Carlton Merchandise needs a complete overhaul

Remove this Banner Ad

LCBlues95

Team Captain
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I have been saying this for years now, Our merchandise looks tacky, We need to hire a designer.

I mean sometimes they come out with some really cool jackets E.G the 150 years wind runner with the grey V, but that is once every so many years.

What needs to be revamped?

Suppliers are by tender and need to jump through many hoops before any licensing arrangement can be struck.
Had a friend go through the process but given the risk attached, the reward wasn't exactly great.

In order to cover your arse as a supplier you really need to work from a low cost base.....hence the poorer quality over some stocks.

Those 5% discounts look embarrassing next to the full price - but i quite like the hood, and would have thought the jacket has appeal to some.

Actually the hoody is pretty cheap, might get one. Thanks :)

We have trouble attracting new members and supporters and with two young kids myself, the kids range is decidely average.

It's the same pair of pyjamas each year and maybe one or two t shirts.

Let's start with a great kids range and work from there.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

id like to see some corporate business shirts......i have 1 ss dress shirt with insignia on shirt pocket
but its a bit bulky looking...more a bodyshirt would be cool.

Haha we have an option to buy a Carlton rugby top? Where's my Carlton soccer top and basketball singlet?

Also I have previously asked the Club the same question. They said they are very restricted by the AFL and only suppliers that can use is AFL contracted and approved. Even the designs needs to get the AFL tick. They all have to be AFL branded as well.

i went to buy a guernsey for my son a year ago...didnt know whether to buy one with the new or old logo...and i still dont!
the mixed messages over which logo will be used is frustrating to say the least!
and again i was thinking of grabbing him something for xmas this year but i think i will get him some cairns taipans gear instead!

i went to buy a guernsey for my son a year ago...didnt know whether to buy one with the new or old logo...and i still dont!
the mixed messages over which logo will be used is frustrating to say the least!
and again i was thinking of grabbing him something for xmas this year but i think i will get him some cairns taipans gear instead!
Haha, I understand that frustration, also all the different sponsership logo's help date any jumper you buy. I was able to find an unofficial Blues jumper a few years ago without any sponsership, and thought great it will be timeless. Except that it has the new CFC logo, now that we have gone back to the old one........

The online shop needs a complete over haul, it's useless. There is only 1 mens polo available and a very average range of other mens tops.
Also where are all the sales? There should be 2015 clearance sales all over the main Carlton website, Christmas sales, and news of when all the new 2016 merchandise will be coming out. Now that all our sponsors are sorted and most of the playing list, there are no excuses.

Just received this 'new arrivals' merchandise email :-

New-Arrivals+merch.jpg

I don't like the current Nike style jumper .
I much prefer the singlet style jumper that Craig Bradley used to wear .
The cut away shoulders and V neck style jumpers made the players look much bigger and stronger .
Might only be a 1 per center , but first impressions count ...

Just received this 'new arrivals' merchandise email :-
That stuff makes me vomit. We are an AFL team, not a Basketball or Baseball team.
I don't mind one or two 'US' styled items, but making the whole catalog in that style sucks ass.
I would also gladly forfeit all my cheap rubbish Chinese membership 'Merch' for a decent Cap (in Navy Blue - not White & sky blue).

Merch FAIL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back