with a better coaching team around her.

Dream scenario would be her ending up at tristar, she'll probably stay in California though so the Diaz bros, Aka or Alliance I'd imagine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She certainly could use a new camp. Edmund doesn't offer much tactically and her striking doesn't look great, especially her defence. No head movement, hands dropped constantly and her chin sticking up. She's the kind of athlete that could become something truly terrifying with a better coaching team around her.

Dream scenario would be her ending up at tristar, she'll probably stay in California though so the Diaz bros, Aka or Alliance I'd imagine.

Kind of left field, but I wouldn't mind see what she could do training at The Pit under John Hackleman.

I certainly feel like forecasts of her total demise are very premature. Hype and hubris aside, I think there's far more substance to her as an athlete and a person than to fall apart due to this, or walk away totally.

I think McGee would still be with Hackleman. Damn, he's been out of action for ages.

I think Glover was training by himself before the Davis fight and I'm not sure where he's training now.

I think Nijem's still training with Hackleman. He's got really big holes in his striking. How much of it is that he's never going to be a good striker? How much of it comes down to training? I'm not sure.

Rousey clearly had a bad cut, she looked like crap at weigh ins and fought quite bloated (even Herb said she looked in poor shape) but i doubt that made much of a difference. No doubt she could bounce back but if the rematch is in the next 6 months forget it, what could she possibly learn/do in 6 months (especially with her break and shooting a movie) that would change the outcome of that fight.

Also all this weird s**t about Rondas feet and Hollys steroid penis is embarassing, jesus people love to cut people down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back