Multiplat Was Fallout 4 A disappointment?

Remove this Banner Ad

VaultWanderer

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 10, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Many seem to have different opinions about fallout 4. I honestly think its a fantastic game, but does come with a few let downs, that hold it back from being better then fallout 3. Firstly the new dialogue tree is far to simple and dumbed down, this is a big issue as unlike previous games it feels you have less decisions to make and the loss of skill points in to individual stats like speech make the whole decisions feel dumbed down which sucks. Secondly it feels the side quests are really lacking. In fallout 3 it felt like there were a huge number of side quests to do. Here it feels like there are far less and there much less interesting and dont compare to such ones in fallout 3, like the survival guide and so on. So while i still rate fallout 4 as a high contender for my goty, it comes short against fallout 3. Im interested to know if anyone has similar opinions, or how you rate the game yourself, please do share.

Anyone that thinks Fallout 4 is a disappointment should unplug what ever gaming system they are using to play it on and sell it, then never ever play a video game again.

They should then go one further and chop off both hands and burn them to make sure they never make contact with something again.

Anyone that thinks Fallout 4 is a disappointment should unplug what ever gaming system they are using to play it on and sell it, then never ever play a video game again.

They should then go one further and chop off both hands and burn them to make sure they never make contact with something again.

LOL.

Fallout is your life isn't it? Defend at all costs!

Keep up the fight, trooper. But nothing changes the fact its a disappointing game for a lot of people

I'd never played a fallout game before (Other than a short, shitty experience with NV. Didn't even want the game until pantskyle told me about the irresistible JB price. I ******* love the game though. Gun play sucks ass, but the rest is great.

LOL.

Keep up the fight, trooper. But nothing changes the fact its a disappointing game for a lot of people

Depends if you take me seriously or not, I've played it twice since Sunday. Kind of getting bored with it. I would have thought the satirical nature of my post was obvious. :$

People can be disappointed in the game if they want but I'd say most of those that are would be new to the series and don't really get it. For those used to the style the majority will ignore the little nitpicky things and enjoy it for what it is. We are still early enough in this new gen that games like this are incredibly hard to pull off. I always use GTA as a guide, IV when released was early on in the life cycle, V at the end was a big jump.

The next Fallout I reckon will be something fairly special knowing what has been achieved with this one.

PC port was a joke, AI rubbish, graphics awful. Overall the game was ok. 6/10

At the start I didn't take to the game like I have the others in the series. However that was because it initially felt to me like a shooter with some Fallout elements rather than a Fallout game. The more I have played the more I have liked it and have changed perspective that it’s a Fallout game with a lot more extra s**t.

As for bugs and bad graphics…..it’s a Fallout game. The scope of what’s available to do/see is so big (like always) that of course there will be bugs. And as for the whine about graphics, who cares if it’s not photo realistic and wall renders are repeated. It’s Fallout, the draw on the game is the ability to do so much in such a hyper overload environment of gaming possibility. Fallout never been developed to be a visual wet dream.

Disappointment? Best Fallout so far IMO. Love the game and look forward to playing it everyday.

LOL.

Disappointment?! Where the hell did this come from???

After putting approximately 10 hours into Fallout 3 and really disliking it, and thus putting me off both Skyrim and retroactively Oblivion, Fallout 4 has me back on track.

I went into Fallout 4 thinking that it'd be awful, I only bought the game due to the price at JB being so damn irresistible.

The biggest thing to me, is that they've improved the actual gun/gameplay mechanics that were just so terrible in Fallout 3. There was just no real hook to the gunplay for me that made me want to continue, I was constantly fighting against terrible controls. Beyond that, I was always picking up junk that turned out to be completely useless as well.

In Fallout 4, Bethesda have managed to completely turn this around. The gunplay feels WAY better, almost on par with your general FPS games, could do with a little refinement but otherwise I'm more than happy with it.

Beyond that, every piece of junk is useful now, with regards to building settlements and building them up into something awesome. Helping to keep this whole world moving and evolving as you go and gives you a point to explore every nook and cranny and pick up as many items as you see. Whereas in Fallout 3 it was more hope that you're actually going to find a decent item amongst a shitton of useless junk.

Fallout 4 won't be my GOTY (that will go to Witcher 3) but it's an incredibly enjoyable game, especially for that ridiculous price tag of $59 as well. I've already put in 35+ hours and I don't see that stopping anytime soon.

Not even close to a disappointment, if anything it has well exceeded my expectations.

Only have to take one look at OP's username, av and 'other team' to see why this thread exists... Some people get scarily invested into things.

Oh PC gamers and their graphics.

Think they should just make a game where all you can do is walk around in a circle in a house, but the graphics are such that it's absolutely perfectly photorealistic. That'll keep the PC gamers happy.

Meanwhile, the rest of us can enjoy the actual gameplay of a game itself.

Fallout 4 is certainly different. Not really used to radiant quests so that aspect surprised me (makes sense for them to exist though considering the lack of a level cap). Gunplay is soooo much better. Some side quests in this are my favourite yet (USS constitution anyone?).

Enemies actually feel like a huge threat in this game and can be legitimately terrifying. They've done an excellent job here. Haven't met anyone that's played the game that hasn't had a feral ghoul give them a jump scare.

Things like the weather system are awesome too. When that first radiation storm comes along and you have no idea what's going on...

Dialogue is still taking a while to get used to. It's probably why the game feels so different for some people. Reserving judgement on that one.

Weapon modding is good fun. Settlement building can bring out the OCD in everyone.

It's probably the most addictive game I've ever played.

My only real disappointment is that the otherworldly random event still hasn't happened for me yet so I don't have access to my favourite weapon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My only real disappointment is that the otherworldly random event still hasn't happened for me yet so I don't have access to my favourite weapon.
Is it possible that it has and you just missed it? Have you been to the location of the site?

The only disappointment for me is the linear nature of most of the quests. Compared to F3 and NV where there were multiple ways to complete each quest, there is a real lack of choice here. There is nothing that compares to the Megaton/Tenpenny quest from F3 for example. There also seems to be far fewer side quests, with most being padded out by radiant quests.

Despite that I absolutely love the game and it has consumed way too much of my life over the past 2 weeks

Oh PC gamers and their graphics.

Think they should just make a game where all you can do is walk around in a circle in a house, but the graphics are such that it's absolutely perfectly photorealistic. That'll keep the PC gamers happy.

that's exactly what my mates have been doing on their Xboxes with this game. they're already over the actual 'game' because it's a western RPG you know, there's not much to that side of it. they spent way too long making 'hilarious' avatars in the mirror then walking around the house doing nothing in particular, just reminding me of Half Life 2. i took control and walked around a bit and killed the servant robot. then we went back to smash!!!

Started a second play through and plan to take it a lot slower then the first time. First time i played fallout 3 i hated it, yet it ended up being one of my favourite games of all time, this could be a similar case there, although i still love the game regardless, but stand by the fact fallout 3 so far is the better game.

Eh, its good - but theres a lot of filler. Settlements side of things bores me to tears, i keep away from it as much as possible. Agree with the dialouge. Also agree they did a much better job with the shooting side of things. The main issue for me so far is the quests. All boring as s**t or fetch quests.
Spot on, so far i just feel the side quests are weak compared to previous fallout and elder scrolls games

If you ignore how ridiculously overhyped this game was, it's a fantastic release that should have plenty of replay value through the original game, DLCs, and future mods. If you listened to all the plebs who proclaimed that this would be the greatest game in the history of gaming and would be absolutely perfect then yeah....... you'll be disappointed. It does have some minor issues and the graphics aren't as stunning as some other titles, but at the end of the day it doesn't really detract from the gameplay.

PC port was a joke, AI rubbish, graphics awful. Overall the game was ok. 6/10

Cool story bro :drunk::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back