Delisted #25: Alex Morgan - Signed with North Melbourne as a DFA - 1/11/17 - delisted again - 25/10/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Essendon, Alex Morgan!
HDqh2W3.jpg

Alex Morgan is quick.

But when the fastest player at this year’s draft combine vanished from the AFL pathway last year, clubs thought he’d disappeared for good.

Morgan played nine TAC Cup games in 2013, but his enjoyment of the game waned and so did his desire to front up at Oakleigh Chargers.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/10bd48e024643d61ad2f93ad4d881fb5
More info to come.

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-25_7-55-43.png
    upload_2015-11-25_7-55-43.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator:

snoop says
"19yo who bit hard to get a read on exactly where he will go. Withdrew from the Chargers side last year citing lack of interest only to rediscover interest after seeing a number of mates drafted. Struggled a bit with injury but should enough during the champs and club level to suggest there is a spot for him. Backed it up with elite testing at the Draft Combine and given clubs desire for speed he should go sooner than later. Strong kid, good core, has good agility, pace and lateral movement and has shown could play back and middle. I could even see him playing forward. Looks good with ball in hand and doesn’t appear to rushed. Vision looks to be very good. Clubs will be very focused on whether or not his commitment levels are sustainable."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Had some injury issues this year with a couple of hamstrings, which was disappointing but he’s blessed with perfect speed, has got a great leap, reads the play really well and he’s a great kick. He’s a 19 year old for us this year – a guy that I probably see in a maturity sense as being a 21,22 year old, but in a footy sense he’s more like a 17 year old so I think there is still a fair scope for improvement, which is exciting.”

Oakleigh Chargers Talent Manager Craig Notman

Wouldn't worry about him, elite speed and kicking. Also has a solid leap on him and reads the play very well.
What are his downsides? holy s**t!

I'm no expert on the draft but Alex Morgan, especially when Mitchell Hibberd was still available. Really? I guess the club knows better than I do. Welcome to the club Alex.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back